Anyone that has had or still have the BlackBerry Passport can tell how the DTEK60's speakers stand up against it?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:25 AM
    The DTEK60 speakers are as good or better.

The advantage on the DTEK60 is great stereo separation with speakers at both ends of the device.

DTEK60 / Z30
    01-09-17 08:31 AM
    I have both and it sounds to me that the dtek60 isn't as loud by a long shot. Quality wise, I really can't tell a difference.
    01-09-17 12:39 PM
    No contest DTEK60 are the best speakers on any BlackBerry and actually any Smartphone currently available. Better than the next closest which is the Axon.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-09-17 05:57 PM
    I would vote for DTEK60 here. Very good for smartphone speakers.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-09-17 06:28 PM
    Wow, thanks fellas, I'm impressed to hear DTEK60 is better than my Passport.

I love, love the sound quality and volume of my AT&T Passport.

It's hard to think the DTEK60 is better. But now I know.

 BlackBerry AT&T Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    01-09-17 07:28 PM
    Thank you guys I'm still rocking my passport not ready to move on yet, but with all the whastapp gate I was looking other devices is good to know that the DTEK60 is up to the challenge. Speakers is one of the things I value the most in a smartphone and the Passport is something else...Back to the DTEK60 I read somewhere that the speakers on this device are unsigned JBL. Next thing I need to find out is DTEK60 battery life compared to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:45 PM
    I agree that the Dtek60 sounds awesome for its stereo seperation but sometimes with some audio it sounds tiny and harsh when you put the volume up to high. Never really have that problem with my original Passport. The Passport seems to have more bottom end and maybe louder. The Dtek60 projects a wider imaging of sound. I hope that helps.
    I think you will be happy with the Dtek60, cause I am. Just miss keyboard from Passport, but definitely not from my PRIV.
    01-09-17 10:58 PM
    I agree that the Dtek60 sounds awesome for its stereo seperation but sometimes with some audio it sounds tiny and harsh when you put the volume up to high. Never really have that problem with my original Passport. The Passport seems to have more bottom end and maybe louder. The Dtek60 projects a wider imaging of sound. I hope that helps.
    I think you will be happy with the Dtek60, cause I am. Just miss keyboard from Passport, but definitely not from my PRIV.
    Use the equalizer in the Waves MaxxAudio app.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-09-17 11:06 PM
    ... and remember not to overdo it by using the equalizer in your music player app at the same time
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-10-17 02:42 AM
    Thanks conite, l don't really have a problem with the speakers on the Dtek60 I just would turn it down a bit. I'm a purist so I prefer not using equalizers and I don't use the speakers on the phone that much anyways.
    I am completely amazed with the Dtek60 playing Hi Res music through my Chord Mojo to Shure se535 iems.
    I was just stating what I thought and again thanks for the suggestion.
    I like everything about the Dtek60 and always discovering more. The speakers and the slippery back are minor issues not a problem with me when you compare it to everyone elses offerings.
    No Regrets , would recommend Dtek60.
    01-11-17 09:03 PM
    I'm a purist so I prefer not using equalizers.
    Well, sometimes the use of an equaliser can compensate for the inadequacies of a speaker, which could, as a result, provide something closer to what was originally intended.
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-11-17 09:41 PM
    I don't find it as loud as either my previous Z30 or Leap for notifications. I don't really listen to music on the phone speakers.
    01-11-17 11:18 PM