Hello, this is my first post here.

I have a DTEK60, love it, etc. I have been having intermittent charging issues that have been getting worse. I've been having to wiggle and move around my usb cable to find the perfect spot where it will finally charge. After waiting three weeks for my repair place i use to get the parts in, i decided to peel off the back and have a look myself, originally intending to heat up the solder on the charging board with a heat gun.

Well, to my surprise it has nothing to do with the charging port itself afterall. There is a cable connector right below the battery and above the charging board that somehow came loose and when i opened it, was actually not connected, so i pushed it down and it clicked into position. I now have ZERO issues, i can just plug the wire in, move the phone around while its charging and its charging perfectly! I'm very happy about that

I however have created two new problems, i ended up melting the plastic trim ring that is sandwiched between the back panel and the front screen panel to the point i had to cut the bottom section off to close the phone back up so now i can see inside the phone from the rear, which isn't good, debris will easily get in there.
    I've also scored the flex ribbon for my fingerprint sensor with an old credit card i used to seperate it, which caused a broken fingerprint sensor. I've found the cable online but i am strugging to find the trim piece anywhere online. Does anybody have an idea where i could get this?

Regards
    10-28-19 09:42 AM
    10-28-19 10:03 AM
    I've checked them and several others, upon visual inspection of the photos they have listed, this trim piece does not seem to be included with either the digitizer frame assembly or the back panel.

On my phone, it's a separate piece glued between each panel on my phone. it's a thin gloss black plastic rubbery piece that is wrapped around the outer edge. It melted as soon as heat gun was near it, so i'm leaning towards it being plastic.

What are my chances of contacting Blackberry directly for this particular part? Any body ever try that?
    10-28-19 10:25 AM
    I've checked them and several others, upon visual inspection of the photos they have listed, this trim piece does not seem to be included with either the digitizer frame assembly or the back panel.

On my phone, it's a separate piece glued between each panel on my phone. it's a thin gloss black plastic rubbery piece that is wrapped around the outer edge. It melted as soon as heat gun was near it, so i'm leaning towards it being plastic.

What are my chances of contacting Blackberry directly for this particular part? Any body ever try that?
    Its worth a shot, its a long one though. The Dtek devices were actually manufactured by TCL BEFORE they created the BlackBerry Mobile brand and released the Key devices. Right now that brand may be up in the air between TCL and BlackBerry LTD.

Get started here...

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...evices/dtek-60
    10-28-19 11:06 AM