This keyboard seems to get worse and worse as time goes on. I love this phone, but something happens every now and then where the keyboard just becomes unusable. It either somehow fixes itself over time or I do something to reset it but I just cannot seem to fix it now.

Even typing the above - it took 3-4x the amount of times it should have due to UNNECESSARY autocorrects.

"In" changes to "on" - "have" changes to "haven't" - "it" changes to "if" and so on!!! (On just changed to or). I just can't deal with this and it's affecting my every day life on this phone!! It changes EVERYTHING to plural form and I haven't to keep going back and changing it, or type really slow so I can spot it before it changes.

The worst thing is - sometimes I make genuine, obvious typos like "yhe" but it will just leave it instead of changing to "the" !!

Oh my God, I can't even express how frustrating typing this message is. (IS... not IN, BlackBerry!!!)
    04-09-17 12:34 PM
    Coming from a Passport, the KEYone cannot come any sooner I tell you that

Oh and my autocorrect is set to the weakest possible other than off
    04-09-17 12:35 PM
    There is definitely some bug in the BlackBerry Keyboard that causes this to happen sometimes.
    To fix (at least temporarily): settings>>Apps>>BlackBerry Keyboard>>Storage>>Clear Data.
    shannondyer likes this.
    04-09-17 12:45 PM
    You can also download other keyboards from Google Play, such as the official Google keyboard (Gboard).
    04-09-17 12:47 PM
    I'll clear it for now, but I'll probably just wait out the K1 before downloading a new keyboard. I just don't understand why it wants to plural everything, and change unnecessary things like "like" to "lime" (wasn't even gonna use that example but it literally just happened as I was typing, and I've never even typed the word lime on (NOT IN!!!!!) this keyboard. "Had" to "has", " time" to either "times" or "tome" etc etc.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that now.
    securityboy likes this.
    04-09-17 02:07 PM
    04-09-17 02:11 PM
    I had that problem with some words in BB10 more than Android, but the solution is the same. Make a word substitute entry for us, and remember to uncheck the always use this capitalization. It used to love to switch live to love and love to live. Fixed the whole issue.
    04-09-17 02:55 PM
    Try the Google gboad. You can make it look like the BB key board and have bigger keys. It's way more customisable. Give it a go. I did as i had probs with the stock keyboard.
    securityboy likes this.
    04-09-17 04:52 PM
    I'll clear it for now, but I'll probably just wait out the K1 before downloading a new keyboard. I just don't understand why it wants to plural everything, and change unnecessary things like "like" to "lime" (wasn't even gonna use that example but it literally just happened as I was typing, and I've never even typed the word lime on (NOT IN!!!!!) this keyboard. "Had" to "has", " time" to either "times" or "tome" etc etc.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that now.
    Noticed similar issues.
    04-13-17 06:03 PM
    Try the Google gboad. You can make it look like the BB key board and have bigger keys. It's way more customisable. Give it a go. I did as i had probs with the stock keyboard.
    Definitely issues with the stock keyboard. Gboard is the best keyboard for me.
    04-13-17 06:18 PM
    My keyboard works perfectly fine. I'm very happy with it. Do you flick up (as it were) so the phone learns the words?
    04-14-17 03:41 AM