Ok so I hate doing a thread like this but hey here it is.

Why I am returning the Dtek60 and my reason list is very small but will be clear and FYI my previous phone's and which phone's I have returned to are a mix of iPhone 7+ and S7 Edge I switch my SIM alot for testing stuff but my go to device is always Android.
    - Had my third device lockup on me while plugged into a charger (have tried both factory and aftermarket). By device lockup I mean phone screen is black and device wont do anything you have to hold "power and volume down" until phone reboots into recovery and then choose turn off and power back on get life out of it. While I use my phone for an alarm clock and this caused it not to function on 2 occasions the first was impactful the second I had a backup set as well.
    - ATT hotspot, I use this almost everyday for work and since ATT insist's on blocking this it is a huge impact to me.
    - Fingerprint reader for me does not seem to work all that well for me which is shocking because same type of sensor on my Nexus 5x and that one works every time first shot, this one I find myself lifting my finger and putting back on once or twice (not the end of the world I know).
    - Power button location I am right handed and do not have the largest hands and with the FP sensor not 100% grasping me I find myself reaching for it more and more and it is in a really bad spot for me to access one handed,and since double tap to wake is it or miss I actually find myself using my left hand more with the phone one handed which causes multiple typos and stupid mis-clicks for me (yes I know time to train that hand and I will be good).
    - Bluetooth MP3 playback, I stream Pandora to my car from my phone and with this device I get cutouts every 30 seconds or so for a split second but its noticeable. I drive a 2010 Lexus and this is not the first time I have experienced BT issues with my vehicle and they have all been worked out after one or two software updates, I had problems with my S7 Edge when it came out also had problems with different OS updates so not a deal breaker here.
    - Face mute never had a problem before however I do now.

I basically listed them in the impact they have had now maybe I got a bum device (if so perfect device should be phenomenal) not sure I have done a couple hard resets to see if it would fix the ailments but unfortunately it hit the threshold for me. Since I have other devices of equal specs to go back to I cannot justify holding onto it to wait for the updates to fix the key elements that I have issue with and have affected me.

Now that being said I have to say I am going to miss this device very much the feel in hand is superb, to me I enjoy holding and using this device way more then my edge and my 7+. I also prefer the screen on the Dtek over both other devices as well as the Android OS build and BB Apps to the point I have installed the HUB and all the BB apps on my edge but still don't have all the functionality but its close.

Again I cannot state strong enough if I did not have a edge here I would definitely be a hold out for the updates pertaining to my personal configurations. Hands down I have to say if you are planning to buy a new phone and your choice is S7 edge or Dtek60 I recommend Dtek all the way once you get it in your hands you will love it, you will also love the money you save. Who knows I maybe back around for the 60 once a few software kicks thru or the 70 whenever it maybe..

TLDR:: Love phone have issues that bubbled up all at once and made me not have time / patience to deal with but will miss it.
    Last edited by NexVision; 11-07-16 at 09:07 PM.
    11-07-16 08:52 PM
    That's too bad to hear. Couldn't you get a replacement? Maybe you just received a defective device?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 08:54 PM
    Thought about doing that however if it was a defective one would only cure half my ailments at this time in a month or so who knows.
    11-07-16 08:59 PM
    11-07-16 09:26 PM
    My recommendation
    Do today's update
    Factory reset and start fresh don't restore with android transfer. (Remember all your apps are on playstore and your contacts on BlackBerry contacts.
    If it doesn't get fixed with that you still on time for a replacement.
    Give time for your hands to get used to a new device. Dishing a pice of technology in 2 weeks because it isn't identical to your old technology is not the manufacturer fault is yours for not adapting to change.
    If nothing of the previous works for you
    Get a Note 7 and await further instructions.
    11-07-16 09:41 PM
    My recommendation
    Do today's update
    Factory reset and start fresh don't restore with android transfer. (Remember all your apps are on playstore and your contacts on BlackBerry contacts.
    If it doesn't get fixed with that you still on time for a replacement.
    Give time for your hands to get used to a new device. Dishing a pice of technology in 2 weeks because it isn't identical to your old technology is not the manufacturer fault is yours for not adapting to change.
    If nothing of the previous works for you
    Get a Note 7 and await further instructions.
    They aren't selling note 7s no more
    11-08-16 12:46 AM
    wife also has face mute or hang ups with the DTEK50, sollution was a flipcase. When she get a call she flip the case closed. It'stupid but there is something about the sensor that is flipping sometimes, . I also notice the DTEK60 has the some problem.
    11-08-16 12:23 PM
    Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 09:44 PM
    Well, glad to see this thread hasn't taken off! In other threads it seems like there are a lot of happy DTEK60 owners!
    World War Z30 likes this.
    11-09-16 09:44 AM
    I noticed that. The Alcatel Idol 4s form factor has three OS variants so far and each is getting really, really good reviews. Seems like BB did their homework.

