Then you can't blame the consumer for "buying" into it. That's called successful marketing, even if it is a tad shady.
    I get your point, but you're going to deep into thinking that everybody has to believe every marketing campaign.
    09-29-16 11:46 AM
    Well the Galaxy s7 is 900 CAD at TELUS and it has worse specs..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It depends... The S7 has the best camera on the market, and I doubt this alcatel is going to better it. I don't know wich S7 spec you get in canada, but here in europe we get the the S7 with the Exynos instead of the SD820, and the Exynos is a way better processor.
    09-29-16 11:47 AM
    It depends... The S7 has the best camera on the market, and I doubt this alcatel is going to better it. I don't know wich S7 spec you get in canada, but here in europe we get the the S7 with the Exynos instead of the SD820, and the Exynos is a way better processor.
    It's not "way better" , but it does provide longer battery life and in real life situation , there is little to zero differences in terms of speeds.

09-29-16 12:40 PM
    This thing is DOA.

#workwide #OG Black
    09-29-16 12:53 PM
    I think they had it right with the first DTEK; this pricing model seems like a step backwards.
    09-29-16 01:37 PM
    It's not "way better" , but it does provide longer battery life and in real life situation , there is little to zero differences in terms of speeds.

Do you classify this as "Zero" difference?
    09-29-16 02:00 PM
    Do you classify this as "Zero" difference?
    Most consumer users are not going to get out of their to obtain a non SoC s7.

You are just lucky to have it.

09-29-16 02:25 PM
    Most consumer users are not going to get out of their to obtain a non SoC s7.

You are just lucky to have it.

I know, import charges and warranty complications aren't worth the bit of difference in performance. And it's not that SD820 is a slow chip
    09-29-16 02:29 PM
    I get your point, but you're going to deep into thinking that everybody has to believe every marketing campaign.
    But you brought it up

You said:
    so what? the galaxy S5 had 16 megapixels, do you think is a better camera than the 12mp S7?... I thought the ignorance that "more megapixels is better" was over

This forum is slowly gathering the "android cancer", where something is better if it has a higher number... More megapixels, more cores, more Ghz, more resolution, more ram, more battery... If it has more it's better, screw real world performance
    So for you argument to be true you have to already believe that people were suckered in by the marketing campaign.
    09-29-16 03:32 PM
    But you brought it up

You said:
    So for you argument to be true you have to already believe that people were suckered in by the marketing campaign.
    Oh ok, got it
    KemKev likes this.
    09-29-16 04:08 PM
    Yea I agree. Apple is sitting on a huge pile of cash that can allow it to bleed for decades. Apple has also become a cult, one that is quite innovative and a marketing machine that traps people in.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    Although I do understand just how much cash Apple has, let's not forget the way the co-CEO's did that times do change and it doesn't matter how far up the ladder you are, the fall is always a hard one. BlackBerry was once mighty, we all know the story. They had carriers subsidizing the SAF for it's phones. They were once known as an iconic brand. Here's the problem, times changed but they didn't change with it. They didn't catch the next wave. The younger generation wanted cool and trendy, and BlackBerry was white collar and straight to the point.

Being in the financial industry I can tell you one thing. As of right now, Gen Y is the die-hard video game downloading type who are into partying more than anything, but they won't stay that way. They've seen how the older generations have struggled with their money, working jobs with pensions for 40+ years of their lives and retiring with not enough money. The Younger generation wants no part of that lifestyle. They want to make things happen. Soon you'll see these hard partying gamers get serious, and they'll get into entrepreneurship to form the next wave of business people. People who won't be so much into the cool and trendy stuff, they'll want to get things done. Apple will lose their appeal just like BlackBerry did. People will be sick and tired of paying for every app, every song, and spending so much money on apple specific accessories.

I'm already seeing the wave...people I know who swore by apple, who are now on android devices because they woke up for one of two reasons. 1) they got tired of spending so much money to do what everyone else can for free...and 2) they no longer see the value in the devices in relation to the cost or the upkeep.
    09-29-16 05:29 PM
    Although I do understand just how much cash Apple has, let's not forget the way the co-CEO's did that times do change and it doesn't matter how far up the ladder you are, the fall is always a hard one. BlackBerry was once mighty, we all know the story. They had carriers subsidizing the SAF for it's phones. They were once known as an iconic brand. Here's the problem, times changed but they didn't change with it. They didn't catch the next wave. The younger generation wanted cool and trendy, and BlackBerry was white collar and straight to the point.

Being in the financial industry I can tell you one thing. As of right now, Gen Y is the die-hard video game downloading type who are into partying more than anything, but they won't stay that way. They've seen how the older generations have struggled with their money, working jobs with pensions for 40+ years of their lives and retiring with not enough money. The Younger generation wants no part of that lifestyle. They want to make things happen. Soon you'll see these hard partying gamers get serious, and they'll get into entrepreneurship to form the next wave of business people. People who won't be so much into the cool and trendy stuff, they'll want to get things done. Apple will lose their appeal just like BlackBerry did. People will be sick and tired of paying for every app, every song, and spending so much money on apple specific accessories.

