After quite a few last frustrating months of performing several factory wipes and reboots and installing apps one by one in order to weed out possible suspect apps draining the battery only to still have to charge the phone several times a day I bought a battery off of a fellow on ebay for an "alcatel Idol 4s".

Before I go further I will say that the phone does get glitchy sometimes and burns through the battery even faster once certain apps are updated usually corrected with a soft restart..

The problem with this phone is you have GOOGLE play and services "spying on you" and running a lot of stuff in the background - now on top of that you BLackberry hub and services "spying on you" and running their stuff in the background... I can attest to this personally as a few weeks ago I looked up a an address on google maps followed by another search on google maps for the nearest hotel to that address and within 5 minutes I received a BBM notification. That notification was not from a friend or my wife it was an add for hotels in branford ontario where I just searched for a hotel on google maps....this is a perfect example of how blackberry is now spying on google.....and I believe the 2 clash sometimes causing an unwanted battery drain and as mentioned before usually fixed with a soft restart..

Ok back to the battery, after watching several Youtube videos I gave it a shot the other day - don't be intimidated by the videos - they all tend to show the battery as being one of the last things removed when in fact it can be the first component removed after disconnecting the fingerprint/camera cable.
    I was kinda worried as the "new" battery had a manufacture date of 2015 november a full 2 years old... to my surprise when i first plugged the charger in and it gave a reading of 45% charge....well it worked and works well. I am getting a whole day out of my phone again.. for how long I don't know -- but i just didn't wanna drop another 700 bucks plus on another phone so soon and aside from the battery issue on this one it's been a great phone..
    The strange thing is that the battery I took out of the phone had a manufacture date of 2016 october - a year younger than the new one I put in.....

I had a new cell phone in mind and called to check "stock" of the day incase the battery change is didn't go so well and I unintentionally damaged it and it would turn on again ..

Hope this post can help others.
    FF22 and moonflyer like this.
    12-03-17 08:20 AM
    After quite a few last frustrating months of performing several factory wipes and reboots and installing apps one by one in order to weed out possible suspect apps draining the battery only to still have to charge the phone several times a day I bought a battery off of a fellow on ebay for an "alcatel Idol 4s".

Before I go further I will say that the phone does get glitchy sometimes and burns through the battery even faster once certain apps are updated usually corrected with a soft restart..

The problem with this phone is you have GOOGLE play and services "spying on you" and running a lot of stuff in the background - now on top of that you BLackberry hub and services "spying on you" and running their stuff in the background... I can attest to this personally as a few weeks ago I looked up a an address on google maps followed by another search on google maps for the nearest hotel to that address and within 5 minutes I received a BBM notification. That notification was not from a friend or my wife it was an add for hotels in branford ontario where I just searched for a hotel on google maps....this is a perfect example of how blackberry is now spying on google.....and I believe the 2 clash sometimes causing an unwanted battery drain and as mentioned before usually fixed with a soft restart..

Ok back to the battery, after watching several Youtube videos I gave it a shot the other day - don't be intimidated by the videos - they all tend to show the battery as being one of the last things removed when in fact it can be the first component removed after disconnecting the fingerprint/camera cable.
    I was kinda worried as the "new" battery had a manufacture date of 2015 november a full 2 years old... to my surprise when i first plugged the charger in and it gave a reading of 45% charge....well it worked and works well. I am getting a whole day out of my phone again.. for how long I don't know -- but i just didn't wanna drop another 700 bucks plus on another phone so soon and aside from the battery issue on this one it's been a great phone..
    The strange thing is that the battery I took out of the phone had a manufacture date of 2016 october - a year younger than the new one I put in.....

I had a new cell phone in mind and called to check "stock" of the day incase the battery change is didn't go so well and I unintentionally damaged it and it would turn on again ..

How did you manage to change the battery? How did you get the DTEK60 open? How did you re-seal it ?
    12-03-17 12:16 PM
    How did you manage to change the battery? How did you get the DTEK60 open? How did you re-seal it ?
    I explained in my post -- you tube ....

I didnt pull the battery stickies out like they showed in the video -- i just pried the old one out and stuck the new one in on the old sticky stuff...

