I recently had to get a new handset due to my broken screen - I was able to transfer a lot of data via my google account and via the content transfer app, however I had foolishly saved recent contacts additions to my handset rather than to my google account and am struggling to find a method of accessing them from my old handset whose display no longer works - anyway of accessing the phone's files by connecting to a pc, etc, bearing in mind I can't see the handset's display?
    10-23-17 01:38 PM
    Probably not... you'd need the phone unlocked and set to the correct file sharing setting and not the default charge setting.

But it' won't hurt to try.
    10-23-17 02:53 PM
    Maybe try an USB-C to HDMI adapter? At least you'll be able to see what's going on your phone by the TV (in theory)
    10-23-17 05:31 PM
    Off topic but, are you willing to sell your sim tray from the old phone. mine is lost and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.
    10-23-17 06:34 PM
    Off topic but, are you willing to sell your sim tray from the old phone. mine is lost and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.
    Hi there, you can happily have it for nothing, definitely
    10-24-17 11:42 AM
    I recently had to get a new handset due to my broken screen - I was able to transfer a lot of data via my google account and via the content transfer app, however I had foolishly saved recent contacts additions to my handset rather than to my google account and am struggling to find a method of accessing them from my old handset whose display no longer works - anyway of accessing the phone's files by connecting to a pc, etc, bearing in mind I can't see the handset's display?
    This is going to be very difficult because the usual directory structure under which Android stores this has execute-only permission (search only) at the top level.

So while you MIGHT be able to read the .db file (I don't know what it's actual permissions are) you can't find it -- you'd need to know exactly where it is, AND it has to be world-readable, which it probably isn't -- using adb.

Since there's no root available there's also no good way around this from the debugging interface.
    10-24-17 01:50 PM
    Hi there, you can happily have it for nothing, definitely
    Thank you very much for your generosity but I just received my repaired Dtek from TCL and they added a sim tray to replace the lost one.
    10-24-17 01:55 PM