Hi guys

Here is a screen shot of my storage:

Setting Up SD card-screenshot_20161226-101149.jpg

Because I am given the option to "Format as Internal", does that mean that the SD card is already set up as External Storage?

I ask this because when I take a photo, it's saved on BOTH and if I delete it from the Internal Storage, it also gets deleted from the SD card.

I'm afraid to tap on "Format as Internal" because I'm not sure of what the next step is and I don't want to lose my data from the SD card in case it gets re-formatted.

If I must start from the beginning, any steps on how to do this would greatly appreciated.

I am loving the phone, it's just trying to wrap my head around the Android OS that's giving me a headache.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-29-16 12:10 PM
    You likely don't want internal. Things can get messy - Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central. As for saving items, have you set your camera app to save photos to the SD card?
    12-29-16 02:35 PM
    You likely don't want internal. Things can get messy - Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central. As for saving items, have you set your camera app to save photos to the SD card?
    You're correct......I don't want it as Internal. I do have my camera set up to save to the SD card.

Setting Up SD card-screenshot.jpg

This is the same card I took out of my Z30.........it had my photos, music, etc on it. I also used it to put my data on when I did the Content Transfer.
    12-29-16 02:53 PM
    I find this all confusing. I set my sd card as external. But on file managers such as ES file manager it refers first to an internal sdcard, which is just the devices memory and it's not an ad card. If I search I find my external sd card, which is not labelled as an sd card but as just a folder.
    12-29-16 05:01 PM
    If you cannot afford to format, or lose the contents, then you need to be backing up. Whether local or cloud based, even a storage device hanging off your router.

There is a driver you want also, should be made more obvious, to properly format as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.exfat

I'd pick up a new SD card if only to test and play and for backup. The newest 95/MB card should do nice.
    12-29-16 06:33 PM
    My media card setting within camera settings is greyed out - I am not using my card for internal storage, is there something I need to reconfigure to enable the media card settings for the camera?
    01-01-17 10:36 AM
    So I re-formatted my SD card, made ABSOLUTELY sure that I set it as portable storage and made sure that my camera was saving my photos to the SD card.

I took a photo (then deleted it) and once again it was saved to the Internal storage and the SD card......it was then deleted from both as well.

I don't know what to do next.
    01-02-17 05:06 PM
    I end up with local copy and Google cloud drive, that is done immediately and may have an indication on the thumbnail icon. Not that?
    01-03-17 11:32 AM