After dealing with known battery drain issue I opened a support case a week before end of warranty.
    They sent me a FedEx label to send the phone for repair and after a week of no news, no emails, no answers, no communication at all, the phone was delivered back, including a complimentary (?) charger and cable.
    Now it happens that the phone doesn't charge.
    Tried with 3 different chargers and 3 different cables, it doesn't charge.
    As while the phone was flying back and forth the case was closed and the warranty period expired, now I can't open a new case and my emails to help and support accounts are rejected.
    How can I reach someone who can take and be responsible for it before throughin it to the trash and say forever good bye to BlackBerry?
    Regards
    anon(8679041) and aNGERY like this.
    11-20-17 09:29 PM
    After dealing with known battery drain issue I opened a support case a week before end of warranty.
    They sent me a FedEx label to send the phone for repair and after a week of no news, no emails, no answers, no communication at all, the phone was delivered back, including a complimentary (?) charger and cable.
    As while the phone was flying back and forth the case was closed and the warranty period expired, now I can't open a new case and my emails to help and support accounts are rejected.
    How can I reach someone who can take and be responsible for it before throughin it to the trash and say forever good bye to BlackBerry?
    Regards
    Was it BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile support you were dealing with?
    Last edited by conite; 11-20-17 at 09:54 PM.
    11-20-17 09:33 PM
    To the OP: Are you in Canada?
    11-20-17 09:51 PM
    Hi Conite
    It was BlackBerry
    11-20-17 09:52 PM
    To the OP: Are you in Canada?
    USA
    11-20-17 09:52 PM
    Hi Conite
    It was BlackBerry
    That's interesting. Many people are going through BlackBerry Mobile now that they have taken over support for the DTEKs.

Maybe you will have better luck with them. Just explain that it was fixed within the warranty period, but came back broken.

/blackberry-android-os-f456/blackberry-mobile-support-directory-1113727/
    11-20-17 09:56 PM
    USA
    That's quite interesting; the Texas repair center fixed mine, and they did it both quickly and competently. There have been a handful of really nasty experiences with the Canadian center, which appears to be more interested in avoiding fixing things than actually doing so.
    11-21-17 08:15 AM
    Hi tickerguy
    Mine went to TX also but got a different experience.
    Actually can't tell about the battery since could never test a full charge...
    11-21-17 08:23 AM
    Regards
    I had a similar horrible experience with BlackBerry Mobile "support" .

I am in Canada, and after ten months my DTEK60 had similar battery problems. Since my DTEK60 was still under warranty, I contacted BlackBerry-Alcatel technical "support."

After numerous calls and emails, I was sent a FedEx label, and on October 5th I sent the device in to the Alcatel-BlackBerry Repair Centre whichever is SBE Canada of Mississauga, Ontario.

They finally returned the device on October 25th, and had done nothing to the phone. The accompanying "Repair Form" indicated that they had done a "software upgrade," which was a lie since the Android version was still 6.0.1, and the September patch was still waiting to be downloaded.

The phone battery still only lasted two hours and shut down at 25%, so I called the Black-Alcatel support line a gain and asked for a Fedex label.

They agreed, but I never received it. I called the next day, and they said someone had erased my address. They sent a second Fedex label, which never arrived. I called a third time, and I finally obtained another Fedex label.

I have now sent the device to SBE Canada a second time, even though the device is no longer under warranty.

I am still waiting.

An on line search reveals that SBE's business is "repair avoidance."

SBE a fail "F” rating from the Better Business Bureau of Canada.

