You mean for people who just arrived to the scene. This has been discussed to death in the forums. It's not just advertising. You can find out more by reading the multitude of old threads. No need to rehash here.
    Yes, I know. But the response was geared towards someone that appearantly isn't quite on the ball and doesn't yet realize the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 11:20 PM
    This is a great phone . It has all the ingredients to emerge as a true flagship device from Blackberry . I would have gone for this device but stopped coz announcement of the Mercury.
    11-17-16 02:50 AM
    If I'm buying a BlackBerry, it's gotta have a physical keyboard. That's what they do best.

Unfortunately the PRIV keyboard was too small.
    The Passport keyboard was unorthodox (but great move with the scrolling capabilities built in)
    The Classic keyboard was great

So I'm waiting on the DTEK70/Mercury
    I think they are the best in keyboards period, physical or on screen. So with that in mind, the dtek60 is not a bad choice at all.

Posted via CB10
    Menage likes this.
    11-17-16 03:00 AM
    This phone is arguably BlackBerry best flagship in years if ever. If you're are a BlackBerry fan, wants to see them continue making high end hardware or partnering with companies like TCL to make high end hardware...support this phone, BUY this phone!

Send Blackberry management this message....

KEEP MAKING PHONES LIKE THE DTEK60!
    Thanks for starting a very positive thread . I have a Priv and Passport as daily drivers . I am looking for giving rest to my Passport and therefore shall go for the mercury . But if mercury was not rumoured DTEK 60 would have been my go to device .
    11-17-16 03:13 AM
    Enjoy the dtek60 for what it is but know that you are probably only one of 10 who will own this phone.
    Sounds like it might be one for collectors, if it is going to be that rare.
    11-17-16 04:50 AM
    Dtek 60 received quite a good reviews here in UAE newspapers .
    Attached Thumbnails Support The DTEK60 Movement-84527.jpg  
    11-17-16 06:06 AM
    This phone is arguably BlackBerry best flagship in years if ever. If you're are a BlackBerry fan, wants to see them continue making high end hardware or partnering with companies like TCL to make high end hardware...support this phone, BUY this phone! Send Blackberry management this message....KEEP MAKING PHONES LIKE THE DTEK60!
    I'm just not there yet. BlackBerry and Android in the same sentence is still an oxymoron to me. And as long as Blackberry continues to support BB10 ( and they have no plans what-so-ever to discontinue support,) I'll stick with my Passport!
    Kot Prada and zensen like this.
    11-17-16 09:16 AM
    Prominent newspaper in UAE carried today this article on DTEK 60 . Below is the link .
    http://www.pressreader.com/uae/khale...82179355669332
    gritsinct and Randal Yandal like this.
    11-17-16 09:24 AM
    The DTEK60 is a great device and the best Blackberry has made to date and is good enough to break into the consumer space and go viral. Would be great to see Blackberry get back some market share.
    Randal Yandal and bigjman like this.
    11-17-16 03:22 PM
    Many on this thread seem out of step with he Android scene. For mainstream sales you need advertising, for enthusiasts you need Android N (a date for a beta at the very least) and the phone needs a USP. The Dtek 60 seems good but it's not a Pixel, isn't as nice as a S7/S7 Edge, isn't as high spec as One Plus 3T (screen res aside), not as good audio as Axon 7 etc etc etc.

It's not enough to be a good device with solid security updates. That's not enough. Shame.
    11-17-16 04:20 PM
    For me, best blackberry phone was passport.
    Powdah likes this.
    11-17-16 04:27 PM
    Unless the carriers in the USA support and sell these phones, they are going nowhere. I would love a DTEK 60, but Verizon Wireless isn't going to be carrying it!
    11-17-16 04:52 PM
    Unless the carriers in the USA support and sell these phones, they are going nowhere. I would love a DTEK 60, but Verizon Wireless isn't going to be carrying it!
    You're thinking from a consumer perspective and in that regard you're right. But being that BlackBerry is after the enterprise crowd, it's other ways to attack that market.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 07:54 PM
    For me, best blackberry phone was passport.
    For me it's the Z30 over the Passport by a mosquito's knuckle. But both are great phones and pleasures to use.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 07:57 PM
    Ironic considering your name.
    11-17-16 11:08 PM
    You're thinking from a consumer perspective and in that regard you're right. But being that BlackBerry is after the enterprise crowd, it's other ways to attack that market.

Posted via CB10
    Going after the enterprise crowd is part of what got them into the mess they're in in the first place. They still haven't clued into BYOD and it ain't a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 12:28 AM
    I'm just not there yet. BlackBerry and Android in the same sentence is still an oxymoron to me. And as long as Blackberry continues to support BB10 ( and they have no plans what-so-ever to discontinue support,) I'll stick with my Passport!
    I said exactly the same a numerous times here, on forum. The worst thing is that BB10 will simply crash soon... and what next? Definitely not Android or iOS... Windows 10 is relatively good... but, that stuff should become better and better with every year, it should progress. But after 2 years world came only to 2 dumb OSes and 0,5 good OS?!

