This phone is arguably BlackBerry best flagship in years if ever. If you're are a BlackBerry fan, wants to see them continue making high end hardware or partnering with companies like TCL to make high end hardware...support this phone, BUY this phone!

Send Blackberry management this message....

KEEP MAKING PHONES LIKE THE DTEK60!
    11-15-16 04:28 PM
    The trick is to buy phones like the DTEK60.
    Gajja, itsachickthing and mkiiw like this.
    11-15-16 04:29 PM
    I would only buy another BB if it is a Android Passport with either a VKB or maybe a PKB. At least the same width screen
    Alain_A likes this.
    11-15-16 05:05 PM
    I would buy one but I'm not taking a $400-500 hit on my Priv 10 months after I bought. I didn't anticipate any more flagship type phones so I went for the Priv. Such is life.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-15-16 05:27 PM
    Yeah who actually bought the dtek60. Lots of fan boys.
    11-15-16 05:45 PM
    Uh, too little too late. There simply aren't enough fanboys to turn BB's fortunes around. As decent a phone as the dtek60 is, it was released into a sea many similar android devices with NO marketing other than some lame web ads. This phone is their swan song. They know it and simply don't care anymore. That's why it isn't overpriced like their previous offerings. They're simply looking to sell at least a few, cut their losses and shut 'er down.

There is no longer any "movement". That ship sailed years ago with a series of bad decisions. We all know the story by now.

Sorry to be so blunt but at some point, reality needs to set in. I was a BB user and fan for many years but the time has come to stick a fork in their phone division. Even Chen couldn't deny it anymore.

Enjoy the dtek60 for what it is but know that you are probably only one of 10 who will own this phone.
    andy957, Uzi, John Albert and 3 others like this.
    11-15-16 07:22 PM
    Only way BB will sell some of their Dtek60 phones is if they display and market in local stores like bestbuy, staples, wireless wave etc. Since the carriers are not supporting it, no one knows about these phones - we all know how good this phone is. But if no one knows, who will buy? I was patiently waiting to see one in person since the launch but gave up on it and ordered one yesterday. I'm a BB fan but no one else will even attempt to look for Dtek if its not visible anywhere.

Sad story - its BB's own fault.
    11-15-16 07:32 PM
    I'm getting one. People are getting sick of carriers and their high subsidies... This phone is right place, right time, right price. Nothing but positive reviews. It's a winner. Advertisements are getting tough but they are paying for advertisements online. Less and less people are watching cable TV so that's a waste of money for advertising.
    11-15-16 07:50 PM
    Uh, too little too late. There simply aren't enough fanboys to turn BB's fortunes around. As decent a phone as the dtek60 is, it was released into a sea many similar android devices with NO marketing other than some lame web ads. This phone is their swan song. They know it and simply don't care anymore. That's why it isn't overpriced like their previous offerings. They're simply looking to sell at least a few, cut their losses and shut 'er down.

There is no longer any "movement". That ship sailed years ago with a series of bad decisions. We all know the story by now.

Sorry to be so blunt but at some point, reality needs to set in. I was a BB user and fan for many years but the time has come to stick a fork in their phone division. Even Chen couldn't deny it anymore.

Enjoy the dtek60 for what it is but know that you are probably only one of 10 who will own this phone.
    My humble opinion is that the 60 will be a sleeper. It will gain traction by word of mouth. In a month or two, orders will begin to pour in..

The 60 is a high end phablet device at half the weight and half the cost, and all the special BB sauce. It wasn't until the 60 that I could appreciate the BlackBerry version of Android.

My advice is to order before the Christmas rush!
    11-15-16 07:51 PM
    No Hotspot on AT&T so I won't be getting this. I'm most likely going with Motorola to replace my Lumia 1520
    11-15-16 07:52 PM
    So glad I sold my overpriced priv before the prices dropped on the net😓. Dtek60a/50 are both great phones
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    11-15-16 08:13 PM
    My humble opinion is that the 60 will be a sleeper. It will gain traction by word of mouth. In a month or two, orders will begin to pour in..

The 60 is a high end phablet device at half the weight and half the cost, and all the special BB sauce. It wasn't until the 60 that I could appreciate the BlackBerry version of Android.

If you mean for mature adults you maybe right, but if you think the average tech consumer cares, they won't.

If you look at all the buzz surrounding the movers and shakers of the android space, they're fanboying over more and more asinine things by the day.

