These phone prices are getting pretty ridiculous. Smh...
    Yes. I never thought I'd see the day that a "phone" would cost $1000. However, to think these devices are just "phones" would be naive. The power of the machines we carry in our pockets today is quite incredible, and looking back on it, technology has seriously evolved at a rapid rate.
    Last edited by nucks26; 03-31-17 at 03:41 PM.
    03-31-17 03:11 PM
    Certainly the SD 835 will be a workhorse, but I can't see it making much a difference from day to day use. As far as physical look, there are smaller bezels and a removed home button. I'm not saying the phone doesn't look nice, it does, I'm just saying it's not worth $1000 for me from my DTEK60. I mean, how much faster can it be with day to day tasks? My DTEK60 is lightning quick, no stutter at all.
    In Europe/Germany the S8 will use the Exynos Octa Core 8895 not the SD 835. Not sure how fast the Exynos Octa Core 8895 is.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    03-31-17 03:13 PM
    In Europe/Germany the S8 will use the Exynos Octa Core 8895 not the SD 835. Not sure how fast the Exynos Octa Core 8895 is.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    I can't see the Exynos being substantially slower/faster than the 835. Probably pretty comparable. However, from what I've been reading, Snapdragon might have a real winner this time around with the 835.
    03-31-17 03:15 PM
    Yes. Never thought I'd see the day that a "phone" would cost $1000. However to think these devices are just phones would be naive. The power of the machines we carry in our pockets today is quite incredible, and looking back on it, technology has seriously evolved at a rapid rate.
    You are right, we have powerful tools in the palm of our hands. We basically we can do everything we used to do on a desktop PC with our phones. I can't image where mobile technology will take us in the new future.
    03-31-17 03:38 PM
    You are right, we have powerful tools in the palm of our hands. We basically we can do everything we used to do on a desktop PC with our phones. I can't image where mobile technology will take us in the new future.

Yes. Never thought I'd see the day that a "phone" would cost $1000. However to think these devices are just phones would be naive. The power of the machines we carry in our pockets today is quite incredible, and looking back on it, technology has seriously evolved at a rapid rate.
    03-31-17 03:39 PM
    And I think that's what the Passport was all about. But BlackBerry appears to be heading toward an Android tablet. Imagine that device paired up with a decent keyboard accessory, or configured as some convertible device like the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    04-01-17 12:22 AM
    It has improved for sure, but it's still just a giant blob on top of Android.
    What was your last Samsung phone? Samsung touchwiz improved a lot. LG skin is also pretty good too.
    04-01-17 04:30 AM
    What was your last Samsung phone? Samsung touchwiz improved a lot. LG skin is also pretty good too.
    He is saying that it has improved but still has its drawbacks (watch Mr Mobile's review re-do of the S7)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 05:29 AM
    He is saying that it has improved but still has its drawbacks (watch Mr Mobile's review re-do of the S7)

Posted via CB10
    All he said was it causes the phone to lag lolll

And before anyone chimes in with more rose-tinted BS about BlackBerry's skin - if anyone says their dtek50 or Priv runs without lag, I'm sorry but you pretty much have no valid opinion on the lag or lackthereof of other phones.

One area that lag becomes obvious is the HUB

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-01-17 06:44 AM
    Most of Samsung, LG etc have really fixed up their iterations of Android and they run pretty smooth for the most part now. No, it's not stock Android which some people want but they're actually pretty good now.

Also in regards to pricing, I think we all forget how much we can do with these devices and honestly how often we use them. I remember when the bare bones basic computer was over $3000 and it wasn't mobile, you could basically chat and some basic processing. Sure, it's a different time but when I compare the price of say a $600 or $700 phone for the amount of hours I'll use it? Doesn't seem THAT bad.
    04-01-17 08:43 AM
    S8 is a really nice phone BUT for $800 or whatever.. I'm not biting. That's a lot of dough for a phone.
    Just wait a bit. Samsung Galaxy S devices will be offered for a better prices some weeks before next iPhone release.
    04-01-17 09:03 AM
    Yes. I never thought I'd see the day that a "phone" would cost $1000.
    Madness. My PRIV was $1000 after all was said and done.
    04-01-17 09:27 PM
    As a Galaxy S7 user, I was not that impressed with the S8. Unless someone really feels the need to upgrade to a USB Type-C phone or simply want the latest and greatest, there's no reason to switch to S8.
    04-01-17 10:36 PM
    I'm not entirely convinced about the tablet market. The good thing about all of this is that BlackBerry is not incurring any cost.
    04-02-17 08:46 AM
    And I think that's what the Passport was all about. But BlackBerry appears to be heading toward an Android tablet. Imagine that device paired up with a decent keyboard accessory, or configured as some convertible device like the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    I'm not entirely convinced about the tablet market. The good thing about all of this is that BlackBerry is not incurring any cost.
    04-02-17 08:48 AM
    A secure tablet for the corporate and medical space may be a potential niche. It certainly would not gain consumer traction.
    04-02-17 08:49 AM
    A secure tablet for the corporate and medical space may be a potential niche. It certainly would not gain consumer traction.
    Don't they already have the Secusmart for that? Or that is too high end?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 09:00 AM
    I agree. Whoever decides to move forward with this idea will have to push it, specially for the medical space. I'm sure they will rather have a tablet that be pushing around that laptop stand.
    04-02-17 09:03 AM
    Or that is too high end?

Posted via CB10
    That is my impression.
    04-02-17 09:03 AM
    I actually think the S8 is beautiful, but I really think it's going to have horrendous battery life.
    04-03-17 08:53 AM
    I actually think the S8 is beautiful, but I really think it's going to have horrendous battery life.
    It seems like screen is not always on QHD display and snapdragon 835 has new 10mm chipset that is smaller than snapdragon 625 (14mm). We'll see how efficient they're.
    04-03-17 10:37 AM
    Not much has changed with Samsung this year. If anyone is looking for a Samsung device, then the S7/S7 Edge is probably a great buy in my opinion. But overall, not very impressed with anything this year, especially the poor fingerprint sensor placement next to the camera.

The only thing better about that S8, or even the S7, is the camera, and IP68 water and dust residence. I would love to have both of those, but it's not worth $1000 for me haha. Therefore, still loving my DTEK60 and everything it has to offer for the much better price that I paid!!!
    Dtek60 has stereo speakers. Samsungs flagship S8 doesn't have stereo speakers.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...eakers-761093/
    Does the continued absence of stereo speakers on Galaxy flagships prove Samsung sees no value in stereo speakers? Is this ever likely to change?
    04-03-17 01:12 PM
    Touchwiz would prevent me from ever buying a Samsung.
    1,000,000,000% agreed! Hahaha.

Half the time I cannot understand what the blasted my boss is asking me to do! I call it TouchDitz!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 09:30 AM
    If it wasn't for Samsung having the back button and multiapp button switched I'd probably get it. I feel like their phones are probably a lot more optimized fit android and such and I'd just download the BlackBerry launcher and other apps.
    04-16-17 06:03 AM
    If it wasn't for Samsung having the back button and multiapp button switched I'd probably get it. I feel like their phones are probably a lot more optimized fit android and such and I'd just download the BlackBerry launcher and other apps.
    On the S8 you can flip the positioning of the virtual buttons.
    04-16-17 09:05 AM
51 123