Please help with any possible suggestions or options.... After getting a repair shop to replace dtek60 screen immediately after turning on for 1st time the screen aspect is larger than normal to where apps, widgets, screen picture, and everything else is magnified and does not fit on to the page. When I get calls I cannot even see some of the options as the magnification level does not allow the follow letters on screen. I did verify that the replacement part ordered was indeed for a dtek60 and not any other BB but I was also told that the connector of dtek60 replacement part would not fit any other BB phone, is that correct?

I have tried everything that the repair shop and I can think of:
    * Display: - Wallpaper
    - Font Size (small, normal, large, huge)

* Accessibility: - Magnification gestures (tried off and on)
    - Large Text (off and on)

* Blackberry Launcher:
    - icon packs tried all 3 (BB 7 icon, BB 10 pack, and Andriod system pack)
    - icon layout changed icon size slider and also every grid option

Please pass along to anyone that you think might have any ideas or options to try.
    01-29-18 12:03 PM
    Please help with any possible suggestions or options.... After getting a repair shop to replace dtek60 screen immediately after turning on for 1st time the screen aspect is larger than normal to where apps, widgets, screen picture, and everything else is magnified and does not fit on to the page. When I get calls I cannot even see some of the options as the magnification level does not allow the follow letters on screen. I did verify that the replacement part ordered was indeed for a dtek60 and not any other BB but I was also told that the connector of dtek60 replacement part would not fit any other BB phone, is that correct?

I have tried everything that the repair shop and I can think of:
    * Display: - Wallpaper
    - Font Size (small, normal, large, huge)

* Accessibility: - Magnification gestures (tried off and on)
    - Large Text (off and on)

* Blackberry Launcher:
    - icon packs tried all 3 (BB 7 icon, BB 10 pack, and Andriod system pack)
    - icon layout changed icon size slider and also every grid option

Please pass along to anyone that you think might have any ideas or options to try.
    Sounds like a screen issue.....was it OEM or aftermarket. Many After Market screens have issues.
    01-29-18 01:11 PM
    Unfortunately the repair shop ordered the part from their vendor on ebay. The printout they should be is a page from the ebay page that shows it being "DT60 Screen replacement for Blackberry Dtek60" so I cannot be sure. The repairs is supposed to be under warranty but the repair shop is saying that the replacement and installation was correct and not sure what they are willing to do now. I asked for them to send screen back and I will order one myself for them to install. Lets see what they say
    01-29-18 01:28 PM
    I meant to say "The printout they showed to me is a page from ebay page shows it being "DT60 screen replacement for Blackberry Dtek60" so I cannot be sure.
    01-29-18 01:29 PM
    hello, I had a screen replacement too, the issue was immediately noticed with oversized icons and other feature being magnified. I tried many things in between I tried lowering the screen resolution, ( follow this link https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...x1280-1127744/ )

the resolution and the look was back to normal, however the phone was showing clear functionality problems. I had to reset it to factory set up twice ( this is a real pain with BB) .

I now reset it and left it as is it is, I lowered the apps and icons size with the setting. it is looking OK for at least 80% of its functions. the phone works well again too. you can try the same I did, maybe it will work for you.

hope it helps
    02-02-18 09:19 PM
    Thanks I will give it a shot. I just verified by a screenshot of homepage that the replaced screen is 1280 and not 1440 that was spec. So your link will at help until I get this incorrect screen resolved.
    02-02-18 10:29 PM
    Yeah, you were sold the wrong piece. You CAN change that Android but it won't "stick" since you can't get root on a BlackBerry and frankly, that's the wrong fix. The correct fix is to put the right screen in.
    bigjman likes this.
    02-04-18 07:48 AM
    no more fix for me I had too many issues in resizing, replacing and resetting. BlackBerry is among the best phone out there, however, if you need assistance or repairs. well then good luck because you are screwed. if then you are not in USA or Canada, forget about it. you are pretty much on your own ending up to find your own fixes here and there.

sad but true
    02-05-18 06:42 AM