Looks like the new dtek60 will be released on Oct 11. Should I just return my drek50 and order the new one? I still have an option of returning mine??
    My only concern is the 5.5in size. I don't like big phones .

Any thoughts?

Posted from my Dtek50
    09-28-16 12:13 AM
    Looks like the new dtek60 will be released on Oct 11. Should I just return my drek50 and order the new one? I still have an option of returning mine??

Any thoughts?

Posted from my Dtek50
    Don't think it will too huge from the DTEK50
    Only a difference of 0.3 inch screen size
    If you can afford the DTEK60, you might as well return the 50. The 60 is going to be better in every regard

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 12:19 AM
    Portability of dtek50 will be better since smaller .you also save some $$$ .

From Q10 to Dtek50...a new world ...
    abhinav218 likes this.
    09-28-16 12:56 AM
    Keep the dtek 50 for a future back up and get the 60 in the spring after price adjustments

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 01:05 AM
    I will stick with my DTEK50. True, the DTEK60 is more premium but I see the difference as choosing between the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.

I think the 5.2 inch screen is perfect, and I truly love the rubberized textured back.

I would only buy the DTEK60 when it it will be priced 450 (which it will probably not) and maybe for the bigger battery. But I wonder whether the battery will hold out that much longer when having a QHD screen

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 01:09 AM
    I will stick with my DTEK50. True, the DTEK60 is more premium but I see the difference as choosing between the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.

I think the 5.2 inch screen is perfect, and I truly love the rubberized textured back.

I would only buy the DTEK60 when it it will be priced 450 (which it will probably not) and maybe for the bigger battery. But I wonder whether the battery will hold out that much longer when having a QHD screen

The performance will be a lot better
    Plus the back camera is better
    And for those who want it, there is a fingerprint scanner as well
    The battery will be almost 2 times better (as per BlackBerry's leaked website) because it will be an Amoled screen and also in the large way due to the processor.
    should I return the Dtek 50 for dtek60?-img_20160920_161514.png

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 01:16 AM
    Hmm true that. Let's just hope BlackBerry gets the pricing right then

09-28-16 01:19 AM
    hmm true that. Let's just hope blackberry gets the pricing right then

posted via the crackberry app for android
    $499

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 02:53 AM
    I would

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 04:28 AM
    If you get full refund when returning, then don't return. Keep is and buy the later one, and you'll be able to enjoy both. Because if you return then either:
    - Blackberry would have to resell it at a lower price and make an addition to its loss, or
    - BlackBerry would repack it to sell as new at full price and become an a$$ and someone would end up suffering.

Posted from my  Passport
    09-28-16 07:53 AM
    If it meets your needs then just keep it

Posted via my LG G3 with BlackBerry keyboard
    asiayeah and eyedroid like this.
    09-28-16 08:35 AM
    I'll probably keep it and see whether I actually like the size of Dtek60. I don't like any phones that are more than 5.2" - iphone 7+ for example - when i was playing with it, felt too big on my hands and pocket. So I might never buy the Dtek60. But the specs and fingerprint sensor wants me to buy the phone!!
    09-28-16 09:35 AM
    I'd hold on to the DTEK50 and wait to get your hands on the DTEK60. Try it out first, see what you think.
    09-28-16 10:51 AM
    agreed
    09-29-16 09:52 PM

Any thoughts?

Posted from my Dtek50
    In my mind thats a stupid question, we cannot tell how you really think, you obvioslly bought your present phone for a reason, keep it and use it, when its no good for you any more replace it with one that you want, remember that whatever you buy there is probably going to be a better phone tomorrow, or at least one that you think you want

 Pr1ngle
    09-30-16 05:39 PM
    I was under the impression that DTEK60 wasn't being released till November, 2016, no?
    Either way, I'd return the current device, wait, and then test BOTH devices. Then you can make an educated decision based on YOUR use...
    09-30-16 09:23 PM
    Decided to keep my dtek50. Mainly because of the 5.5 in size. I don't think I can ever use a big phone as a daily driver. Plus I really have no complaints on dtek 50 . It's been worming great for me. I wish the battery is a bit better. But mostly it gets me through the day till 7pm.

The BlackBerry version of Android is the best android in the market even though it's still not as good as the bb10.