I'm already seeing the wave...people I know who swore by apple, who are now on android devices because they woke up for one of two reasons. 1) they got tired of spending so much money to do what everyone else can for free...and 2) they no longer see the value in the devices in relation to the cost or the upkeep.
    I agree with you, I'm a Gen Xer and i count my pennies now lol. however, there will be another generation after the Y one, and they are kids, and will want to play and have cool phones, and Apple is there for them.
    the sad reality is that BB lost the battle, they did not have visionaries in their leaders, did not follow the trend and did not lead the innovation. you think that the Gen Y will look for blackberry once they start working and become entrepreneurs? well guess what? Apple is now tapping on that market, BB's market, BB's turf, and that according to Tim Cook. In an interview, he said that Apple is looking at the business/professional market, the market that belonged to BB. He said that now that BB is out, they see an opportunity.

now that BB is securing all devices and OS's, it just opened up the market it once owned to Apple and other device makers. Apple will provide the cool hardware, the improved OS, and BB will provide the security. so basically BB has done the work for Apple and other companies. BB cooks, Apple eats.
    09-29-16 08:01 PM
    I agree with you, I'm a Gen Xer and i count my pennies now lol. however, there will be another generation after the Y one, and they are kids, and will want to play and have cool phones, and Apple is there for them.
    the sad reality is that BB lost the battle, they did not have visionaries in their leaders, did not follow the trend and did not lead the innovation. you think that the Gen Y will look for blackberry once they start working and become entrepreneurs? well guess what? Apple is now tapping on that market, BB's market, BB's turf, and that according to Tim Cook. In an interview, he said that Apple is looking at the business/professional market, the market that belonged to BB. He said that now that BB is out, they see an opportunity.

now that BB is securing all devices and OS's, it just opened up the market it once owned to Apple and other device makers. Apple will provide the cool hardware, the improved OS, and BB will provide the security. so basically BB has done the work for Apple and other companies. BB cooks, Apple eats.
    Although I get what you're saying here, I don't quite agree that it's going to be so easy. Apple can't just walk in there and claim the business market. In my rebuttal, I didn't mean that busy young entrepreneurs are going to look for BlackBerry specifically, just that they're going to look to get things done, and will flock to the phones that offer the option to do that. iOS is not setup to be a business OS. You can't do things efficiently such as send multiple file attachments into a single email. There is no file manager, things cannot be done on the fly as with android (or even BB10 which will be oldschool at that point). It's ambitious of Tim Cook to just say they'll focus on enterprise, but their OS has to change. Is he willing to pay his coding team to make those changes on an already-matured OS? Not sure, time will tell.

And you're right, the kids from post gen-y will get into gaming yes, however apple is setup as a consumer proposition to handle them, BlackBerry with (and without) android is setup differently, and I'm sure if they stick to their guns, people will consider them more and more again.

As has been mentioned by Chen, the average person will not notice (or care) that BlackBerry doesn't manufacture their own phones anymore, but it has their name, their logo, their software and I'm sure they will do decently well going forward, because BlackBerry is trusted in security despite all the media bashing over the past 4 to 6 years

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:16 AM
    I think they had it right with the first DTEK; this pricing model seems like a step backwards.
    They haven't announced the price.

aecgda likes this.
    09-30-16 08:09 AM
    Speculation aside, I do hope anyone from Blackberry is really taking a hard long think-over of the pricing. Blackberry is not an A-list company when it comes to devices anymore, so technically it's more of a start-up all over again, re-introducing itself to consumers or any customer interested in its products, in a way. So really they need to be considerate of the market's expectations of pricing and not think it is alright to isolate itself and price at will.
    10-01-16 05:21 AM
    If it's October 11th.. That's pretty soon , maybe an coherent on Monday.

10-01-16 04:04 PM
    LeEco Pro3 will be released in north America this month. Crazy spec for low cost.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-01-16 04:58 PM
    LeEco Pro3 will be released in north America this month. Crazy spec for low cost.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    And no updates. Ever.
    10-01-16 05:47 PM
    lol

[RUMOUR] CAD9, October 11.-screenshot-2016-10-01-19.58.56.png
    10-01-16 06:04 PM
    What's the catch? For the price there must be a catch. Exploding battery? Held together by superglue? All in Chinese? Non north American GSM band?

Passport!
    10-01-16 06:21 PM
    lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-10-01 19.58.56.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	409328
    An extra $300 over the DTEK50, ouch.
    10-01-16 06:23 PM
    interesting... I probably wouldn't get it myself to be honest that's a little to pricey for me no matter what specs are on board. I'll probably end up waiting 2-3 months before I jump on that.
    10-01-16 06:25 PM
    interesting... I probably wouldn't get it myself to be honest that's a little to pricey for me no matter what specs are on board. I'll probably end up waiting 2-3 months before I jump on that.
    $699, no thank you. If $400, $499 or $550 max CAD, okay then seems reasonable for a launch price.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 06:38 PM
    $699, no thank you. $499 or $550 max CAD. Okay seems reasonable..

Posted via CB10
    So, $499 CDN = $379 USD. Less $100 for BlackBerry hardening and apps = $279.

You think this hardware is only worth $279 USD? Be serious.
    10-01-16 06:40 PM
    10-01-16 07:20 PM
143 ... 23456