I was an having an issue with the touchscreen on my 5 week old DTEK 60. I sent the device in for warranty repair to BlackBerry's authorized repair facility in Canada. They advised my device could not be repaired and that they would send me a me one. The person on the phone assured me it would be BNIB.

Well, I received the device and it was not in a retail box as I was expecting. It was shipped in a plain white box with just the phone and a piece of paper outlining the quality checks performed prior to shipping. This device looks like a refurb to me. Suffice it to say I am not happy.

Has anyone else ever had a replacement device sent to them from the authorized BlackBerry repair center (SBE Canada)? What was the condition?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 09:12 PM
    I was an having an issue with the touchscreen on my 5 week old DTEK 60. I sent the device in for warranty repair to BlackBerry's authorized repair facility in Canada. They advised my device could not be repaired and that they would send me a me one. The person on the phone assured me it would be BNIB.

Well, I received the device and it was not in a retail box as I was expecting. It was shipped in a plain white box with just the phone and a piece of paper outlining the quality checks performed prior to shipping. This device looks like a refurb to me. Suffice it to say I am not happy.

Has anyone else ever had a replacement device sent to them from the authorized BlackBerry repair center (SBE Canada)? What was the condition?

Posted via CB10
    I got 3 classic replacements. All sent like that but it was to BlackBerry and through Telus. They were new phones allegedly...
    ahs71Z30 likes this.
    01-05-17 10:15 PM
    I got 3 classic replacements. All sent like that but it was to BlackBerry and through Telus. They were new phones allegedly...
    Thanks Mike! Allegedly is a nice way to describe it. These people have the nerve to hand out garbage refurbs to people that had brand new phones die on them. Brutal. If my phone were 11 months old and just under warranty expiry, I could deal with getting back a refurb. But no way on a brand new device that failed.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 07:56 PM
    These people have the nerve to hand out garbage refurbs....
    Your phone was NOT brand new. At that time, it was 5 weeks, allegedly, since you tore the shrink wrap off the box. If you got one of the less than 30-day old returns that was tested and cleaned, I consider that fair and they have made you whole. You didn't say your replacement has blemishes, scratches, screen defects, etc, so my bucket of tears is completely dry for you.
    LoveMyLBZ and aNGERY like this.
    01-07-17 02:57 AM
    Some advice to make this thread more fun... Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. You will get your money back. You can thank me later.

Posted via Commodore 64
    aNGERY likes this.
    01-07-17 03:00 AM
    Some advice to make this thread more fun... Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. You will get your money back. You can thank me later.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Yes, I have been mulling this option over. Believe me. But a charge back is a last resort. I am dealing with BlackBerry now and hope to come to a resolution.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:03 PM
    I am waiting on a replacement device from BRC Warranty Ingram Micro. Is there a way to find out if the replacement is a refurb? Can I contact BlackBerry with the IMEI number and have them confirm it is brand new?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:11 PM
    I am waiting on a replacement device from BRC Warranty Ingram Micro. Is there a way to find out if the replacement is a refurb? Can I contact BlackBerry with the IMEI number and have them confirm it is brand new?

Posted via CB10
    If it is not sealed in a retail box then it will be refurbished / Re certified. From BlackBerry's perspective this will be a comparable replacement. Normally I would agree if the device being sent to them was months old and not weeks and literally just outside the 30 day window. However only you can decide how 'new' your replacement device should be. You can certainly call them and give them the IMEI but I doubt they will tell you it was previously returned or used. I'd be shocked actually of they said this.

As I said in the other thread you should just initiate a return if you are within your 30 days. As you can see BlackBerry third party warranty partners are brutal to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 09:45 PM
    I nuked my BB Leap during software update - got error 22 and was asked to try again later. Phone turned off and never turned back on again. Long story short - I was asked to send it to BB (SBE Canada) for repair, since the phone was only 6 weeks old. I thought they will reload the software and will send me same phone back. But to my surprise I got a completely different phone, hastily packed in bubble wrap baggie, the phone was not even secured in the box and was freely rocking around. When I opened it I noticed that camera lens was not even covered in wrap, camera glass is caved in as if it was pressed with a finger. My retail BB did not have this, glass was straight. Overall I'm not happy. So far it has been nothing but problems and disappointment, I'll be listing it on Kijiji. Blackberry - never again.
    03-01-17 07:14 PM
    I sent this phone out for repair while I had a PayPal dispute open (wouldn't give me an advanced replacement, nor would they let me purchase a new phone and exchange this one). I wound up buying an older phone from Craigslist and sending this guy back. They alleged to have fixed it, but I still get 4 hours of battery life. Luckily, PayPal awarded the case in my favor because BlackBerry sucks *** under Chen. I regret buying this phone, the ZenFone is a superior phone for the same price. Unfortunately, I stayed loyal to BlackBerry and I paid dearly for it.
    03-01-17 09:33 PM
    This is the very reason i didn't send my 60 to the authorised 'repair' center. I googled them first and they had terrible and I mean terrible reviews. BB said I would probably get a refurb as a replacement. At over £450 I'm not having that. So far with a bigger VKB and a stilgut case all is fine now for the time being. I think it's a damn cheek sending out refurbs.
    03-02-17 04:41 AM
    I nuked my BB Leap during software update - got error 22 and was asked to try again later. Phone turned off and never turned back on again. Long story short - I was asked to send it to BB (SBE Canada) for repair, since the phone was only 6 weeks old. I thought they will reload the software and will send me same phone back. But to my surprise I got a completely different phone, hastily packed in bubble wrap baggie, the phone was not even secured in the box and was freely rocking around. When I opened it I noticed that camera lens was not even covered in wrap, camera glass is caved in as if it was pressed with a finger. My retail BB did not have this, glass was straight. Overall I'm not happy. So far it has been nothing but problems and disappointment, I'll be listing it on Kijiji. Blackberry - never again.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with SBE. I am not surprised though. Horrendous company to deal with. I don't understand why they are so repair challenged. Do they not have the skill to fix a device that comes in? It seems all they do is take your phone, sit on it for a month, claim it is not fixable, and then send you a refurbished device that is probably in way worse shape than the one you sent in.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 12:33 PM
    I sent this phone out for repair while I had a PayPal dispute open (wouldn't give me an advanced replacement, nor would they let me purchase a new phone and exchange this one). I wound up buying an older phone from Craigslist and sending this guy back. They alleged to have fixed it, but I still get 4 hours of battery life. Luckily, PayPal awarded the case in my favor because BlackBerry sucks *** under Chen. I regret buying this phone, the ZenFone is a superior phone for the same price. Unfortunately, I stayed loyal to BlackBerry and I paid dearly for it.
    Next off contract phone I buy will be from Costco. 90 day no hassle return policy.

Posted via CB10
    aNGERY likes this.
    03-04-17 12:35 PM