For the people that already got theirs any feedback?
    11-08-16 09:22 AM
    any feedback?
    11-15-16 01:11 AM
    I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12668778

I'm not very happy with it... it is much too small for my screen. But it is definitely better than nothing!

This is my first experience with tempered glass screen protectors but I have used some sort of screen protector for all of my phones for years and I am used to there only being a very small gap, if any, around the edges. I do like the surface of this better compared to the skinomi type I have on my Priv.

I would love to hear if anyone has found a tempered glass one that fits the entire screen.
    jermainewill likes this.
    11-16-16 12:35 PM
    I find the screen is fine but the back is slippery so I might stick one on there instead.
    11-16-16 12:52 PM
    After selecting
    I bought the one on eBay for the DTEK60 and it arrived yesterday, and I installed it. It is excellent: easy to install, it is rigid and strong, leaves no bubbles, no dust nor smudges, and doesn't impede the use of the touch screen at all.
    11-17-16 09:06 PM
    For the people that already got theirs any feedback?
    I bought the one on eBay for the DTEK60 and it arrived yesterday, and I installed it. It is excellent: easy to install, it is rigid and strong, leaves no bubbles, no dust nor smudges, and doesn't impede the use of the touch screen at all.
    11-17-16 09:07 PM
    Does it extend and cover the entire front screen surface or how far undersized is it? Post a picture would be awesome if you could.
    11-17-16 09:32 PM
    yes, i second the motion... if you can post pictures of the tempered glass on would be great... also, a link to the product you got for sure will be very helpful... thanks!

11-17-16 10:27 PM
    I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12670705

I'm not very happy with it... it is much too small for my screen. But it is definitely better than nothing!

This is my first experience with tempered glass screen protectors but I have used some sort of screen protector for all of my phones for years and I am used to there only being a very small gap, if any, around the edges. I do like the surface of this better compared to the skinomi type I have on my Priv.

I would love to hear if anyone has found a tempered glass one that fits the entire screen.
    yep they dont fit at all.
    11-18-16 05:41 AM
    I'm back to say that I heard from the seller and was told that tempered glass can only work on the flat area of a screen, so they are saying that is the reason why it is so small for the screen. I have read that the DTEK60 screen curves toward the edges... visually I don't see it except maybe very close to the edge.

But I have seen tempered glass protectors for the Priv with the curve built in, so I'm not sure I totally buy that reasoning...

If it costs more to make them fit to the edges with the slight curve, then I would happily pay that - if I could find one! I guess for now I'm in the market for a skin-type screen protector.
    11-18-16 11:28 AM
    Does it extend and cover the entire front screen surface or how far undersized is it? Post a picture would be awesome if you could.
    It covers most of the screen up to about 1.5 mm from the edge of the glass display of the Dtek60. Note that the side edges of the glass display are slightly curved. The BlackBerry soft case covers the front edges of the glass display as well. There is therefore about 1 mm border of glass display exposed around the edges of the shield.
    11-18-16 12:24 PM
    thanks for the info... but you know, a picture speaks a million words... if you have a chance, post some pictures to see exactly how that looks, with and without the case if possible please... thanks a lot in advance for the trouble...

It covers most of the screen up to about 1.5 mm from the edge of the glass display of the Dtek60. Note that the side edges of the glass display are slightly curved. The BlackBerry soft case covers the front edges of the glass display as well. There is therefore about 1 mm border of glass display exposed around the edges of the shield.
    11-18-16 12:35 PM
    I picked up this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Blackberry-Protector-Scratch-Resistant-Definition-Bubble-free/dp/B01M7UB3FA/ref=pd_cp_504_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F7S7V8 ZAJ6RN5SCSS03K

And I know it says it's deliberately smaller as to not interfere with cases.... but it's actually 2mm smaller then the actual "Display" area which is driving me nutz.... Just an FYI to those that might be looking at it. it also does not have rounded edges.
    Last edited by Mr Spoon; 11-18-16 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Extra comments
    11-18-16 01:46 PM
    Yes most if not all TG are like that. It was the complaint of the first TG that came out, cases wouldn't fit and/or the edges would lift. Then they started making glass thinner then .30 which help with some cases and making them narrower/shorter to solve the edges lifting. Depending on the type of case you use, you may end up with a bigger space.

And not all glass are created equal
    11-18-16 02:56 PM
    I bought this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UvbUpU12671699

Slightly displeased as some people have mentioned, I'd have been happier if the glass was slightly wider as it doesn't cover the entire display. So when watching videos, it can be a bit annoying.

Screen Protector (tempered glass)-200206.jpg
    11-19-16 03:05 AM
    I bought this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UvbUpU12672086

Slightly displeased as some people have mentioned, I'd have been happier if the glass was slightly wider as it doesn't cover the entire display. So when watching videos, it can be a bit annoying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200206.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	412521
    Using the productivity tab must be a pain. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Although mine is a different brand it will likely be the same.
    11-19-16 01:26 PM
    Using the productivity tab must be a pain. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Although mine is a different brand it will likely be the same.
    You would think so, but honestly it's not. It works just as well despite the glass, so no complaints there. My only complaint is the dimensions of the glass not allowing it to cover the entire display by just a few mm
    11-19-16 02:59 PM
    Would love to get some feedback on the screen protectors when you receive them. I want something very clear. It always looked like I had one on my passport. I am also hoping that it helps my typing accuracy. I don't know if it's because the screen is slippery but my accuracy is terrible. Really missing my physical keyboard.
    11-19-16 04:51 PM
    Does it cover the viewing area? Looks like yours is a bit off center from the pic.
    11-19-16 05:04 PM
    Does it cover the viewing area? Looks like yours is a bit off center from the pic.
    It doesn't cover the entire viewing area. The left side just about starts from the viewing area, if not starting about 1/4 of a mm in, and the right side is a full mm short of covering the viewing area.

The glass is off centre, but unfortunately has to be as it's the only way the holes line up at the top. It's just a case of a poorly made product (strictly in terms of shape - absolutely amazing protection and quality wise).
    11-19-16 06:20 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried this one yet? Advertises the round edge. Good price as well. Here is the link:

https://smile.amazon.com/Shield-OneT..._huc_mrai_1_dp
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector (tempered glass)-mr.-shield.png  
    11-20-16 09:21 PM
    I love phantom glass screen protectors (great on my passport). They have one for dtek50. This morning they told me they have no plans for dtek60.

Feels like a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 11:50 AM
    I love phantom glass screen protectors (great on my passport). They have one for dtek50. This morning they told me they have no plans for dtek60.

Feels like a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    Bummer...

Any feedback about the Mr. Sheild glass screen protectors?
    11-21-16 01:26 PM
    Which is the best screen protector?
    11-23-16 01:31 PM
    Here's mine I just install 10 minutes ago.
    Three protectors came for the price. (Amazon.ca) so I broke one juste to confirm it was glass as they felt plastic.
    It is .020" thick and 1/64" short on each side to cover the viewing area.

Edith: I will have to take new thickness measurement tonight as it doesn't match the specs (may have been too tired and did not read the caliper properly).

Attachment 412835
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector (tempered glass)-5951.jpg  
    Last edited by Blackwidowman; 11-24-16 at 05:12 AM.
    11-23-16 06:37 PM
57 123