The camera probably sucks on this phone and the battery life probably mediocre.

Can get a samsung s7 for $650 taxes in which is probably going to be a better phone hardware wise, than even next year's BlackBerry.

Smh...oh well the Canadian market is too small anyway even if this phone was $300 cad.

#whatisclassic
    21 megapixels

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 12:31 PM
    21 megapixels

Megapixels do not tell the whole story. The S7 and Nexus line have a great camera despite lower megapixels
    09-28-16 01:15 PM
    Megapixels do not tell the whole story. The S7 and Nexus line have a great camera despite lower megapixels
    until you laid your hands on, you just don't know. camera not only depend upon the pixel, the cell structure (vertical cell capture more light for example), optical lens stack and software enhancement all plays role... that is why so important to get both hardware and software in control, rather than fragmented approach... will see what Dtek 60 deliver...compare to iphone 7+
    09-28-16 01:20 PM
    They will be hoping someone will license the brand... and that the licenser will also design, manufacture, distribute and support that hardware. There will be BlackBerry branded hardware in the world, but BlackBerry the company will have very little to do with it, other than collect the licensing fees.
    Lol. You're definitely correct. But it just sounds funny to think of someone licensing the BlackBerry brand. The brand that hasn't made money in years.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 02:17 PM
    And also drop calls frequently...

In the photography world, it's called pixel peeping.
    09-28-16 02:46 PM
    [QUOTE=ToniCipriani;12604295]Remembrance Day is a federal holiday.

Happy I finally posted something before crackberry or another user did! correct me if I'm wrong. (on the other hand
    I'd rather think I was just first so maybe dont)

09-28-16 03:21 PM
    http://www.n-tv.de/18743766

This just popped up this afternoon on NTV Germany.

Even though there's no official announcement, this article was released based on the information provided from Winfuture.
    Surprising too that this was actually on the start page of the NTV App.
    Thought I share it with you guys, well mainly for those who speak German obviously

09-28-16 05:17 PM
    http://www.n-tv.de/18743766

This just popped up this afternoon on NTV Germany.

Even though there's no official announcement, this article was released based on the information provided from Winfuture.
    Surprising too that this was actually on the start page of the NTV App.
    Thought I share it with you guys, well mainly for those who speak German obviously

Google Translation

"By DTEK60 BlackBerry brings a third Android smartphone on the market.*The device not only offers the typical security features of Canadians, but also very strong technical characteristics.*but BlackBerry is no longer manufacturer.

By sliding smartphone*Priv*BlackBerry has heralded the end of the year its own OS and sets since fully on Android.*The second mobile phone with Google's operating system was in the summer, the middle class device DTEK50, the BlackBerry "*the most secure Android smartphone in the world*calls".*To get the added, the software (DTEK) of Canadians monitored OS and apps, data is encrypted and a separate password safe on board.*And Blackberry playing very quickly by Google provided*security updates*to the device, which is the case in very few other Android smartphones.

QHD display and powerful processor

Now preparing BlackBerry before the launch of the successor as "*Winfuture*" has experienced.*But that is not DTEK60 midrange smartphone, but a device that can possibly play in the superclass.*It is a 5.5-inch AMOLED display with qHD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels) have and are powered by Qualcomm's 4-core processor Snapdragon 820th*The memory is, according to the sources 4 gigabytes in size, internally there are 32 gigabytes of flash memory available, plus there's a slot for microSD cards.

On the back is visible on the leaked images of the fingerprint of the BlackBerry DTEK60, the cameras are intended to provide photos with 21 and 8 megapixels.*The battery according to "Winfuture" a capacity of 3000 mAh and can be charged quickly via the USB-C port on the device.

No dedicated hardware more

In case of metal and glass as well as many components has BlackBerrys Chinese contract manufacturer TLC resorted as the previous model on his own Alcatel smartphones, making a conclusion about the quality of the new BlackBerry is possible.*So the Alcatel Idol 4S has the*test of n-tv.de*given a good figure, only the camera could not convince entirely.

The co work with TLC exemplifies the future of BlackBerry.*CEO John Chen has in theannouncement of the quarterly resultsannounced that his company will develop no more hardware but leaves partners that use BlackBerrys brand and the software.

