hi guys , right side of my device touch screen sometimes dosent work and i have to turn off and then turn on my screen and then it work , i reset my phone but it cant helpls , do you have any issue ?

another question is why I cant update my device , for right now it shows that my phone is update but i dident that!!!

blackberry makes me regretful!!!!!
    DynamicXX likes this.
    12-22-17 02:23 PM
    hi guys , right side of my device touch screen sometimes dosent work and i have to turn off and then turn on my screen and then it work , i reset my phone but it cant helpls , do you have any issue ?

another question is why I cant update my device , for right now it shows that my phone is update but i dident that!!!

blackberry makes me regretful!!!!!
    Download or use Blackberry Virtual Expert and it contains a test of the screen.

Have you added any new apps lately that may have caused problems?

You can try rebooting:

Restart/reboot method

Press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds ignoring any screen logos/etc and ignoring any vibrations or sounds. This is supposedly equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    12-23-17 12:44 AM
    This is Dtek 60 forum. please do not use autoloader of Priv.
    12-23-17 01:05 AM
    I had the exact same issue, really irritating when texting. I downloaded the Virtual Expert, ran through the test, (nothing came up abnormal), did the reboot and it worked for awhile...frustrating to say the least.
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    01-14-18 11:45 AM
    my Dtek60 started having a similar problem where it takes 3 times the pressure to work the right side of the screen. removed the tempered glass cover, helped a little, but still a problem and quite frustrating.

Any news on the trade up program mentioned by the BlackBerry brass?
    DynamicXX likes this.
    01-14-18 01:17 PM
    I have to bang on the right side to get anything to register!!! I do a restart / reboot and it is back to normal for a while.

I am pretty sick of the whole BlackBerry sort of, kind of, maybe will try to be a player in the industry or not thing. BlackBerry 's version of Android sucks. Their hardware is always playing catch-up. I am so done with this game!

And, not security updates since September 9th AND I
    the OS update always fails!

It all really bites!
    DynamicXX likes this.
    01-14-18 01:29 PM
    Have experienced this as well, with p, l, and backspace, plus three dots at top right. For me is seems limited to temperature. Worse in cold weather. Bad in morning when phone is coldest. Read the capacitive screen is issue. Plus I too have tempered glass which I have thought of ripping off. Might try carrying it closer to body to warm it and see if that makes difference.
    01-23-18 08:42 PM
    I had the same issue. Turned out that the productivity tab gets in the way. move it up or down and see if you get better responsiveness once it's out of the way. .
    01-25-18 07:28 PM
    I think this is an issue when the screen gets too cold (at least for me). I remember when I use my phone when its below 0 (say -10 or so) the issue always occurred specifically on the right side (this was only a month after i received the device). Sent the phone in got it back was okay for most of the time cause I didn't use it outside when it was cold. Also if you check the manual, the phone is recommended not to go below 0C (ironic being a Canadian company lol). But yea that's my experience.
    bookworm1959 likes this.
    01-25-18 07:55 PM
    I have found the exact same thing. The right side is very slow to respond, and as others have noted, temperature seems to be a factor. In fact, at the beginning of January when daytime highs were around -20 C, I tried to check bus times and the screen didn't respond at all. Saw plenty of people walking around with their phones in hand, texting, scrolling through music, with no problems. But they were iPhones. Beyond frustrating for a BlackBerry girl and has me reconsidering my loyalty to the brand.
    01-26-18 01:00 PM
    I don't know why i bought a blackberry , i have used Huawei before for 3 years , g series and was awesome but black berry made me disappointed
    02-19-18 01:43 PM
    My DTEK60 has the same problem on both edges I have to tap hard 10 times for anything to work and the middle of the screen its over sensitive and when scrolling it will inadvertently click on stuff, damp or dry fingers and cold are impossible to even use the phone sometimes and my camera won't save pictures unless I reboot 1st not to mention not being able to update since November and a new DTEK50 that won't update right out of the box new, wanting the new Motion but my family and I are starting to buy other phones now because no updates on the PRIV, 2 DTEK50's and 60 that are all 2 years or newer, trying out Huawai and LG now from a long time BB loyalist.
    02-23-18 03:21 AM
    My DTEK60 has the same problem on both edges I have to tap hard 10 times for anything to work and the middle of the screen its over sensitive and when scrolling it will inadvertently click on stuff, damp or dry fingers and cold are impossible to even use the phone sometimes and my camera won't save pictures unless I reboot 1st not to mention not being able to update since November and a new DTEK50 that won't update right out of the box new, wanting the new Motion but my family and I are starting to buy other phones now because no updates on the PRIV, 2 DTEK50's and 60 that are all 2 years or newer, trying out Huawai and LG now from a long time BB loyalist.
    The PRIV is older than two years and officially EOL. DTEK are still getting updates. All three were sold by the old BB that's no longer in the hardware business.