Legal action is now pending.
    Last edited by tonycanuck; 11-21-17 at 11:06 AM.
    11-21-17 10:35 AM
  10. dennisetheridge902@gmail.com's Avatar
    Well finally Cut the Cord from Black Berry. Chitty Battery life in the 60 and the Horrific Customer service from Black Berry Support Canada and their repair shop in Mississauga. This isn't the company of Old.. not even close. id like to thank BlackBerry for introducing me to the world of Android and I'm looking forward to the New ONePlus 5T 8GB/128G smartphone I ordered on release day today Nov 21. My Buddy has been trying to get me to switch to Oneplus for awhile now.. He has owned them ll since the Company started in 2013 has nothing but praise. All I ever owned were Black Berry devices and now looking forward to the New Chapter of smart phone Ownership.. i'll update everybody in a week or so on the new device after I use and compare it to the 60 for a few Days.
    11-21-17 10:44 AM
    Well finally Cut the Cord from Black Berry. Chitty Battery life in the 60 and the Horrific Customer service from Black Berry Support Canada and their repair shop in Mississauga. This isn't the company of Old.. not even close. id like to thank BlackBerry for introducing me to the world of Android and I'm looking forward to the New ONePlus 5T 8GB/128G smartphone I ordered on release day today Nov 21. My Buddy has been trying to get me to switch to Oneplus for awhile now.. He has owned them ll since the Company started in 2013 has nothing but praise. All I ever owned were Black Berry devices and now looking forward to the New Chapter of smart phone Ownership.. i'll update everybody in a week or so on the new device after I use and compare it to the 60 for a few Days.
    I will be switching to another phone maker as well after my horrible experience with the "Disaster60."
    11-21-17 11:08 AM
    If you're going to compare, at least compare to current BBMo devices. Nobody cares about old devices from the old BB. They're different companies.

I own PRIV and DTEK and that doesn't tell me anything regarding KEYone and Motion.....
    11-21-17 11:13 AM
    The DTEK60, KeyOne, and Motion were all made by Alcatel in China.

the Priv, on the other hand, was designed and built by BlackBerry in Mexico.
    aNGERY likes this.
    11-21-17 11:39 AM
    Regards
    I agree. The battery on my DTEK60 has failed. BlackBerry Mobile Support is horrendous, and the Canadian Alcatel SBE Repair Centre is also useless. I have had to send the device back to the Repair Centre again.
    11-21-17 11:41 AM

My DTEK batteries have always lasted better and longer than my PRIV ever did. What's your point?
    11-21-17 12:12 PM
    If you're going to compare, at least compare to current BBMo devices. Nobody cares about old devices from the old BB. They're different companies.

I own PRIV and DTEK and that doesn't tell me anything regarding KEYone and Motion.....
    On the other hand I have a Priv in my drawer and a DTEK60 on my desk. The Priv has a cracked screen (I gave it to my kid, she dropped it, it's still functional and she bought another one since they were so cheap rather than have me fix that one so it "boomeranged" and is my backup) and both have been fine. Hers, now cased (gee, funny how that happens once you break one!) is still fine too, and going on a year post-purchase.

My DTEK required service, it was serviced in warranty and came back immediately. Good experience. The Priv has never required service. I bought both on release day. Best guess on the Priv is that its battery is ~80% of new strength -- then again, it ought to be down somewhat since it's getting up there a bit in age. That could turn into a problem as spares are now becoming hard to find; this last spring they weren't, but now they are.....
    11-21-17 02:15 PM
    On the other hand I have a Priv in my drawer and a DTEK60 on my desk. The Priv has a cracked screen (I gave it to my kid, she dropped it, it's still functional and she bought another one since they were so cheap rather than have me fix that one so it "boomeranged" and is my backup) and both have been fine. Hers, now cased (gee, funny how that happens once you break one!) is still fine too, and going on a year post-purchase.

My DTEK required service, it was serviced in warranty and came back immediately. Good experience. The Priv has never required service. I bought both on release day. Best guess on the Priv is that its battery is ~80% of new strength -- then again, it ought to be down somewhat since it's getting up there a bit in age. That could turn into a problem as spares are now becoming hard to find; this last spring they weren't, but now they are.....
    I'm still happy with PRIV and DTEK. I've got same issues with DTEK screens though. My point is that BBMo should fail or stand on it's own merits not the old BB, a completely different company.
    11-21-17 02:53 PM

The Priv was actually built by Wistron.

TCL is only responsible for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Motion. It was BlackBerry that sold you the DTEK60 even though they sloughed off support to TCL.

I find your support story rather dubious. If you had it repaired under the warranty period, and it came back faulty from repair, then they would take it back and continue to repair it under warranty. I'd like to see the letter where they're denying you warranty service. There must be more to this story.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-21-17 02:56 PM

TCL is only responsible for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Motion. It was BlackBerry that sold you the DTEK60 even though they sloughed off support to TCL.