BB Android
    Android
    Windows 10
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-09-16 07:28 PM
    So why couldn't the Passport or z30 form factor get at least two OS variants?
    #WishingOnAStar
    krif07 likes this.
    11-10-16 10:16 PM
    I hated to do it, but I too returned my Dtek 60 in favor of my passport. At the end of the day, there were too many things I missed about my Passport. Plus, on the heals of Chen confirming a new in-house pkb device is coming, I just couldn't justify keeping it know I would purchase the mercury.

The dtek60 is a great device. One of the best android phones I've had in a while and definitely the best of the $399-$499 budget group.
    Kot Prada and tonythecanuck like this.
    11-12-16 07:03 AM
    I got the Dtek60 from Blackberry shop, but I'm having reservations and am thinking of trying a Priv instead. I opened the box and got my hands on it, powered up without sim card.

What's the best way to return it? Anyone interested in buying from me directly for $499 (I got the bundle with case and charger for $530). I'm checking out their website now to submit a return but maybe better to sell someone directly here.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-15-16 07:06 PM
    I've had the DTEK60 for 3 weeks now and I've decided to revert back to a PRIV. I've always been a pkb guy, my phone is used for heavy communication (texts, emails etc.) and the vkb just isn't for me. With that said, this is not a knock on the DTEK at all, it's a premium device that I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. It's got all the bells and whistles. But it's back to the PRIV for me and then the Mercury once it's released. After that.... I really hope there's an after that....
    11-30-16 08:55 PM
    I've had the DTEK60 for 3 weeks now and I've decided to revert back to a PRIV. I've always been a pkb guy, my phone is used for heavy communication (texts, emails etc.) and the vkb just isn't for me. With that said, this is not a knock on the DTEK at all, it's a premium device that I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. It's got all the bells and whistles. But it's back to the PRIV for me and then the Mercury once it's released. After that.... I really hope there's an after that....
    Want to sell your three week old DTEK60?
    12-01-16 12:48 AM
    I've already initiated the return with Shop BlackBerry otherwise I would have. Sorry.
    12-01-16 01:01 PM
    I've already initiated the return with Shop BlackBerry otherwise I would have. Sorry.
    No worries at all. I wish you the best.
    12-01-16 01:05 PM
    Anyone ever return anything bought from B&H Photo? I have bought phones from them before but never had a reason to return one till now.
    Just wondering how easy it is to do a return from B&H. I just can't get past the random screen going black and the battery life, even with Doze, not really being on the same level as my other Android phones, and my cell signal seems pretty low on AT&T using the same Sim card that gets much better reception in my other phones. Just do not feel like this is a phone worth $500.
    12-04-16 11:24 AM
    Im returning mine. Unfortunately it didn't tick boxes as to what i look for in a mobile phone. I tried using the bb android. I like what they have done with it but can seem to shake the feeling of things being cluttered.. alot of swipes which i dont really like. I think i will go back using my Q10 for a while longer and see what they have to offer with mercury. I honestly miss the keypad on Q10.. but soon i need to move on.. i will continue checking dtek forum to see what im missing hahahah...
    12-16-16 01:12 AM
    Looks like I have to return mine as well. As much as I like it (love the screen and the build feel), I'm just having too many issues.

