I have a dtek60 that is 18 months old. battery suddenly lost its capacity. So I changed it using one I bought on Amazon but now I am facing very slow charging. Taking 6-8 hours to charge. I cannot clear system cash through bootloader on this device. What can I do?

I have already did system reset...
    12-26-17 08:53 AM
    Load Accubattery and see what's going on. If the unit is throttling charge rate it's likely because the phone thinks its hot, and if its not then the battery you bought is likely a counterfeit with an improper or defective thermistor in it (which is how the unit knows how warm it is.)
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    12-26-17 09:17 AM
    I already tried 3 different battery's all the same problem. I suppose that one of them would not be defective? Battery Temp is normal 25 degrees celcius
    12-28-17 08:21 AM
    Again, load Accubattery and see what's going on (charge rate, believed temperature of the cell, etc.)
    12-28-17 08:28 AM
    I actually did load accubattery. It starts at 800-1100 mA and then drops to 300-200 mA to further drop to 50-100 mA...
    12-28-17 08:32 AM
    I can't find an original battery on Amazon.de of Amazon.fr. But I can find one from Alcatel idol s4. Maybe I try this? The production date is in 2015 will that matter?
    Noordenneonline likes this.
    12-28-17 08:34 AM
    it won't matter as my battery was also for Alcatel idol 4s and its mfg date was 2015.
    12-28-17 09:41 AM
    A 2015 produced battery, if not kept in a reasonable state of charge, may well be entirely dead.

You MAY be able to rescue it but you need an outboard charger to do it. The correct protocol is to charge at ~300ma until the voltage reaches 3.0V on the cell, then charge to 4.2V at up to 0.7C (~2400ma) -- this will take about an hour from empty -- and then once you reach 4.2V hold voltage there and allow current to drop to under 200ma or so (this should take about two more hours, at which point the battery is full.) You can do this manually with a bench power supply that has the ability to run in either constant-current or constant-voltage mode but you'll have to watch it carefully as allowing the cell voltage to go materially over 4.2V under a high current charge can be quite dangerous.

How much capacity has been irrevocably lost is difficult to determine; you'd need some means of cycling the battery a few times with data recording to get a decent handle on that (or Accubattery will do it for you, but you have to put it in the phone first to do that of course.)

What sort of charger are you using? Is it a certified QC3.0 charger (it should be for best performance) and what sort of temperatures are you seeing on the battery during charging (Accubattery will show you this in real time)

A 2015 production cell is going to be compromised to SOME degree due to time, but if properly stored might only be down 5% or so from factory capacity, which isn't awful. Try to find an Alcatel replacement that has a 2017 production date if you can. Note that many sellers of "replacement" batteries in fact sell *pulls* from damaged phones -- they label them "genuine" and they are, but they're also used and often severely down on capacity or even outright defective. The various "online marketplace" sites (e.g. eBAY, Spamazon, etc) do ZERO vetting of their vendors and their products.

I tend to check allegedly "new" cells with my bench supply before I go to the trouble to install them due to this issue unless I get them directly from a manufacturer-traceable source. There are just too many people who strip used cells and then resell them -- and 90% of them are junk.
    12-28-17 09:41 AM
    To avoid buying a bad battery, where is the best place to buy from, or what to look for when buying them?
    12-28-17 01:38 PM
    Ask the seller if they're (1) genuine, (2) actually NEW (or pulls) and (3) what the manufacture date is (which is on the sticker.)

If the battery isn't reasonably new in manufacture -- say, in the last six months -- then more questions are obviously in order (like "where did you get them?")
    12-28-17 01:50 PM
    I actually send back the phone to the vendor who will send it to BlackBerry for repair. Placing back the original battery I did a test and it charged quickly again (even though capacity is down to 40% of original capacity) so my advice is not to buy replacement battery unless they are original ones.
    12-29-17 07:03 AM
    Yeah there's a lot of crap out there.... unfortunately.
    12-29-17 07:28 AM
    My aftermarket battery is working well. Poster that says batteries for DTEK60 and Idol4S are the same is correct. I purchased my battery from Amazon US. Check my previous posts about replacement of the battery and cover. I would consider the replacement skill level to be beginner-intermediate level.

There seem to be quite a few horror stories posted in this forum about sending in their DTEK for repair. I was VERY reluctant to follow that path.

USB Type C cords are also hit or miss. I have two aftermarket that failed. The slow charging also affected me. I set up my convenience key to lock my phone. I did this so I could see when I plug the phone for charging if it shows "charging" or "charging rapidly". Most of the time I had to unplug and replug to get it to "charging rapidly". Check to make sure your device says "charging rapidly" and obviously make sure your charger is Quik Charge 3.0
    01-12-18 11:12 AM
    Check the cable as people mentioned and certainly the charger. My DTEk60 charges very quickly so check if it's the accessories rather than the phone.
    01-13-18 04:12 PM