OK, so I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now... I've got most of it customized the way I want... one of my very few complaints with this phone/android is customizing sounds/notifications. I initially thought BB10 was pretty awful with this, but Android is not much better... the difference is I knew OS10 inside and out... this I am still learning so I could use some help!

What i'm trying to do:
    So my sounds/notifications/vibrate/peeking/etc are all set up the way I like when:
    1) I'm sleeping (only alarms)
    2) When I'm at work (everything super quiet, no vibrate)
    3) When i'm out (everything super loud, phone calls with vibrate)

the one I'm trying to figure out is with media on:
    It's super annoying... I can be listening to music via bluetooth in the car, or watching sports on the phone... and it keeps cutting out the audio (and even pausing the video sometimes momentarily) to play a sound.

Any ideas for the best approach for a "Media"-type setting? Do not disturb with any notifications when I'm in this mode!?
    11-29-16 07:58 AM
    Hi,

congrats on your dtek60, i had mine for 1 week now.

first thing first, android system is actually more flexible than what you think. I had used Samsung android in the past, and notifications/sounds are no much issues. I have not really tried to implement what you had did. mine dtek60 is second phone for personal use, so basically its just normal and vibrating modes to switch. You can try to hold down the volume button to change the settings. Else you may check the playstore, im sure there are apps useful for this.
    11-29-16 09:00 PM
    Hi,

congrats on your dtek60, i had mine for 1 week now.

first thing first, android system is actually more flexible than what you think. I had used Samsung android in the past, and notifications/sounds are no much issues. I have not really tried to implement what you had did. mine dtek60 is second phone for personal use, so basically its just normal and vibrating modes to switch. You can try to hold down the volume button to change the settings. Else you may check the playstore, im sure there are apps useful for this.
    Thanks, I agree, it's very flexible, but difficult to get it to do what I want. I've been working on customizing it for weeks now (bit at a time).

I've tried turning the sounds off (volume down to zero) while i'm playing music, and somehow it still gets interrupted with notifications lol. No idea. Next test is DND mode... we'll see if that works while playing music.
    11-30-16 08:06 AM