I have had this happen many times at work a few hours into the day, where the phone will randomly shut down. it will say 0% battery remaining shutting down. if I try and boot it back up it still shows 0% and wont boot. if I plug In the charger for a moment enough that the light turns on then boot it back up it charges normally.

I don't use my phone for fun. I don't have any games on it. really just some survalance cam apps, a few tech/booze ABV ect calculators, some audio synthisizers bbm whatsapp and esfile explorer. and that's it. everything else is native. native front end. not cracked. nothing.

This Dk60 has always has really crappy battery life, if I baby it don't run any apps with the screen at 20% or in battery save mode it only lasts 6-8h. granted it charged in only 30min so I never stressed. but if I watch a few youtube video's when I wake up. listen to my BT headphones for 2 h. it lasts 4-5h MAX. that in my mind is crap.

Is it the software\OS? malware? bad battery connector? EMP blasts at my desk at work(little green men)??

I was thinking it might be a bad battery connector like in my Z30 BB, but that would mean it has some kind of backup battery to ensure it shuts down properly because it always dose.
    06-15-18 08:15 PM
    Try a new battery. My Dtek60 did that too, but was still on warranty so BBM sent me a refurbished one. So far so good.
    My Dtek50 started doing that recently. Not on warranty, so I bought a battery on Ebay and put it in myself last week. So far so good. LOL

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-16-18 06:23 AM
    Sounds like it’s battery replacement or phone replacement time. See if you have any warranty left. I didn’t have any warranty left and I also had cracked screen. I replaced with a KEYone. For just a battery, I would have replaced battery though.
    06-16-18 06:26 AM
    Sounds like it’s battery replacement or phone replacement time. See if you have any warranty left. I didn’t have any warranty left and I also had cracked screen. I replaced with a KEYone. For just a battery, I would have replaced battery though.
    Changing the battery in the Dtek50 turned out to be not too difficult. I didn't break the phone. 😂
    I wonder if it would be more risky on a 60 because of the glass back. Have to check out the video.
    06-16-18 06:34 AM
    Changing the battery in the Dtek50 turned out to be not too difficult. I didn't break the phone. 😂
    I wonder if it would be more risky on a 60 because of the glass back. Have to check out the video.
    Just watched the Dtek60 video. Doesn't look as easy as the Dtek50 because of the glass back and more components, but can be done.
    06-17-18 01:12 PM
    update, Problem fixed, i now get 1-2 days of battery, but broke it too. BROKE IT GOOD!...

I went ahead and ordered a new battery for the Alcatel One Touch Idol 4S, its the same phone as im sure we all know. but!!! BIG BUT! it was almost twice the weight. i installed the new battery without much issue. Or so i thought. i pulled up the mini RF cable, to gain a bit more room to the battery.

The connector pulled right off the board. didnt even notice untill i had to put it all back. it made a nice snap like all the connectors do.

The mini female RF connector that connects the coax cable from the bottom to main board just fell apart, it was obviously faulty and not soldered down properly. I had to extract the parts from the coax cable.

I harvested a connector from a old samsung i had floating around. either a s3 or a note2, dont remember which one had one.

I botched that install and got really spotty coverage. the connector was so small and kept flying off the mainboard, Luis Rossman I am not.

So i ordered a microscope off aliexpress and picked up another connector from a random cell repair place, this was from a s4. the microsope made the repair possable and the phone is repaired.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    07-19-18 04:33 AM