Here is a good comparison of the two different glasses for smartphones. *Read the conclusion. Screen protectors are waste of money and I have always thought that. It seems Dragontail is on par or better than Gorilla Glass according to this comparison.
    I wonder if DTEK60 is using Dragontail or Dragontail X?
    Regardless of what glass it will break if you drop your phone at certain distance.

Gorilla Glass vs Dragontrail Glass Comparison - MIUI General - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
    10-26-16 07:00 AM
    You know screen protectors are for more than in case you drop your phone, right? lol. I agree the whole breaking of glass thing is kinda silly.. any drop in just the right way is gonna make the glass break but yeah, there's lots of other reasons to use screen protectors.
    10-26-16 07:06 AM
    You know screen protectors are for more than in case you drop your phone, right? lol. I agree the whole breaking of glass thing is kinda silly.. any drop in just the right way is gonna make the glass break but yeah, there's lots of other reasons to use screen protectors.
    What reasons? Scratches? Unless you put phone in pocket with very sharp keys or you take a knife to it then maybe; but even then it's pretty hard to scratch. I think this very thorough article explains it pretty clearly and from experience I can't disagree as would most but each to their own. However some people seem to like them for whatever reasons :-)
    10-26-16 07:16 AM
    I didn't use a case or screen protector on my Z10 for over a year... no problem. I haven't used a case or screen protector on my Droid Turbo 2 (Screen replacement warranty) for the six months I've had it.

Don't think my life style requires it. For others I think even an Otter Box might not be enough. They are expensive devices, a screen protector is cheap insurance. As for the DTEK60... haven't seen any specs listing what type of protection it has, so I'd definitely use an extra layer of protection on it.
    10-26-16 07:38 AM
    Agreed
    10-26-16 07:50 AM
    I didn't use a case or screen protector on my Z10 for over a year... no problem. I haven't used a case or screen protector on my Droid Turbo 2 (Screen replacement warranty) for the six months I've had it.

Don't think my life style requires it. For others I think even an Otter Box might not be enough. They are expensive devices, a screen protector is cheap insurance. As for the DTEK60... haven't seen any specs listing what type of protection it has, so I'd definitely use an extra layer of protection on it.
    Can't disagree for certain work trades but it would be for potential scratches only with a Otter Box protector. If I was in construction industry for example I may want one. But today's glass is so much better than it used to be as per article. They are becoming a lot less important for most users.
    10-26-16 07:51 AM
    What reasons? Scratches? Unless you put phone in pocket with very sharp keys or you take a knife to it then maybe; but even then it's pretty hard to scratch. I think this very thorough article explains it pretty clearly and from experience I can't disagree as would most but each to their own. However some people seem to like them for whatever reasons :-)
    Scratches, smudge protection, screen glare, easier to clean and antibacterial, etc. I don't use em either because like Dunt Dunt Dunt, my lifestyle doesn't really require them and I generally find them ugly but certainly people use them for more than just impact protection.
    10-26-16 08:07 AM