Something is going wrong is this world...
    11-18-16 04:35 AM
    Going after the enterprise crowd is part of what got them into the mess they're in in the first place. They still haven't clued into BYOD and it ain't a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly... same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

And same bull headed refusal to recognize it.
    11-18-16 04:36 AM
    DTEK60. Eh what is Blackberry about it again? No PKB. No BBOS either. It isn't a Blackberry.
    11-18-16 06:41 AM
    Going after the Enterprise crowd was what started their business.

As for BYOD, they did clue in and started supporting Android and iOS with their security software offerings and are dropping devices because BYOD "ain't a BlackBerry".
    11-18-16 11:14 AM
    I will be getting one of these. I recently had a Passport SE, which was an awesome piece of hardware, but it developed a recurring software glitch that I realized would never be addressed so I bailed, and went back to my Z10. Then a buddy was selling a lightly used iPhone 6 for cheap, so I thought, I'll give it a shot. I lasted a month. What a total piece of #$@%. There was nothing redeeming about that phone at all, I hated it to an irrational extent. Nothing was easy on it. Typing was brutal, half the apps were garbage or didn't work as well as the original website, and it was BORING. I have special ring tones for different contacts, different inappropriate pictures for different contacts, and trying to do that on an iPhone is painful if not impossible....they won't let you customize it easily. And no SD card slot? See ya! My Z10 is so much better in every way, it amazes me that Apple can even sell phones... I'll be stepping up to a DTek asap. And as far as the new Pixels, they can stuff it. No SD slot, and I won't go without the BlackBerry virtual keyboard ever again. This phone is a steal at the price they want.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal, ErnieH and zensen like this.
    11-18-16 11:36 AM
    I will be getting one of these. I recently had a Passport SE, which was an awesome piece of hardware, but it developed a recurring software glitch that I realized would never be addressed so I bailed, and went back to my Z10. Then a buddy was selling a lightly used iPhone 6 for cheap, so I thought, I'll give it a shot. I lasted a month. What a total piece of #$@%. There was nothing redeeming about that phone at all, I hated it to an irrational extent. Nothing was easy on it. Typing was brutal, half the apps were garbage or didn't work as well as the original website, and it was BORING. I have special ring tones for different contacts, different inappropriate pictures for different contacts, and trying to do that on an iPhone is painful if not impossible....they won't let you customize it easily. And no SD card slot? See ya! My Z10 is so much better in every way, it amazes me that Apple can even sell phones... I'll be stepping up to a DTek asap. And as far as the new Pixels, they can stuff it. No SD slot, and I won't go without the BlackBerry virtual keyboard ever again. This phone is a steal at the price they want.

Posted via CB10
    You'll love it!
    11-18-16 11:57 AM
    Going after the Enterprise crowd was what started their business.

As for BYOD, they did clue in and started supporting Android and iOS with their security software offerings and are dropping devices because BYOD "ain't a BlackBerry".
    It was a completely different market back then. The enterprise/government started their business before smartphones were in the hands of the general public and they didn't face any real competition. Fast forward to today, and although their software business now reflects today's realities, their hardware business is still stuck in the mentality that gov/bis is going to buy enough devices to make them a success. So, no... the hw business hasn't clued in yet into Boyd. Had they, they'd know they need to go after the average Joe (consumer market) and advertise, approach carriers, Make their device competitive, etc.

Anyhow, this has been discussed to death... BlackBerry (Chen/hw business) still doesn't get why they've lost and continue to lose market share and why more and more of their employees are being asked to look into other lines of work... or collect their monthly unemployment checks.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 01:09 PM
    Had they, they'd know they need to go after the average Joe (consumer market) and advertise, approach carriers, Make their device competitive, etc.
    You must have missed the part where they tried to introduce BB10...

Anyhow, this has been discussed to death... BlackBerry (Chen/hw business) still doesn't get why they've lost and continue to lose market share and why more and more of their employees are being asked to look into other lines of work... or collect their monthly unemployment checks.
    It has been discussed to death and in general, people say, "oh, they /should/ have done X in 2007 or before..." Pointless discussions... Given today's realities, what can they do? Advertise? Wasted money because carriers aren't carrying the phones. Build better carrier relationships? They don't have enough money to incentivize carrier reps over Apple or Samsung. Get BB10 up and running again? Lack of apps is still a problem. Sell phones cheaper? And lose money per sale? etc....
    11-18-16 01:22 PM
    I wonder if there will be a new OS that can compete with ios or android. I wish BB10 was one of them but it will be EOL.
    11-18-16 01:26 PM
98 1234