1. The Idol 4s had buzz, for $100 more you get the monthly updates, secured chip, upgraded processor, screen, etc and NOT single one of those android morons have covered the dtek60. I believe I saw one cover the windows10 version which is identical to the dtek60...windows phone? Really?

2. They consider the "future" to be the xioami mi mix and you won't ever guess why. Apparently it has the greatest innovation - it has no bezels! It's 6.4' screen! Phone is huge. Also looks ugly. Facepalm.

3. Axon 7, oneplus 3t, and numerous others that have ok hardware, imho sh*tty software, but they're cheap! Wow. Again, their software is so uncompelling and pretty useless.

Just watch the vieos that fanboy over all the new "useful" features of nougat. Android honestly gives off the vibe that the engineers have no clue what they're doing and they just update with new sh*t for the sake of upgrading. Contrast that with how bb10 progressed and even BlackBerry android now.

Watching these idiots on youtube make you realize BlackBerry has no hope - not in the NA market at least.

All the good videos on the BlackBerry phones are from other countries.

Phew, that's my rant for the month!

#whatisclassic
    zensen likes this.
    11-15-16 09:37 PM
    If you mean for mature adults you maybe right, but if you think the average tech consumer cares, they won't.

If you look at all the buzz surrounding the movers and shakers of the android space, they're fanboying over more and more asinine things by the day.

1. The Idol 4s had buzz, for $100 more you get the monthly updates, secured chip, upgraded processor, screen, etc and NOT single one of those android morons have covered the dtek60. I believe I saw one cover the windows10 version which is identical to the dtek60...windows phone? Really?

2. They consider the "future" to be the xioami mi mix and you won't ever guess why. Apparently it has the greatest innovation - it has no bezels! It's 6.4' screen! Phone is huge. Also looks ugly. Facepalm.

3. Axon 7, oneplus 3t, and numerous others that have ok hardware, imho sh*tty software, but they're cheap! Wow. Again, their software is so uncompelling and pretty useless.

Just watch the vieos that fanboy over all the new "useful" features of nougat. Android honestly gives off the vibe that the engineers have no clue what they're doing and they just update with new sh*t for the sake of upgrading. Contrast that with how bb10 progressed and even BlackBerry android now.

Watching these idiots on youtube make you realize BlackBerry has no hope - not in the NA market at least.

All the good videos on the BlackBerry phones are from other countries.

Phew, that's my rant for the month!

#whatisclassic
    Bb10 caught up to the others then stopped progressing.

What do you mean by 'other' countries?

Unlike the old in house phones, the new dtek's are current and relatable. For an Android user (many) looking for a small step towards security, this is it. Price points are bang on and they are a vanilla Android experience that is extremely flexible and customizable.

It's got alot going for it. Also there are lots of reviews coming out. It's just there's more phones coming out monthly than ever. :P
    11-15-16 10:46 PM

The dtek is not a hairstylist, or a car mechanic, or a doctor or... etc. It's a device with a limited lifetime and the company producing it must realize profit or the future of the device is doomed. It doesn't have the time to become popular by word of mouth. Also, unfortunately, people are generally lazy. A lot of them like to be able to see something, touch something, and be told repeatedly how good something is, even if it isn't, before buying it at an easy to access location... maybe while they're out shopping or getting a quick snack. A lot like to be able to walk into that store or whatever, sign a contract and walk out with that shiny new phone in their hands...

I have not seen a dtek60 anywhere... no one carries it... no one advertises it, no one sees it, no one knows about it and hence, no one buys it outside of a shrinking BlackBerry fan base. What BlackBerry should have done was making the devices cheaper than the competition... advertised, and stuck the devices in people's faces... right in front.. don't want to or just takes too long to get devices out to carriers? drop some off at Costco and sell them discounted unlocked out of the electronics section... Samsung is doing it... high and low end devices...

The problem with bb10 was never the os... It was always lack of advertising by BlackBerry... People must be realizing this by now.

Posted via CB10
    falbo and Menage like this.
    11-16-16 12:16 AM
    The dtek is not a hairstylist, or a car mechanic, or a doctor or... etc. It's a device with a limited lifetime and the company producing it must realize profit or the future of the device is doomed. It doesn't have the time to become popular by word of mouth. Also, unfortunately, people are generally lazy. A lot of them like to be able to see something, touch something, and be told repeatedly how good something is, even if it isn't, before buying it at an easy to access location... maybe while they're out shopping or getting a quick snack. A lot like to be able to walk into that store or whatever, sign a contract and walk out with that shiny new phone in their hands...

