My DTK60 is about 8 months old and so far I had no problems. This morning I got a notification of

"SD card missing. To use apps, photos, or data this SD card contains, reinsert it.

Alternatively you can choose to forget this storage if .....

If you choose to forget, all the data the devise contains will be lost for ever. ......"

No idea what happened. Tried to remove and reinsert the SD card. Also tried to restart the device, neither action solve my problem. It irks me I have off-line maps on this card and other stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    10-31-17 04:39 PM
    Did you set it up as adoptable, or internal storage when you first installed it? If so, then you are prob just screwed, no way to recover anything.
    If you set it up the way it should be, as external memory, you've got a pretty good shot of recovering data using a computer.
    10-31-17 07:11 PM
    It was set up as external memory. So the phone worked in all other expects.

Now the funny part. I decided to remove and reinsert the card one more time. With the power ON I pressed the little pin home, out popped the tray and I pressed the tray home. And VOILA the SD card was recognized and all functions work properly again. I hope this is not an intermittent problem!

Was this someone's Halloween joke?
    Wezard and jamesharmeling like this.
    11-01-17 03:26 PM
    If you have ringtones or notification tones on the SD card GET THEM OUT OF THERE and put them on the phone memory instead.

The reason is that when the phone is sleeping (deep sleep) it has the SD card powered down. If the phone RINGS it can try to access the card before it can reinitialize it, and you get the "SD CARD REMOVED" error.

It's an Android bug and is NOT unique to the DTEK series (or for that matter BlackBerry phones in particular); it can and does happen with ANY Android device from time to time.
    Wezard likes this.
    11-01-17 09:02 PM
    Somehow the problem 'fixed itself'. All worked fine until a couple of days or so. Then the same problem problem reappeared. I posted an other "cry for help" earlier today.
    Then! I was looking at my Goggle Library and I found an app called "MicroflexFAT" app for Blackberry. It was not on my phone. I had nothing to loose so I re-installed it, replaced the SD card and now it was recognized my DTEK60 as an unrecognized SD card. The pone said it needs to be formatted. "Just in case" - I set it up as external memory and reformatted the card. Now it seems to work OK.
    As a note. I had problems with the last Dec/2017 system update. Had to follow the instructions from BlackBerry Help. I wonder if that bypass process wiped out the MicrosoftexFAT app from the phone.

The moral of the story is that one should not set up the external memory card as an add-on to the internal memory.
    01-12-18 06:34 PM
    My DTEK60 destroyed the second MicroSD card.
    1ste one was a Samsung microSDXC 64GB EVO card.
    Was fine one moment, the next Android reported no card present.
    Rendered utterly unusable. No Windows or LinUX tools could recovery even a single bit.
    This SD card was configured as external storage, not part of internal storage. It lasted 9months.

Bit the bullet and got a new card.
    This time a Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB.
    Configured as part of internal storage.
    566X transfer speed was twice the speed of the Samsung EVO SD.
    There was a marked improvement in performance. Also twice the price.
    Over the past 4days two apps started crashing. A local news app and Facebook. No other apps.
    It would crash and refuse to start again. A Force Stop, nothing helped. Only a hard reboot.

This afternoon, after another reboot, a "Sytems Process is not responding" message appeared after my SIM PIN was entered and immediately afterwards, the SD card is no longer present...
    This SD card also lasted roughly 9months.

I have a backup Samsung EVO 64GB.
    This one now replacing the Strontium, configured as external storage.
    Cannot see how it will last longer.

In both above scenarios fotos, videos WhatApp, Facebook was configured to store on the SD card.

This prize DTEK60, with all it's past fanfare has become a drudge purchase. No bragging points anymore, a R7,000.00 South African Rand hole in my pocket. To put it in perspective, a 60m², 2bedroomed flat is R8,000.00/month.

Wish I could hold BlackBerry responsible for this fake quality phone.

Edit:
    Perhaps a poll?
    What make & model SD card do you use in your DTEK60?

Your experience & Opinion on its performance?
    02-26-18 12:17 PM
    I'm using a 64mb SanDisk Ultra as internal storage since I bought my DTEK60 about a year ago. Installing the exfat driver was required. Haven't had issues with it so far.
    02-27-18 10:03 AM
    Some months ago my DTEK60 started forgetting that it had an SD card. I am a heavy user of Podcast Addict and it started telling me that the podcast could not be found. I would turn the phone off and on and everything would be fine for about a week, then the same thing. I later realized that when this happened I couldn't access the SD card with any other apps also. I thought that the SD card may not be making good contact and put a piece of masking tape on the back of the card, hoping to force it onto the contacts better. This seemed to work for a while (but probably not), since it is back to doing this again, about once a week. Fortunately, I have never actually lost any data.
    03-01-18 10:35 AM
    I've had the same error a couple times. I think it happened after an update to some apps. a restart and it's recognized or simply closing the app and reopening cleared it. I do need to backup the card though. It's been a while.
    Last edited by BBfishingaddict; 03-04-18 at 12:05 PM.
    03-04-18 08:41 AM
    14 months this SD Card lasted.
    Is this the average lifespan for a SDCard on a Android phone?
    This DTEK60 is my first Android phone coming from the Bkackberry BlackBerry OS since mid 2000's.
    04-21-19 01:59 AM