Today I dropped my Passport on to a ceramic tile floor. It pancaked from about 4 feet up. The phone still works but the screen is badly cracked all over. I doubt it's worth repairing as it's already more then 2 years old. Wondering if I should go for a DTEK60 or wait for the KeyOne to come out? Other then the pkb is there any major advantages to one or the other? I wish that BB10 would continue, but the writing is on the wall. Time to make the plunge to Android OS I guess. Which phone though?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 04:11 PM
    Well, do you have a phone to use until the KEYone is released? If you can wait, get the KEYone. If not, maybe grab a used phone to use while waiting.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    03-17-17 04:44 PM
    Definitely KEYone
    03-17-17 08:28 PM
    Get the DTEK60 now. You can always buy the KEYone later.
    03-18-17 04:53 AM
    Depends what you want... a PKB or VKB....

Personally I am a PKB person so would go with the KEYone... If you want a phone that's probably more multi media friendly with a VKB, go with the DTEK60...
    03-18-17 07:37 AM
    Spec wise which phone is better though the KEYone or DTEK60?
    03-20-17 02:22 PM
    Wait for the Key-One since you have used to Passport. You would probably miss the PKB.
    The Dtek60 is a great phone ( Using it) , but I still miss my Passport. (Wishing it had Android too)
    People mentioned Priv ,like it too,(have one) but I would still wait for the Key-One. Go for the latest BlackBerry.
    And sorry for your loss, it really hurt when I spilt my latte on my Passport. Have a cloud on right top of screen now.
    Last edited by Dragnet Sound; 03-21-17 at 01:15 AM.
    03-20-17 02:28 PM
    Since you're used to PKB, why not consider a Priv as well? It's a lot less money than the DTEK60 at the moment, and you can upgrade to the KeyOne later if you like when price drops a bit instead of paying for launch pricing. Or am I being too practical?
    03-20-17 02:37 PM
    I'd say skip out on the DTEK60 and consider the Priv or KEYone.
    I just moved onto the Priv from Passport and pretty happy with the change.

The KEYone might be the better phone, but the Priv can be had at pretty good prices now.
    03-20-17 03:01 PM
    KEYone. DTEK60 doesn't look as robust.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 03:13 PM
    Since you're used to PKB, why not consider a Priv as well? It's a lot less money than the DTEK60 at the moment, and you can upgrade to the KeyOne later if you like when price drops a bit instead of paying for launch pricing. Or am I being too practical?
    That's what I was gonna say. Most of us with privs have 0 issues but the loud minority have people scared of it
    03-20-17 04:29 PM
    I tried out the Priv a while back and wasn't thrilled with the PKB on it. The buttons were very small. I have huge hands. The Passport pkb is fantastic, but I also had a Z30 before and got used to the VKB pretty easily. The DTEK60 is priced pretty well on amazon right now. I think I'll give it a shot, as I don't think I can manage using a shattered screen Passport until the KeyOne is out.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 05:09 PM
    I'd skip the priv. I went through 3 of them and I am convinced there's something inherently wrong with the design of the phone. Pkb feels cheap and doesn't measure up to bb pkb standards of the past. Clicky screen, creaky back (may not be present initially but will develop eventually) and over heating thanks to that wonderful 808 chip. Battery often starts draining rapidly for no apparent reason. In theory, this could have been the perfect phone with the best of all worlds. However, in true bb fashion, they buggered up another one.
    03-20-17 08:20 PM
    Spec wise which phone is better though the KEYone or DTEK60?
    Specs are better on the dtek 60 overall, build (from what I've been told) way better on the KEYone. As a dtek60 owner...it is a fragile phone
    Last edited by Carjackd; 03-20-17 at 11:07 PM.
    03-20-17 09:01 PM
    Specs are better on the dtek 60 overall, build (from what I've been told) way better on the KEYone. As a dtek60 owner...it is a fragile phone
    The DTEK60 looks premium compared to the priv
    03-21-17 03:54 PM
    The DTEK60 looks premium compared to the priv
    I agree but looks are deceiving. It is a pretty light device . Weight in electronics means solid components . It's a fairly fragile device and parts are not easy to obtain. Ask anyone who has cracked the glass back or glass screen.
    03-21-17 06:32 PM
    I agree but looks are deceiving. It is a pretty light device . Weight in electronics means solid components . It's a fairly fragile device and parts are not easy to obtain. Ask anyone who has cracked the glass back or glass screen.
    Your referring to the DTEK60 when you said looks are deceiving?
    03-22-17 12:32 AM
    Your referring to the DTEK60 when you said looks are deceiving?
    Correct. Don't get me wrong. It's a really nice device.

I have no regrets about buying the dtek60. It feels super comfortable in your hands . More than enough power.

But I wouldn't walk around with it naked . It needs a case in my opinion. 1 drop and you can probably say goodbye to the glass back or screen.
    adamchambers likes this.
    03-22-17 09:35 AM
    But overall would you say the DTEK60 is better then the KEYone?
    03-22-17 01:25 PM
    I disagree with Carjackd. I have been using the DTek in the Incipio case since the beginning, have dropped it a bunch of times, and have no issues. Case is scratched and dented pretty good too.

I can also attest to it withstanding mili tary exercises in my pocket with no issues, and actually being the go to device when everyones iphones stop working (same network).

I am amazed how well this phone works, and how much I actually was missing with an incomplete app selection on BB10. I do miss the OS, but the advantages FAR outweigh the losses.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    03-22-17 05:07 PM
    That's what I was gonna say. Most of us with privs have 0 issues but the loud minority have people scared of it
    +1
    03-22-17 05:29 PM
    I disagree with Carjackd. I have been using the DTek in the Incipio case since the beginning, have dropped it a bunch of times, and have no issues. Case is scratched and dented pretty good too.

I can also attest to it withstanding mili tary exercises in my pocket with no issues, and actually being the go to device when everyones iphones stop working (same network).

I am amazed how well this phone works, and how much I actually was missing with an incomplete app selection on BB10. I do miss the OS, but the advantages FAR outweigh the losses.
    So you mean you agree? The device needs a case. I'm just using tetded, as I found the incipio too bulky. But one way or another it needs a case since it's almost 95 percent glass
    03-22-17 10:34 PM
    But overall would you say the DTEK60 is better then the KEYone?
    What part are you talking about? The battery life will certainly be better with the key one. The build will be a more solid device. If you want to game or watch movies you better get a dtek 60 as the processor is faster.

And the big question...do you need a PKB? If you don't then maybe the sixty is for you.

BTW... im getting a KEYone, but it has nothing to do with what I just said it's all about having the latest and selling my last device for good money
    03-22-17 10:38 PM
    Just to add to that..from people I know who have had their hands on the Mercury, the camera is better on the KEYone over the sixty , and in my opinion the camera on the Priv is also better than the sixty. Image stabilization is way better on the Priv
    03-22-17 10:42 PM
    So I ordered the DTEK60 on amazon.ca for$620 CAD, which was $30 less than shopblackberry. Got free shipping and arrived at my work in 2 days. I agree that the phone feels pretty light. I'm glad I ordered a clear gel case with it. Overall, I'm quite happy with it overall. I'm still fumbling my way around with Android as it is my first experience with this OS. After a couple of days with it, I'm rapidly improving with it. I still find BB10 much more fluid and intuitive, but the overwhelming amount of apps with Android compared to BB10 is blowing me away! I'm really looking forward to becoming more proficient with this phone as time goes by, and seeing what it can do.
    03-23-17 10:21 PM
32 12