For all the "compiracy-rumor-speculation" guys, those are for free, take all you want please, please, please:

Rumoured reason for delay-wizard-work-take-chill-pill-bath-bombs-cool-gift-buy-her-590x628.jpg
    10-17-16 11:56 PM
    I think everyone realizes that the batteries in the DTEK60 are not the same as the Samsung, but I think every prudent cell phone developer will put the brakes on right now and make very sure that the product coming out is really put through extensive over the top testing. Prudence it is called--nothing to do with conspiracies. If I were king, I would likely do that.
    10-18-16 12:09 AM
    Yeah, I think so too. We probably won't see any new smartphone releases until Christmas, I assume. Next year.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 02:51 AM
    Wait, what? Are people supposed to "think" now a days? I though that went out the window since now everyone is asked to "feel" about things. Just look around and you will find questions like "How do you feel about..." and answers like "I feel that..." ROFL

Posted via CB10
    "And if you don't agree with my feelings, you're a troll."
    10-18-16 06:08 AM
    Yeah, I think so too. We probably won't see any new smartphone releases until Christmas, I assume. Next year.

Posted via CB10
    It will be released soon or scrapped. By holding on to it until Christmas or after would risk it becoming outdated and missing Christmas selling season.

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-18-16 06:55 AM
    It will be released soon or scrapped. By holding on to it until Christmas or after would risk it becoming outdated and missing Christmas selling season.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Lol, I doubt this phone will be a hot seller during the Christmas season...

I'm starting to second guess this phone and BlackBerry's ability to deliver and maintain a good product over the following months. Unable to orchestrate a proper launch says a lot about the company - why someone would willingly hand over $700CAD to them is beyond me. Just get the Pixel with updated specs, timely releases, and the ability to get the BlackBerry suite on it. Plus, who knows when Nougat will drop for the 60. Too many uncertainties and they had tons of time to hammer out a marketing plan (don't buy it). Not that theres much to compete with - lets not forget the Priv campaign that launched the phone (remember, the pieces that featured 8 different fonts and didn't show the device being used?). TBH I was ready to pick up this device, just frustrated at this point.
    JeepBB and Q10Bold like this.
    10-18-16 07:38 AM

I'm starting to second guess this phone and BlackBerry's ability to deliver and maintain a good product over the following months. Unable to orchestrate a proper launch says a lot about the company - why someone would willingly hand over $700CAD to them is beyond me. Just get the Pixel with updated specs, timely releases, and the ability to get the BlackBerry suite on it. Plus, who knows when Nougat will drop for the 60. Too many uncertainties and they had tons of time to hammer out a marketing plan (don't buy it). Not that theres much to compete with - lets not forget the Priv campaign that launched the phone (remember, the pieces that featured 8 different fonts and didn't show the device being used?). TBH I was ready to pick up this device, just frustrated at this point.
    You can't blame BlackBerry for delaying an unannounced handset
    They never promised any date either
    For example for the mercury we have a time frame of 6 months which if BlackBerry misses, your rant is valid.
    Accidental leaks does not mean BlackBerry not sticking to its promise or something
    As bla1ze said it has been delayed to better market the phone. And if BlackBerry actually does that I think it's totally worth the delay!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    blackmass likes this.
    10-18-16 08:07 AM
    "And if you don't agree with my feelings, you're a troll."
    Yeap, I forgot that one.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 08:47 AM
    You can't blame BlackBerry for delaying an unannounced handset
    They never promised any date either
    For example for the mercury we have a time frame of 6 months which if BlackBerry misses, your rant is valid.
    Accidental leaks does not mean BlackBerry not sticking to its promise or something
    As bla1ze said it has been delayed to better market the phone. And if BlackBerry actually does that I think it's totally worth the delay!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    People who already purchased the phone online are getting email confirmations that the phone is shipping out to them before the end of the month. Not sure how you can NOT blame Blackberry for delaying an already leaked phone at this stage of it's development cycle.
    kjtaylor1 likes this.
    10-18-16 08:53 AM

Can't disagree with you there . I think the company is a great company but only on the software side. My wife will want the Mercury as she has a Classic now so we will get that if it comes out but for me this is frustrating that they are so vague about everything considering all the leaks. I give it 2 more weeks then off to Pixel XL. I need that BlackBerry VKB though some how.
    Otherwise I support BlackBerry as an investor 100% of the non hardware side of business...
    Still hoping for that DTEK60 though. Better come quick!

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-18-16 08:55 AM
    Now that i was losing hope on the Mercury, it is leaked on Geekbench. Was making up for one of the dteks, again i have to wait.
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-18-16 at 09:33 AM.
    10-18-16 09:12 AM
    Rumor has it, a battery leak caused the delay.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 10:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    This again hey? None of that is true and it was some smart *** here who started that so called rumour.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-16 10:57 AM
    This again hey? None of that is true and it was some smart *** here who started that so called rumour.

One person says something dumb deliberately or as a joke, and everyone else jumps on it, since they're desperate for whatever shred of "news" w/r/t BlackBerry comes out of the anus of the Internet.
    10-18-16 11:16 AM

Oh my. The title of the thread says it all and you fall for it. Rumor has it, Chen had some sex change operation. Reason for the delay.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 11:51 AM
    I think bringing both the DTEK60 and the Mercury out about the end of November would be a brilliant marketing move--as long as it was done with some real punch in the marketing strategy i.e. lots of ads and some prime time commercials. I think there is a huge market to be reached just before Christmas. Need catchy ads with catchy music.
    10-18-16 01:40 PM
    Oh my. The title of the thread says it all and you fall for it. Rumor has it, Chen had some sex change operation. Reason for the delay.

Posted via CB10
    Several people in here already believe the battery is the issue, I'm not the one falling for anything. Nice back track though.

10-18-16 01:46 PM
    Several people in here already believe the battery is the issue, ...
    Several people in here believe the Mercury will have a Hypervisor that will run both BB11 and Android...

People huh?
    10-18-16 02:09 PM
    Yeah, It's better don't rush.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 02:12 PM
    What the frick is a hypervisor???

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 02:14 PM
    What the frick is a hypervisor???
    It's probably best that I don't tell you ... Blaz1e would probably be cross. LOL
    10-18-16 02:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rumor has it, a covered-up alien invasion caused the delay.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-18-16 02:22 PM
    Rumor has it, a covered-up alien invasion caused the delay.
    Careful, you'll start a mass panic...

Watch the skies people! They're coming!!!
    10-18-16 02:24 PM
    Several people in here believe the Mercury will have a Hypervisor that will run both BB11 and Android...

People huh?
    Yes for the same reason mentioned above. What's your point?

10-18-16 02:35 PM
    Yes for the same reason mentioned above. What's your point?
    My point was that people are willing to believe anything.

There's probably a couple out there now ... watching the skies...
    10-18-16 02:44 PM
79 1234