Back cover just glued back on the original adhesive....
    moonflyer likes this.
    12-03-17 04:37 PM
    ONE MORE THING,
    If your right handed like I am the phone will be upside down as you prying off the back glass "its actually plastic" which means that you will actually be starting from the left side of the phone. There is a small 1mm coaxial cable just around the lower end of the sim/microsd housing very close to the edge which is actually the antenna wire . The antenna itself is on the bottom of the phone but the coax cable connects to it. I seemed to have damaged it while prying of the back. I just took the phone apart again and set up a shim to keep it pressed in place....
    so when taking the back off work all the way around the phone both ways and avoid near the lower sim/microsd holder at which point that last section should just come of on its own..
    Ya the videos don't tell you that...
    seems to be working good now..
    Oh the joys of owning a blackberry...lol
    12-03-17 05:55 PM
    Sent it to BlackBerry repair and they replaced the battery for free. I bought dtek60 a week from launch phone is 2 years old. They did not complain about out of warranty since there is legal warranty in Canada. Overall good service. Hopefully the new battery will let it live another 2 years. What was killing it was MKX mobile.
    02-07-18 08:43 AM
    Now put Accubattery on the phone and set it to alert you at 80%.

Charge a couple of times to 100% to condition the battery (lithium cells require a few charges to 100% to gain full capacity when new) and then DO NOT charge beyond 80% - unplug there. That should materially extend battery life -- enough that the next time this happens you won't care as the bands covered will have expanded enough that you'll want a new phone anyway.
    02-07-18 08:55 AM
    Guys, the OP pointed that his instance of BBMo'ed Android is selling his personal data right and left without his conset. Probably, now BlackBerry is way too China-adopted to be used outside of that country.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    02-08-18 01:32 AM

Thank you.

I had the same problem, bad battery.

I changed it.
    Not that difficult.
    Changed it 3 days ago.
    Still going trough the full charge full discharge.

Two problems through.
    One , the back doesn't close so well now.
    All the peeling doesn't help.
    I'll wait a few days to see if I'll have to come up with a solution to glue it (perhaps strong glue , but i won't be able to open it again . Don't intend either, hope this battery lasts me long - bought an alcatel battery by the way, on eBay.... That's on good thing about having a "clone" phone!!)

The second and really s*itty problem is with the sim card.
    I think like it happend to you.

The sim card is recognised but unable to connect.
    The strange thing is that this3 days,, yesterday out of the air it started working . But when i turned it off , the problem come back. No network.
    Tried several things.
    Sure it is not software problem...

Today network turned up again.. Them off again... The on again...
    I'll have to open it against and see if i damaged something.

PS, about the charge discharge to 80% and using that app, accucharge, i think. The problem is it doesn't stop the charge when it reaches your desired % and doesn't warn you if you have it charging off, witch is something recommend also.
    03-31-18 06:53 AM
    Thank you.

I had the same problem, bad battery.

I changed it.
    Not that difficult.
    Changed it 3 days ago.
    Still going trough the full charge full discharge.

Two problems through.
    One , the back doesn't close so well now.
    All the peeling doesn't help.
    I'll wait a few days to see if I'll have to come up with a solution to glue it (perhaps strong glue , but i won't be able to open it again . Don't intend either, hope this battery lasts me long - bought an alcatel battery by the way, on eBay.... That's on good thing about having a "clone" phone!!)

The second and really s*itty problem is with the sim card.
    I think like it happend to you.

The sim card is recognised but unable to connect.
    The strange thing is that this3 days,, yesterday out of the air it started working . But when i turned it off , the problem come back. No network.
    Tried several things.
    Sure it is not software problem...

Today network turned up again.. Them off again... The on again...
    I'll have to open it against and see if i damaged something.

PS, about the charge discharge to 80% and using that app, accucharge, i think. The problem is it doesn't stop the charge when it reaches your desired % and doesn't warn you if you have it charging off, witch is something recommend also.
    The antenna wire is loose - it comes out of the the socket.. this is the PROBLEM of why the battery is draining fast to begin with ....
    Did you ever notice the phone gets unusually warm on the top right side of it while surfing the net or talikng on it?
    That is where the antenna transmitter is ....the conection gets loose causing the transmitter to heat up and giving you battery drain..
    The battery gets destroyed in the process of so many charge/discharge cycles due to the "antenna connection " problem.
    By taking it apart you have now fully dislodged the antenna cable just as I did during my disassemble and reassemble..

Its not your fault it has been faulty since day one...

I have another post explaining all this.. try to snap the cable socket back on to the pin and even put in a small cut out of plastic or paper on top of the connection when putting the back cover on so the pressure stay on the cable and it doesnt come loose again...