In Canada, the BlackBerry should DTEK60 come on October 11 for $ 700 on the market, which is equivalent to around 470 euros.*When and at what price the smartphone in Europe will be to have, is still open"

Posted via my DTEK50
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 09-28-16 at 06:16 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-28-16 05:26 PM
    I think there is some confusion with terminology. I don't believe BlackBerry can actually licence their android OS offering since google hands it out for free. I believe they are entering into agreements for hardware to be made and designed by third parties that runs their version of Android and collecting royalties on the sale of those devices. Royalties and licencing are not the same thing in this case. So if those devices don't sell, i don't think BlackBerry makes money as they would with a true licencing agreement that wouldn't be dependant on sales. That's my opinion but i can't imagine google would be okay with android being licenced out when they don't even do it.

howarmat and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-28-16 05:26 PM
    Only time will tell but looks like BlackBerry is the next IBM

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-28-16 07:38 PM
    Only time will tell but looks like BlackBerry is the next IBM

I thought that exact same thing, been saying it on the site SeekingAlpha to defend my position on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:02 PM
    I thought that exact same thing, been saying it on the site SeekingAlpha to defend my position on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. How many hardware only companies in IT actually survive more than 15 years? They always have to reinvent themselves, get sold or die.

Apple is next if they don't diversify.

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-28-16 08:14 PM
    Apple is next if they don't diversify.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Nah I disagree. Apple has done such a good job at brainwashing people. They aren't going anywhere. They can keep selling the same thing year after year and people will still line up to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:22 PM
    Any chance this will have dual sim or am I going to have to finally give up and buy a MotoG4?
    09-28-16 10:20 PM
    Nah I disagree. Apple has done such a good job at brainwashing people. They aren't going anywhere. They can keep selling the same thing year after year and people will still line up to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Yea I agree. Apple is sitting on a huge pile of cash that can allow it to bleed for decades. Apple has also become a cult, one that is quite innovative and a marketing machine that traps people in.

09-29-16 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've never owned an iphone but I'd ask you to point out to me who outside of samsung is busying generating their own chips? Which OEM is making it's own version of the a10?
    09-29-16 07:59 AM
    rumors or not pretty sure bb will once again overprice their product, sales will be bad as usual and its just the same old story with them.
    09-29-16 08:28 AM
    rumors or not pretty sure bb will once again overprice their product, sales will be bad as usual and its just the same old story with them.
    The DTEK50 was priced well, which is the only comparison with a branded product.
    09-29-16 08:32 AM
    I've never owned an iphone but I'd ask you to point out to me who outside of samsung is busying generating their own chips? Which OEM is making it's own version of the a10?
    That's the thing... for all the brainwashing, they do tend to put out a "device" that runs very efficiently and that in may cases blows away the benchmarks of the generic hardware sets...

My wife's iPhone 6 with the same 1800mAh battery as my Z10... could do so much more per mAh, and it was stable (rebooting is almost unheard of).

The hardware, the operating system and the apps are all DESIGNED to work together... rather than just designed to be compatible with a very broad design spec.

Everyone here needs to stop worrying about Apple and their users....
    09-29-16 08:56 AM
    21 megapixels

so what? the galaxy S5 had 16 megapixels, do you think is a better camera than the 12mp S7?... I thought the ignorance that "more megapixels is better" was over

This forum is slowly gathering the "android cancer", where something is better if it has a higher number... More megapixels, more cores, more Ghz, more resolution, more ram, more battery... If it has more it's better, screw real world performance
    09-29-16 10:15 AM
    yikes that is expensive for what it is
    Well the Galaxy s7 is 900 CAD at TELUS and it has worse specs..

09-29-16 10:24 AM
    That's just sad, hopefully you take some time for those that fought and fight for freedoms like freedom of speech, know what I'm saying....
    It is not a statutory holiday for most people. The hustle and bustle of life goes on, even on November 11th. Thankfully, there is usually enough where one can take a moment to pause, reflect, and say thanks. Doing so when tending to the business of the day isn't mutually exclusive.
    09-29-16 11:22 AM

<snip>

This forum is slowly gathering the "android cancer", where something is better if it has a higher number...More megapixels, more cores, more Ghz, more resolution, more ram, more battery... If it has more it's better, screw real world performance
    Isn't that how things are marketed?
    09-29-16 11:25 AM
    Isn't that how things are marketed?
    Yep, it's called the "perceived value"
    09-29-16 11:34 AM
    Yep, it's called the "perceived value"
    Then you can't blame the consumer for "buying" into it. That's called successful marketing, even if it is a tad shady.
    09-29-16 11:39 AM
143 12345 ...