I have not seen a dtek60 anywhere... no one carries it... no one advertises it, no one sees it, no one knows about it and hence, no one buys it outside of a shrinking BlackBerry fan base. What BlackBerry should have done was making the devices cheaper than the competition... advertised, and stuck the devices in people's faces... right in front.. don't want to or just takes too long to get devices out to carriers? drop some off at Costco and sell them discounted unlocked out of the electronics section... Samsung is doing it... high and low end devices...

The problem with bb10 was never the os... It was always lack of advertising by BlackBerry... People must be realizing this by now.

Posted via CB10
    Too many "experts" don't get the concept that if no one knows about then no one will buy it.
    11-16-16 12:44 AM
    This phone is arguably BlackBerry best flagship in years if ever. If you're are a BlackBerry fan, wants to see them continue making high end hardware or partnering with companies like TCL to make high end hardware...support this phone, BUY this phone!

Send Blackberry management this message....

KEEP MAKING PHONES LIKE THE DTEK60!
    No no no! I am against Android (and against BlackBerry now)... therefore, I will do better an opposite
    11-16-16 05:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! BB10 is best OS I've ever seen. BlackBerry is probably worst company in terms of marketing. They could just hire some student to rule with their marketing strategy and they would still deal better.
    11-16-16 05:12 AM
    It's a really really solid device. Compares quite well vs the top flagships
    Randal Yandal and Greened like this.
    11-16-16 05:34 AM
    I bought two DTEK60 phones. Not deterred by the AT&T mobile hotspot issue. Fired AT&T and went with T-Mobile. Completely satisfied and have unlimited everything for a flat rate.

Coming from the Z30, the earlier flagship. The DTEK60 is the closest thing in the new BlackBerry android ecosystem. Having used android tablets I was familiar enough with the OS to make a fairly smooth transition.

Excellent phone for BlackBerry 10 users to transition to android while retaining security and enjoying android without bloatware.

Would like to see some BlackBerry marketing of this device, but not their forte I guess.
    11-16-16 06:02 AM
    Couldn't be happier with this phone, it truly is one of the best they've ever made.
    11-16-16 11:14 AM
    Everyone who thinks this needs to sell well "for the future of the handset division" needs to understand that it doesnt matter. BB has already made that decision, its over. This could be the best selling BB android device yet but its not going to change things. What it could do is show another manufacture that licensing the BB software for a device might sell decent enough for them to give it a whirl.

The main thing is that if you buy the device and are happy with it. Great! Its without a doubt the best BB android released and probably wont ever be a better one. So enjoy it for what it is a great BB phone.
    Uzi, Centerman66, Pcmx and 6 others like this.
    11-16-16 11:28 AM
    Everyone who thinks this needs to sell well "for the future of the handset division" needs to understand that it doesnt matter. BB has already made that decision, its over. This could be the best selling BB android device yet but its not going to change things. What it could do is show another manufacture that licensing the BB software for a device might sell decent enough for them to give it a whirl.

The main thing is that if you buy the device and are happy with it. Great! Its without a doubt the best BB android released and probably wont ever be a better one. So enjoy it for what it is a great BB phone.
    Well stated.
    11-16-16 01:27 PM
    You mean for people who just arrived to the scene. This has been discussed to death in the forums. It's not just advertising. You can find out more by reading the multitude of old threads. No need to rehash here.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-16-16 01:39 PM
    Exactly! BB10 is best OS I've ever seen. BlackBerry is probably worst company in terms of marketing. They could just hire some student to rule with their marketing strategy and they would still deal better.
    BB10 is an awesome OS. The problem is people's expectations for their phones. All these apps they want on their phone. Want to play games? Get a tablet or a computer. BlackBerry should have been trumpeting the BB10 security vs other phones. I like the Android integration. But I could have lived without it.
    11-16-16 02:27 PM
    If I'm buying a BlackBerry, it's gotta have a physical keyboard. That's what they do best.

Unfortunately the PRIV keyboard was too small.
    The Passport keyboard was unorthodox (but great move with the scrolling capabilities built in)
    The Classic keyboard was great

So I'm waiting on the DTEK70/Mercury
    Avenzuno likes this.
    11-16-16 06:49 PM
98 123 ...