Ultimately I played around with this a few times and just gave up.....the cable was not clicking properly into the socket as intended - prolly a factory defect.....
    Your better off just ordering a new antenna cable ....
    03-31-18 08:13 AM
    Hi,

Just checked it.

I cut the cable, near the tip. A few mm to the connection point

Looks like i"ll have to order a new antenna ......
    03-31-18 07:16 PM
    I picked up my DTec60 Sept 2017. Recently I am having battery problems as described above, namely shutting down with 30 to 40% left in the batteries. Battery dying after 2 hours etc. I probably need a replacement battery as I am heading to EU soon. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement and I will install it myself.
    04-16-18 11:16 AM
    I picked up my DTec60 Sept 2017. Recently I am having battery problems as described above, namely shutting down with 30 to 40% left in the batteries. Battery dying after 2 hours etc. I probably need a replacement battery as I am heading to EU soon. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement and I will install it myself.
    Don't know where your located, but this place was recommended by another user here.
    04-19-18 10:41 AM
    I called BlackBerry regarding the bad battery. I did a test, dropped 85% of power in two hours. So it was sent in on Friday afternoon and returned to me the following Thursday with a new battery. Was sent to Mississauga Ontario.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    04-28-18 01:30 PM
    Guys, the OP pointed that his instance of BBMo'ed Android is selling his personal data right and left without his conset. Probably, now BlackBerry is way too China-adopted to be used outside of that country.

Z30 >> DTEK60
    BlackBerry Mobile is not selling anyone's data. Google on the other hand is a different story and that's up to you what you share
    04-28-18 01:36 PM
    Where can one get an antenna cable from? I'm from the UK.
    08-13-18 08:14 AM
    Where can one get an antenna cable from? I'm from the UK.
    https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...rry_DTEK60/en/

Posted via CB10
    08-15-18 06:29 PM
    Thank you.
    09-04-18 07:53 AM
    so I don't need screw drivers to replace the battery right? just open back cover, remove fingerprint scanner connection, remove battery connection, pull off, put new n connent , done ? @TheCLEANSER
    09-13-18 01:07 PM
    so I don't need screw drivers to replace the battery right? just open back cover, remove fingerprint scanner connection, remove battery connection, pull off, put new n connent , done ? @TheCLEANSER
    Close. The battery has 3 adhesive strips on it, that are easily accessible if you pull the motherboard off. I did it without pulling them off, bent the old battery a little, and then punctured it with my flat sheet of metal tool. It sparked a little, began smoking, and I did a combat extraction the rest of the way and threw it out the door like a James Bond watch. I would suggest just pulling the motherboard off, it isn't hard, and there's a youtube video detailing it.

Also, make sure that radio cable is snug in place before you close it back up, it will cause massive draining issues and overheating if not perfectly connected.
    09-13-18 02:34 PM
    Close. The battery has 3 adhesive strips on it, that are easily accessible if you pull the motherboard off. I did it without pulling them off, bent the old battery a little, and then punctured it with my flat sheet of metal tool. It sparked a little, began smoking, and I did a combat extraction the rest of the way and threw it out the door like a James Bond watch. I would suggest just pulling the motherboard off, it isn't hard, and there's a youtube video detailing it.

Also, make sure that radio cable is snug in place before you close it back up, it will cause massive draining issues and overheating if not perfectly connected.
    Scary ****. I better visit a expert I think
    09-14-18 01:16 AM
    Scary ****. I better visit a expert I think
    For real though, just be careful, go slow, and you'll be fine. I didn't know about the easy way when I did it.
    09-14-18 01:39 AM
    I just don't have all tools required ... so recap, whatever I missed was to remove 13 screws , unplug everything shown, remove motherboard and then work on battery?
    09-14-18 02:36 AM
    oh I just can't tell you how easy it went. since it was 2nd battery replacement I could remove back cover by nails .. yeah ... and I just pulled up the battery by a sharp object.. no tapes were found below just some sticky gum .. so I put the new battery and closed the back again. done . phone is like new again
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    09-15-18 03:45 AM
    Thanks to the info here I replaced the battery yesterday. Got it at Amazon and it came with a tool set. I have 18% left and it's been almost 22 hours since the first full charge. So far so good.
    LoveMyLBZ and aodash like this.
    09-25-18 10:14 AM
    Just changed mine today and so far so good! Make sure you read all the advice here! Especially when removing the battery as there is an adhesive attached to the flex connector that's connected at the bottom for the mic/speaker.
    01-24-19 09:00 AM
28 12