Posted from my Dtek50
    10-03-16 10:13 AM
    Going to hold on to my dtek50. Screen size is just right for me. Touch ID is not really my thing. Camera is fine. I do wish the notification LED was three colors instead of one (btw is it going to be three colors in 60?) but I can live with it.
    10-03-16 12:29 PM
    I ordered my DTEK 60 on the day of announcement. I already own a DTEK 50. I have been comparing both phones, but really there is not much difference. The reason's I am returning back the DTEK 60 are as follows :
    I was Impulsive enough to purchase it early to get a real feel of it and compare to the DTEK 50 but after the comparison,
    a. The screen is better on the DTEK 50 than DTEK 60 ( even though it as QHD ), both are IPS ( liquid crystal ) display.
    b. Snapdragon 617 is buttery smooth as supposed to DTEK60's Snapdragon 820. I found lags on the DTEK 60.
    c. The speakers are top notch on the DTEK 50 than DTEK 60. The length of the speakers on the DTEK 60 is less and hence the less sound.
    d. I Can hear the touch sounds, which I cannot hear on DTEK 60.
    e. Notifications sounds on the DTEK 60 very low and red notification light is way smaller.
    There could be more reasons, but this is my opinion.

The bottom line is If you want to purchase 2 blackberry phones and use either one of the them as a backup. The best combination plausible here "DTEK 50 and blackberry Mercury". This combination is top notch and Worthy. Can't wait for "MERCURY" .... Please release it soon. )
    10-30-16 05:12 PM
    I find the DTEK60 better overall than the 50 but it's a little too big and I hate the case that came with it.
    But reality is the 60 is top of the line. Great phone!
    One note and it must be because of the Amoled screen but the "screen saver" is way better than the 50. Works great like the bedside mode of BB10 phones and Priv.
    10-30-16 07:45 PM
    I ordered my DTEK 60 on the day of announcement. I already own a DTEK 50. I have been comparing both phones, but really there is not much difference. The reason's I am returning back the DTEK 60 are as follows :
    I was Impulsive enough to purchase it early to get a real feel of it and compare to the DTEK 50 but after the comparison,
    a. The screen is better on the DTEK 50 than DTEK 60 ( even though it as QHD ), both are IPS ( liquid crystal ) display.
    b. Snapdragon 617 is buttery smooth as supposed to DTEK60's Snapdragon 820. I found lags on the DTEK 60.
    c. The speakers are top notch on the DTEK 50 than DTEK 60. The length of the speakers on the DTEK 60 is less and hence the less sound.
    d. I Can hear the touch sounds, which I cannot hear on DTEK 60.
    e. Notifications sounds on the DTEK 60 very low and red notification light is way smaller.
    There could be more reasons, but this is my opinion.

The bottom line is If you want to purchase 2 blackberry phones and use either one of the them as a backup. The best combination plausible here "DTEK 50 and blackberry Mercury". This combination is top notch and Worthy. Can't wait for "MERCURY" .... Please release it soon. )
    I own a dtek50 as well - still thinking about getting the dtek60.
    Interesting to read your comments - dtek60 is not as smooth as the 50? And the speakers aren't that good? I thought both of these would be way better on the dtek60.

Does it look nicer than dtek50 ? How do u feel about the size? That's my main concern I don't like big phones.
    10-30-16 07:54 PM
    @Vhl71, first of all I appreciate your reply my comment. Even I thought it will be ( Processor and Speakers ) will be miles ahead compared to the dtek 50 but I din't really feel it in terms of both ( My honest opinion ). My excitement has been short lived and other people in the thread have also said the same things about the speakers.. I can't for sure ( appearance ) say it looks nicer than dtek 50, as it has slippery back panel and the camera protruding outwards. Its thinner than dtek 50 for sure. Coming to your question, the size is massive, my hands are medium but sometimes I use both my hands ( its comfortable that way ). Please see the photo attached.
    Last edited by abhinav218; 10-31-16 at 02:45 PM. Reason: I attached a photo, I am wondering if it really did get attached.
    10-31-16 02:39 PM
    For some reason the photo ain't getting attached.
    10-31-16 02:42 PM
    For some reason the photo ain't getting attached.
    So did you end up returning the dtek60? Size is a big problem for me. If this is too big I won't go for it. I can't stand large phablets. So I may have to stick with my dtek50 for a while!!
    10-31-16 02:51 PM
    I just received their email, yes I am returning it today. My suggestion is stick with your DTEK 50 and wait for Mercury if you like PKB.
    10-31-16 03:04 PM
26 12