Agreed. Hated priv. Sold it went to s7 edge. Sold s7 edge and went to dtek50. Now son has 50 and i have 60. Realizing the only thing that really separates these phones nowadays are the cameras. S7 edge is overrated. Day 31's black lines of crappie overpriced cheap parts. Samsung never again.
    Attached Thumbnails Regrets, switching back to my Priv-img_20160609_151520.jpg  
    11-07-16 07:36 AM
    It's a big step up.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!
    11-07-16 10:13 AM
    I am entirely on the other side.

The Priv is a nice device. But compared against the DTEK60, the only plus it has is the PKB. It's heavier, bulkier, has inferior battery life, inferior CPU, identical camera performance on the main and grossly inferior on the front, screens are comparable with a slight edge to the DTEK60 (especially outdoors in full sun) and the Bluetooth is more-stable (no idea why, but it is with wireless headphones.)
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    11-07-16 10:13 AM
    Funny enough my antutu test results show the dtek60 out performing the pixel....and as far as low light conditions goes....dtek60 does great.
    Thanks for the post!
    11-07-16 10:16 AM
    Pick up s7 edge and you will be happy, both price and dtek are Half baked.
    Well, the Samsung S7 Edge better be fantastic, because here in Canada it retails for $999.00 CAN.

The DTEK60 bundle from BlackBerry is at $650 CAN (with free BlackBerry case and free BlackBerry rapid charger) , or $650 CAN from Crackberry (with free BlackBerry leather flip case, free BlackBerry rapid charger and free BlackBerry 12,009 mHa battery with two USB ports).

The Samsung Edge S7 is essentially TWICE the price of the DTEK60 here in Canada.
    11-07-16 10:24 AM
    Sorry I mean priv not price
    As per my earlier quite, the Samsung 7S Edge is about twice the price off contract (999$) of the DTEK60 here in Canada (650$, with about 150$ of free BlackBerry accessories).

So the Samsung 7S Edge better spew out gold coins when I hit the camera shutter at 999$!!
    11-07-16 10:31 AM
    People who use selfies aren't 13 and below. Cringe.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Everyone I know takes selfies and photos on vacation, at work, and just going for walks. A good "selfie" camera is essential for business meetings, Skyping, and social media in general. And these trends will only continue and grow....
    anon(9158709) likes this.
    11-07-16 10:34 AM
    I'm not happy with my Priv. It freezes and has power drains intermittently. Unacceptable for a $600-700 phone IMO.

Sadly price of used Privs is not great. Will have to hang in for a while unless someone else wants to go back to Priv and trade with me. Lol.
    11-07-16 10:46 AM
    Price of used Privs (a year or thereabouts at this point) is much higher even in modest or poor condition than IMHO they should be.
    11-07-16 12:11 PM
    Pick up s7 edge and you will be happy, both price and dtek are Half baked.
    What's so half baked about the Dtek60 in comparison to the s7 edge?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 12:43 PM
    What's so half baked about the Dtek60 in comparison to the s7 edge?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely nothing. He's just being silly.
    11-07-16 01:07 PM
    Generally have liked my Priv and the overheating issue went away months ago for me. Never got wireless charging to work unfortunately. Hardly ever use the PKB as I thought I would. So, seriously thinking of the DTEK60.
    HOWEVER, didn't realise that it didn't have the multi LED. Could be a deal breaker.
    11-07-16 01:16 PM
    That's not hard at the price differential. If the Pixel XL was $499 you'd have a point. But the problem is that the Pixel XL is hideously more expensive (and remember, you need the BIG one, not the 32Gb model either as it has no SD slot!) -- got $849 laying around?
    In the OP's initial comments, was mentioned Wireless Charging - do either of the Pixels have wireless charging? Not that I'm switching anytime soon.
    11-07-16 02:22 PM
    So what's the fuzz with a higher spec'd device when all you do with it is take selfies, post to FB, send and received messages through social media apps , make calls and yes, play games.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky.
    Probably games, I'd guess. Yep... games. That seems like an area where spec's would make pretty big difference.
    11-07-16 02:38 PM
    You are correct about the thinness and the 60 being slippery. I dropped mine and the glass back shattered into a spider Web design. It's off to BlackBerry to get fixed. They don't have blackberry care protection for it and I believe it is for that very reason. Lots will be dropping it. I guarantee it unless you wrap it up into a cocoon case.
    11-07-16 07:07 PM
    There's no justification for Pixel XL against the DTEK60 unless you're willing to toss down 70% for money for a camera that performs better under certain specific conditions (specifically, low light available-light shooting.) I don't see $250 worth of additional product in the Pixel XL -- not even close -- and with the lack of the SD slot I'm forced to compare against the big one since I cannot fit what I carry with me in 32Gb less operating system overhead.
    Google phones don't have bloatware and have better software support. The Nexus 5, released 3 years ago will receive Nougat whereas the Samsung S4 released the same year, is stuck at Lollipop. Then, there's the thing with the phone being rootable and flashable with custom firmware.

