Thanks, this raises more questions for me.

Does this protect the the device all the way up to app level or is there a point where a DTEK is as secure or as vulnerable as a comparable device running the same OS?

Ok, now if I were using the Alcatel Idol 4 and a DTEK50 side by side and both devices are browsing or being used in an identical manner, how would I know that the DTEK50 is different to the Idol 4? Does the DTEK50 actively monitor for threats it may encounter and protect the device accordingly?

Sorry if the question are dumb, I appreciate the helpful answers!
    A key difference between an Alcatel Idol 4 and a DTEK50 is that the DTEK50 includes BlackBerry's DTEK security app and receives monthly (sometimes late) Android security patches. The DTEK app provides security related information about apps, but does not not actively monitor for malware. However, since neither the user or potential malware has root level access on a DTEK50 it will be better protected than an Idol 4.
    stlabrat and ryanza like this.
    12-23-16 06:05 PM
    Still getting mine in a few days, Merry Christmas!!!

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-23-16 06:07 PM
    A key difference between an Alcatel Idol 4 and a DTEK50 is that the DTEK50 includes BlackBerry's DTEK security app and receives monthly (sometimes late) Android security patches. The DTEK app provides security related information about apps, but does not not actively monitor for malware. However, since neither the user or potential malware has root level access on a DTEK50 it will be better protected than an Idol 4.
    Thanks BB-JAM215
    12-23-16 10:29 PM
78 ... 234