I almost used it for a month, and gave it to my Dad, now am rocking back with my Passport. I am not an app guy. So Passport rocks for me and I don't like the blend of bb10 in Android. It's just not good.

Posted via CB10
    Kot Prada, bigjman and Pool5 like this.
    11-10-16 12:21 AM
    I am with you, and I think the pkb is the main reason, for me...
    11-10-16 05:51 AM
    I almost used it for a month, and gave it to my Dad, now am rocking back with my Passport. I am not an app guy. So Passport rocks for me and I don't like the blend of bb10 in Android. It's just not good.

Posted via CB10
    I am really happy to hear honest and objective opinion. Unlike that protect-my-dumb-android-choice opinions.
    11-10-16 06:19 AM
    Google phones don't have bloatware and have better software support. The Nexus 5, released 3 years ago will receive Nougat whereas the Samsung S4 released the same year, is stuck at Lollipop. Then, there's the thing with the phone being rootable and flashable with custom firmware.

So, Pixel's price is fully justified if you want a fast, highly customizable, high-end, very well supported Android phone.
    BlackBerry android phones don't have bloat ware either.
    The nexus 5 isn't getting nougat. (you could Google it)
    So no the Pixel's price isn't really justified.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-10-16 06:41 AM
    Are you half baked while you type this? My brother prefers the DTEK60 to his S7 Edge.
    No I am well done with s7 edge.....especially with android N.....
    Regrets, switching back to my Priv-img_20161110_173347.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 08:34 AM
    And you didn't put the shell on because.......?
    I've always enjoyed using any Cell naked. I preferred the slip case and have never dropped the phone when not in the case. I've ordered a flip case now but have the issue of being left handed with a right handed case. All the lefties out there will know what I mean. Anyone know of a flip case that is good and hinged on the right side?
    11-10-16 08:41 AM
    The S7 is a nice device and with the Samsung crapware off it it's even nicer.

But, it doesn't come with the BB suite of apps (you can buy the subscription for all but DTEK itself and the keyboard) and it's quite a bit more expensive.

At the end of the day the question is always about price paid for value received. BlackBerry has always considered their "special sauce" to be worth a hell of a lot, and their products have tended to be right at the top of the price ladder.

Not any more. Now they're in the middle of the price ladder, and what you're getting is a flagship device at a price one slot above mid-tier -- which makes them a hell of a value.
    I couldn't agree more.
    11-10-16 08:47 AM
    A glass phone is nice but prone to glass break when dropped...remember when the iPhone 4 came out!. If you don't want a case check out some of the loops that can be sticked to the back and help retain the device one handed. It won't protect the camera lens or keep it from sliding of the car seat or sofa.

Edit: I find it too thin barely have anything to gripe. Wireless charging is ok but I found it required to be too precisely laid down that if the table was bumped it would loose connection and no charging.
    I dropped my 60 on a ceramic floor from counter height and cracked the back into a spider Web. Sent it into BlackBerry to get fixed. OUCH! Will let you know how much. I also always enjoyed using it without any case but not when it is so smooth that it can slip more easily. Still it is a great phone. The best one I've ever used. If you don't need a pkb then this is the blackberry for you. Smooth, quick, light and great battery life.
    11-10-16 08:54 AM
    Maybe I am alone but I am not super impressed by the 60. I had frustrations with my Priv, mainly due to the "no service" problem with AT&T. And the Priv actually has been running hot more frequently. In addition, I am not thrilled with the Priv pkb so I had been using the vkb far more than the pkb.

I bought the 60. It's a damn good device, yes... BUT. And here are the buts.

First, I dislike how difficult it is to hold onto the thing. It is slippery and maybe even too thin.

Second, I frankly do not see the big improvement due to the statistically better hardware. Yes, it is smoother when scrolling. Otherwise, not noticeable to me.

Third, I definitely miss the pkb. I miss using it to scroll, especially since sometimes scrolling on the actual screen erroneously causes something to be selected. I miss using the Priv pkb, despite its suboptimal design, when I really truly must send perfectly typed email.

Fourth, I missed sitting my device on a cordless charging stand. I have one at bedside and one on my desk at work. It's super convenient and I can still look at and use the device while it charged. Not so with the 60, obviously.

Fifth, the Priv camera us damn good. I don't give a crap about the quality of the selfie camera because, well, I am older than 13.

Sixth I miss the multicolored LED. I actually like how I can customize notifications by different colors.

Bottom line - I am returning the 60. I will likely buy the next pkb device. If it ever comes. Meanwhile I will enjoy my somewhat imperfect Priv.
    You raise some super valid points , it's funny cause I enjoyed losing the weight of the Priv in comparison to the 60 but weight in electronic has always meant to me...SOLID COMPONENTS!!