So, Pixel's price is fully justified if you want a fast, highly customizable, high-end, very well supported Android phone.
    11-07-16 08:02 PM
    In the OP's initial comments, was mentioned Wireless Charging - do either of the Pixels have wireless charging? Not that I'm switching anytime soon.
    No wireless charging on Pixels..
    11-07-16 08:48 PM
    This is good insight for one deciding whether to get a Dtek 60 or Priv. Thanks for the comparisons.
    11-07-16 09:34 PM
    I have the Priv right now, been using for 1 year. Since MM update in April? It has been a great setup.

Other than what seems to be very bad reception compared to BB10 phones, and the lack of a rugged case, I simply cannot justify dumping it for the 60.

Dumping this for another that is slightly thinner, lighter and faster seems like a very similar rhetoric from another friut company... just can't make the numbers work, but if you need a new phone it sounds like a great value.
    11-07-16 10:22 PM
    You are correct about the thinness and the 60 being slippery. I dropped mine and the glass back shattered into a spider Web design. It's off to BlackBerry to get fixed. They don't have blackberry care protection for it and I believe it is for that very reason. Lots will be dropping it. I guarantee it unless you wrap it up into a cocoon case.
    And you didn't put the shell on because.......?
    11-07-16 10:38 PM
    My priv still runs fantastic. I don't see any reason to make the jump to some crap Chinese hardware either lol.
    11-07-16 11:18 PM
    I would imagine they dont have hardware coverage because they didn't make the hardware
    johnnywadiii likes this.
    11-07-16 11:19 PM
    I'm having mixed thoughts about buying a cheap Priv vs a new 60...

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 12:58 AM
    That's not hard at the price differential. If the Pixel XL was $499 you'd have a point. But the problem is that the Pixel XL is hideously more expensive (and remember, you need the BIG one, not the 32Gb model either as it has no SD slot!) -- got $849 laying around?

That's 70% more than a DTEK60.

But even the 32Gb is IMHO crazy at $749; that's 50% more money than the DTEK60 and​ you are giving up memory expansion permanently in either case, which is likely to drive people to the bigger one.

The iPhone 7Plus has basically the same ticket and no-slot restriction associated with its acquisition (along with another option in the 256gb storage size if you're particularly masochistic or just hate money) for yet ANOTHER $100.

There's no justification for Pixel XL against the DTEK60 unless you're willing to toss down 70% for money for a camera that performs better under certain specific conditions (specifically, low light available-light shooting.) I don't see $250 worth of additional product in the Pixel XL -- not even close -- and with the lack of the SD slot I'm forced to compare against the big one since I cannot fit what I carry with me in 32Gb less operating system overhead.
    Well summarised.

I'm yet awaiting delivery this week for DTEK60 so can't comment on phone overall but what you say makes a whole lot of sense.
    johnnywadiii likes this.
    11-08-16 02:53 AM
    The DTEK60 definitely holds its battery life far better when not in use even though it's a smaller battery
    Mine is burning 5-7% per hour when not in use.
    11-08-16 04:18 AM
99 1234