Hi all, I have the DTEK60 and generally I'm enjoying it. Previously came from the Z30.

I noticed that when I plugged my phone into my car's aux socket via the headpone socket, I get a lot of hiss, just like you did with an old cassette tape (remember those) or an badly tuned AM station. I have tried controlling the volume via my phone or via the car, the result is the same.

However, when I plug the phone into another speaker or use a headphone, it's ok. I have tried another lead to make sure it wasn't that that was causing the problem. I have connected a Samsung Galaxy S7 and S2 and my previous Z30 to my car with the same lead without any issues.

On a similar vein, I was at a concert recently and recorded a little of it. I was about 100yds away from the front, so it was loud, but not overly loud. When I reviewed the video footage later, the audio was so saturated and distorted, it was pretty much useless. My partner did the same on her SG7 and it was ok. It's like the recording levels were not being automatically adjusted for the noise levels it was detecting. Everyday recording is ok.

I want to test on another car to make sure, but I'm wondering of there is something wrong with the audio circuitry on my phone? Anyone else had issues with it?

It's has the May security patch, Android 6.0.1
    06-02-17 10:52 AM
    this may seem stupid, but did you try cleaning the headphone jack out with some canned air and or a toothpick?
    06-02-17 11:09 AM
    I would try turning off your antennas one-by-one (bluetooth, wi-fi, NFC(?), GPS, Mobile) and see if it stops.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 12:16 PM
    I've given it a good blow out with compressed air and gone into aeroplane mode, so no radio on at all, and it made no difference.

The hiss is on both channels btw. The phone correctly sees that I have plugged in something into the headphone socket.
    06-02-17 01:11 PM
    Just to close this one off, it seems as though it could be my car at fault. I've tried the phone in another car and it worked ok. Go figure!
    07-31-17 09:39 AM