HARDWARE:

- I'm either loosing signal completely requiring a reboot to get a signal again (as switching to airplane mode doesn't fix it), or it doesn't transfer from a weak LTE signal to a strong HSPA one, again requring a reboot as toggling airplane mode wont fix it.

- far right side of the screen doesn't respond to touch in apps (though diagnostics shows it's fine), and yes, I've disabled productivity tab.

SOFTWARE:

- whether it is due to the signal issues, I don't know but the Hub isn't playing well with my email accounts as emails I'm deleting on the phone aren't deleting on the server maybe 25% of the time. I'm thinking this may be due to if I delete an email in a poor signal area where I have no reception, it isn't carrying over that deletion when the signal reconnects (despite the whole time showing me I'm connected). Then my accounts get out of sync and the only way to fix it is to log in to the email account on line and delete the emails or delete and re-add my account on the '60. I have 8 email accounts all with two-step verification so re-adding accounts is a major PITA.

After trying the Priv and getting two defective devices from ShopBB, I have to say I'm disappointed with BB's build quality again despite hoping things would be better with TCL. My signal issues seem to be unique (haven't read of others with it) though I've read one other thread with the screen issues on the right side.

I've already reloaded the software and I'm not going to RMA a 'new' phone so I'll just return it. Maybe I'll try it again down the road if the price drops but I doubt it as I'll need a replacement ASAP.

Too bad though... I wanted to keep this phone as I love the screen, size, feel, stock Android feel, etc. Now back on my Passport SE until I can get something else.
    01-04-17 11:22 AM
    As much as i tried to love dtek60, I ended up selling it and bought a new Lumia 950 for a great price. Nothing wrong with dtek60 - it's simply the best android phone available. But I just cant stand android OS. Yes everything works ans there's an app for just about anything. But i find the os so boring and cluttered.

So despite a dying Windows mobile os and lack of apps i bought the Lumia and quite liking it so far. I bought the same when it was laughed more than a year ago but returned it due to lot of w10 os issues. Things are a lot better now and it's quite smooth. Im not a big app user and most of my banking and social media apps are available on windows. So I'm not missing much

I've tried all sorts of android phones including google pixel and Samsung. It's just the OS I cant stand.

Hopefully Microsoft and other manufactures come up with newer devices. And also hope for the so called surface phone to land sometime this year

Sent from mTalk
    01-12-17 02:21 PM
    hmm sorry you had issues, I'm checking here to see about potential issues and I don't think it will sway me from still going forward. Good info though!!
    01-19-17 03:21 PM
    glad to read this will wait on dtek60 but need a phone--seems blackberry could do alot by selling a deluxe hub on the google play store--thought I would be able to reformat the passport to android that would be good
    01-19-17 03:56 PM
    the only problem I had with the D60 was the sim card tray. I had to return it due to it not always picking up my sim card, tried a different card and same issue. Absolutely love the phone in every aspect, plan on getting another when in, hopefully no more issues.
    01-20-17 08:59 AM
    I will be returning mine due to a fragile screen, and Blackberry's terrible customer service. After admitting they are aware of the screen issue, they advised me to send in my heavily scratched screen (happened after a week.) I received the phone back without any changes two weeks later, and no explanation. After a few days, got told though it was a known issue, that doesn't mean it's a warranty issue. Two months of back-and-forth later, was told they would fix it for money, and another unknown amount of down time, but for all the confusion they would give me a cheap leather case, inferior to the Incipio case I already have lol. Good phone, but order screen protector in advance. I shouldn't have used mine for a week without one, despite the fact I've never had one on my Z30, Z10, or Passport. Cheap build quality.
    02-02-17 01:02 PM
35 12