That being said. All three Android devices were production beta. You really can't make any comparison between unrelated companies. At the one year anniversary of the KEYone soon and so far so good. It's been worth the price so far.
    02-23-18 05:15 AM
    The PRIV is older than two years and officially EOL. DTEK are still getting updates. All three were sold by the old BB that's no longer in the hardware business.

That being said. All three Android devices were production beta. You really can't make any comparison between unrelated companies. At the one year anniversary of the KEYone soon and so far so good. It's been worth the price so far.
    I think the PRIV is only 2 years and a few months old, I bought it on a 2 year contract February 2016 and expect to get more than a couple of years support, my gf wanted a replacement for her Z30 last year and I bought her a Huawei 10 which never updates and bought one daughter a DTEK50 for Christmas and same thing no updates, the LG-V20 I bought for my other daughter updates ok so far and I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship or buy the Motion and hope I can get a few years reliable use.
    02-23-18 08:07 AM
    I think the PRIV is only 2 years and a few months old, I bought it on a 2 year contract February 2016 and expect to get more than a couple of years support, my gf wanted a replacement for her Z30 last year and I bought her a Huawei 10 which never updates and bought one daughter a DTEK50 for Christmas and same thing no updates, the LG-V20 I bought for my other daughter updates ok so far and I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship or buy the Motion and hope I can get a few years reliable use.
    For me updates are overrated. All the Android OEMs are not consistent except for Google but it's their proprietary OS. I bought from AT&T, my KEYone. I'm not sure I want to buy the Motion without carrier support. I've bought three factory unlocked since BlackBerry in the past. To me, either you're buying for PKB and BBAndroid or at least VKB and BBAndroid. If you don't care about PKB or BBAndroid, why buy any BlackBerry?
    02-23-18 10:12 AM
    For me updates are overrated. All the Android OEMs are not consistent except for Google but it's their proprietary OS. I bought from AT&T, my KEYone. I'm not sure I want to buy the Motion without carrier support. I've bought three factory unlocked since BlackBerry in the past. To me, either you're buying for PKB and BBAndroid or at least VKB and BBAndroid. If you don't care about PKB or BBAndroid, why buy any BlackBerry?
    I tried what FF22 had mentioned at the top of the thread and that seems to have fixed the screen sensitivity issue My contract should be up now but my carrier doesn't stock the Motion and that killer battery and security are its strong points what I like.
    02-24-18 06:02 AM
    Has anyone replaced the screen or did we ever find out about the BB trade in for the dtek60. Its a shame really I think that I have this great phone and it spends most most of its time in the box because of this screen issue. My everyday phone is a moto g5plus which I've download the apk for the keyboard, hub, launcher etc. Even have a priv screen wall paper.
    05-04-18 01:48 PM
    I just stated a new thread before noticing this one. The right side of my screen completely freezes or locks up depending on how my phone is flexed. I have to flex it pretty hard along it's long axis in order to get the screen to work properly again... every time I use it.

Here's what it looks like anytime I pick it up and unlock it:

Right side of touch screen problem-img_20180514_101539.jpg

After reading this thread I am less inclined to replace it with another DTEK60 since my problem doesn't seem to be an isolated one. I wish the Motion wasn't so awkwardly shaped, otherwise I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Not sure what to do.
    05-14-18 12:46 PM