Go for the Priv . It has quite decent specs . Great PKB and a reasonably good rear cam . The device is truly a value for money.
    11-16-16 07:39 AM
    Live in the now.
    You've got my attention @Bla1ze. Live in the now meaning jump on board with the DTEK60?
    11-16-16 07:45 AM
    If only the mercury was packing a 820=(
    bbafdad likes this.
    11-16-16 09:47 AM
    Well, why not go for the DTEK60 now, since I believe this is a great phone, with similar specs even to the S7 Edge (if you don't need the curved screen) and in some specs (e,g front-facing cam) it is better than the S7, but more than 200 bucks cheaper! So, stay with what you know now, this is my verdict!
    bbafdad and tonythecanuck like this.
    11-16-16 10:03 AM
    I'm in a similar, but not similar position. I have a Passport right now, but am ready for something new. I still love the Passport form factor, and would LOVE a version 2.0, but I think I'm ready to take the Android plunge. The Android runtime was passable at first, but now, more and more apps are giving me problems. I've been debating about those two phones, and ultimately have decided that I'm going to wait for the next PKB, because that is very important for me to have.

I've always had the same sentiment as you (OP), about wanting the best specs, and not being sure if I should hold out for something else, but lately, I've come to realize that "great specs" are such a personal thing. I used to always make fun of my father because whenever he would get a new PC, he would always ask if the specs were good enough, and I would tell him, "dad, you don't need a quad-core processor, 8 gigs of ram, 1 TB hard drive, etc..., for checking your emails and web browsing!" Now I have to tell myself the same thing... I don't game on my phone, I barely stream videos, and I don't have 10 things running at a time. I make phone calls, check my emails/texts/BBMs, browse the web, check my calendar, take pictures and video, and run the odd android app. As long as all of those things work well for me, I'm good!

It's always great having the latest and greatest specs, but as long as the Mercury is a decently spec'd phone - which I can't imagine it wouldn't be - for me, it'll be the one I go with.
    bbafdad likes this.
    11-16-16 11:31 AM
    You've got my attention @Bla1ze. Live in the now meaning jump on board with the DTEK60?
    Yep. If you're constantly waiting for the next best thing... well.. you're constantly waiting.
    bbafdad, ZayDub and falbo like this.
    11-16-16 11:32 AM
    If keyboard is not important for you, just get DTEK60.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-16-16 11:37 AM
    Yep. If you're constantly waiting for the next best thing... well.. you're constantly waiting.
    Something call "Opportunity cost" as well when you wait.
    bbafdad likes this.
    11-16-16 04:13 PM
    If you want high end specs and love PKB then the Priv is your surest bet. The Mercury, based on leaks, has mid-range specs. If you want the latest and the greatest, the DTEK60 has no substitute.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad and tonythecanuck like this.
    11-16-16 04:37 PM
    If you like physical keyboards, I say it doesn't hurt to wait a little while longer. At least once the Mercury is out, you can decide which one to go with.

Me personally, I've been waiting since 2012 for a great PKB device. I would have gone with the Classic but they released it late in the BB-10 cycle, so no app support. So hopefully the Mercury will be next in the BB-PKB True Bloodline Lineage, lol
    bbafdad likes this.
    11-16-16 06:57 PM
    Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. What is going to succeed my Passport? Merc, Priv or 60 I just can't decide. I was leaning toward the Priv but IDK over a year old already I'm normally a "day one" kind of guy.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    bbafdad likes this.
    11-16-16 07:22 PM
    If only the mercury was packing a 820=(
    You're telling me @bbmme! The 3GB of memory and 620processor are what's really holding me back from pulling the trigger (or in this case waiting to pull the trigger lol)
    11-16-16 09:59 PM
    OP

if you have ever used VKB device and liked it - go for DTEK60
    Otherwise wait for Mercury
    bbafdad and kitmo like this.
    11-17-16 05:13 AM
    Ask yourself whether screen size or a physical keyboard is most important to you.
    bbafdad and kitmo like this.
    11-17-16 06:04 AM
    Wait for the Mercury is my two cents. I have the Classic and I have the DTEK50. The DTEK50 was a novelty to me for about a month due to increased speed and apps available. But bottom line for me, I found it very vanilla and boring compared to the Classic. I am back using my Classic and feel much happier. I want a phone that is a bit different and the Classic fills that bill. The DTEK was way too light and my battery pooped out too fast and I never got used to the virtual keyboard. The Mercury will be the best yet. But If it never comes along, I will be happy with my Classic.
    Avenzuno and bbafdad like this.
    11-21-16 11:34 PM
    Use the two-device solution. Keep the iPhone 6 Plus or whatever you have, and use it for media creation and consumption, apps, etc. While you wait for a Mercury, buy a Classic for a fabulous PKB with toolbelt, to use for text and email messaging, business, etc. When the Mercury comes, your Classic will be relegated to a backup device. The upcoming Black Friday sale offers even more choices; I suggest a Priv, if only to get used to a BlackBerry PKB. Good luck to the OP!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic on at&t
    kitmo and bbafdad like this.
    11-22-16 12:25 AM
    Thank you for all your pieces of advice and insights - it's provided various different perspectives from which to consider alternatives; however, I find myself still at a crossroads. On one side I prefer the DTEK60 over the Mercury on shear (confirmed) specs alone. Then there's the other side where I'd prefer the Mercury over the DTEK60 for two reasons only: #1 BlackBerry Designed/Manufactured #2 PKB.

With that said, I don't know if those 2 things are enough to get me to lean more towards the Mercury. I will say this would be a no-Brainer IF the Mercury had CONFIRMED specs that were equal or greater than DTEK60. I digress...
    12-12-16 01:49 PM
    If you need to call on strangers to make this kind of a decision what do you do for the real tough ones?

Posted via CB10
    sling likes this.
    12-12-16 04:34 PM
    Dude, get the DTEK60, Amazing!!!
    12-12-16 08:28 PM
    Get the Dtek60 you won't be disappointed fast, secure, and it looks great.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 01:45 PM
    If you need to call on strangers to make this kind of a decision what do you do for the real tough ones?

Posted via CB10
    He calls his mommy?
    12-15-16 10:47 AM
    Mercury if you are physically incapable of functioning without a hardware keyboard, DTEK60 for all other cases.
    Not condescending at all. I use an all-touch Android for work and can use that. I "can" use it. But I PREFER a physical keyboard. But I guess if someone has a preference different than mine I should assume they are somehow physically incapable of doing it another way. Not narcissistic at all...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-15-16 11:24 AM
    For few, they aren't physically incapable of functioning with a keyboard, but prefer the PKB for various reasons.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    No no no, anyone with a different opinion than him are handicapped and physically incapable. Get with it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    AmritD likes this.
    12-15-16 11:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Mark, I look at it the same as I do when someone is ill and needs to see a doctor...The doctor is more than likely a stranger, but they have experience and expertise that the ill person needs in order to be healthy again. Or what about taking your car to the mechanic when it has a problem...? These are just two examples of when someone needs help/advise and goes somewhere to get it. This is the same thing...I wanted to make an informed decision which I view as an important one so I sought some advise from an informed community.
    gallopiton likes this.
    12-27-16 01:00 AM
    I know this thread is a bit older now, but if you still haven't decided, I'd wait to see what's coming in a short while at CES 2017. I've never owned the Priv but everyone says it's got serious problems with overheating. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably own one.

There's some cool stuff coming soon for BlackBerry hardware. Maybe wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    12-27-16 02:09 AM
68 123