I find your support story rather dubious. If you had it repaired under the warranty period, and it came back faulty from repair, then they would take it back and continue to repair it under warranty. I'd like to see the letter where they're denying you warranty service.
    No, that's not true:

It was Crackberry/Blueshop in Canada that sold me the DTEK60.

The DTEK60 was manufactured by Alcatel in China. Alcatel is a division of TCL.

Alcatel has merely purchased the rights to slap the BlackBerry logo on its slightly modified devices. The DTEK60 is merely modified Alcatel Idol 4S.
    aNGERY likes this.
    11-21-17 03:05 PM
    No, that's not true:

It was Crackberry/Blueshop in Canada that sold me the DTEK60.

The DTEK60 was manufactured by Alcatel in China. Alcatel is a division of TCL.

Alcatel has merely purchased the rights to slap the BlackBerry logo on its slightly modified devices. The DTEK60 is merely modified Alcatel Idol 4S.
    The DTEKs were BlackBerry devices. They hired TCL to construct it for them using TCL's standard reference components that they also used in multiple TCL and Alcatel handsets. BlackBerry marketed, sold, distributed, and supported the DTEK devices which included all inventory risks.

They were in no way associated with the new licencing agreement.
    11-21-17 03:09 PM

I find your support story rather dubious. If you had it repaired under the warranty period, and it came back faulty from repair, then they would take it back and continue to repair it under warranty. I'd like to see the letter where they're denying you warranty service. There must be more to this story.
    My "story" is not "dubious," and I am not stupid.

There is nothing "more to this story."

The company subcontracted to service Alcatel products like the DTEK60 in Canada is SBE Canada of Mississauga, Ontario. They have a horrendous record, and the Better Business Bureau has given them an "F -" or fail. Anyone can perform an online search and verify for themselves.

I am waiting for the second return of my DTEK60 from SBE Canada.

There are many consumers who have experienced similar problems with their DTEK60 as well as with the poor service received from SBE Canada.

Moreover, it is not helpful to attack consumers who claim they are not getting proper support from an authorized repair centre.

Finally, it is biased to celebrate only positive comments from consumers, and then attack those consumers who have negative experiences.
    aNGERY likes this.
    11-21-17 03:13 PM

But you are claiming that you have been denied warranty service after they sent you back a broken device repaired under warranty. That's what I'm focused on. Do you have the letter that supports that allegation?

Btw, I haven't expressed an opinion on this yet, as I'm still trying to collect enough information to do so.

I only say "dubious" because you avoid providing the information needed to properly assess this situation.
    Last edited by conite; 11-21-17 at 03:52 PM.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-21-17 03:21 PM
    My "story" is not "dubious," and I am not stupid.

There is nothing "more to this story."

The company subcontracted to service Alcatel products like the DTEK60 in Canada is SBE Canada of Mississauga, Ontario. They have a horrendous record, and the Better Business Bureau has given them an "F -" or fail. Anyone can perform an online search and verify for themselves.

There are many consumers who have experienced similar problems with their DTEK60 as well as with the poor service received from SBE Canada.

Moreover, it is not helpful to attack consumers who claim they are not getting proper support from an authorized repair centre.

Finally, it is biased to celebrate only positive comments from consumers, and then attack those consumers who have negative experiences.
    Says the guy that spammed a dozen threads.....
    11-21-17 03:22 PM
    "Who you gonna call? Not the GBs..." (credit Will Smith), call BlackBerry Mobile in your country. My experience with them has been wonderful for my KEYone.

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/sup...tline-service/
    11-22-17 09:50 AM
    I think these mixed support experiences for the DTEK line are a forewarning to other model owners when their phones get discontinued. It's going to go like this:

Question: Will my BB Motion get Android 9.0?
    Response: Buy the brand new BB Hurricane, on sale now.

Question: Hey, my BB's battery has aged poorly compared to other phones I have had. Can I get a battery replacement?
    Answer: You need to reduce your battery life expectations. Here is another charger to help you with that.
    anon(10123624) and aNGERY like this.
    11-22-17 01:14 PM
55 123