The verdict is still out for me on the camera. The picture quality is very good with the 60, but I'm having a hard time getting past the image stabilization quality of the Priv which may make the Priv Camera superior
    11-10-16 09:09 AM
    Thanks for this,

Priv user here and I share all the views you've stated and I haven't even used the dtek60.

How ever, I still feel the dtek60 in the long run will be a better device due to the priv over heating , battery life and performance as well as future android update supports and the 820 is vastly superior to the 808.

I won't buy the dtek as I'm waiting on the mercury because the pkb is just too important to me.
    I share same opinion with you .
    I would love to upgrade my Priv to the DTEK 60 mainly because of its battery life but PKB is very important for me !
    11-10-16 05:38 PM
    I've always enjoyed using any Cell naked. I preferred the slip case and have never dropped the phone when not in the case. I've ordered a flip case now but have the issue of being left handed with a right handed case. All the lefties out there will know what I mean. Anyone know of a flip case that is good and hinged on the right side?
    I personally feel it borders on irrationality to use a high end smartphone naked. Drop it once, unless it's a cat s60 or samsung active and you're out $600 or more. $20 for a good cover or case is peace of mind.

On the other hand, for cheap budget phones that are made of plastic and not glass, they seem more resistant to physical damage and do just fine without a case. Smaller phones are sturdier too. I never put anything on my lumia or bold. My passport, on the other hand, is encased in a solid leather case.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-11-16 02:42 PM
    Maybe I am alone but I am not super impressed by the 60. I had frustrations with my Priv, mainly due to the "no service" problem with AT&T. And the Priv actually has been running hot more frequently. In addition, I am not thrilled with the Priv pkb so I had been using the vkb far more than the pkb.

I bought the 60. It's a damn good device, yes... BUT. And here are the buts.

First, I dislike how difficult it is to hold onto the thing. It is slippery and maybe even too thin.

Second, I frankly do not see the big improvement due to the statistically better hardware. Yes, it is smoother when scrolling. Otherwise, not noticeable to me.

Third, I definitely miss the pkb. I miss using it to scroll, especially since sometimes scrolling on the actual screen erroneously causes something to be selected. I miss using the Priv pkb, despite its suboptimal design, when I really truly must send perfectly typed email.

Fourth, I missed sitting my device on a cordless charging stand. I have one at bedside and one on my desk at work. It's super convenient and I can still look at and use the device while it charged. Not so with the 60, obviously.

Fifth, the Priv camera us damn good. I don't give a crap about the quality of the selfie camera because, well, I am older than 13.

Sixth I miss the multicolored LED. I actually like how I can customize notifications by different colors.

Bottom line - I am returning the 60. I will likely buy the next pkb device. If it ever comes. Meanwhile I will enjoy my somewhat imperfect Priv.
    I'll buy your 60
    11-11-16 07:40 PM
    I updated my original opinion.

And here's another update after another full immersion period of DTEK60.

- Much much faster and much smoother than Priv.
    - Love the fingerprint sign in
    - Love the lighter weight feel, but the thin profile is less important because it's too slippery to use without a case
    - after another week, there is zero heating
    - much better connecting to networks and to wifi than Priv
    - screen is terrific
    - the charging speed is incredibly fast and definitely is more important than the absence of wireless charging
    - I miss the rgb led
    - I still don't care about the high quality selfie camera. I'm not part of that bizarre narcissistic culture. Sorry if that's offensive.
    - I have accepted no more pkb... and I have used the Blackberry since literally the first device they ever sold and never stopped extolling the importance of the pkb, until this.

Now I'm done. I'm selling the Priv. A device better in concept than implementation, in retrospect.
    11-12-16 08:53 AM
    There is a definite adjustment to be made. I held onto my Z10 until now because I was waiting for the Hub to move to Android. It's not the exact same thing but I will give it a go. I will still run z10 alongside it because like you I've gotten used to not using apps other than Whatsapp.

Anything else I do on my laptop.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-12-16 09:11 AM
    I updated my original opinion.

And here's another update after another full immersion period of DTEK60.

- Much much faster and much smoother than Priv.
    - Love the fingerprint sign in
    - Love the lighter weight feel, but the thin profile is less important because it's too slippery to use without a case
    - after another week, there is zero heating
    - much better connecting to networks and to wifi than Priv
    - screen is terrific
    - the charging speed is incredibly fast and definitely is more important than the absence of wireless charging
    - I miss the rgb led
    - I still don't care about the high quality selfie camera. I'm not part of that bizarre narcissistic culture. Sorry if that's offensive.
    - I have accepted no more pkb... and I have used the Blackberry since literally the first device they ever sold and never stopped extolling the importance of the pkb, until this.

Now I'm done. I'm selling the Priv. A device better in concept than implementation, in retrospect.
    Agree 100%
    11-13-16 10:29 PM
    There is a definite adjustment to be made. I held onto my Z10 until now because I was waiting for the Hub to move to Android. It's not the exact same thing but I will give it a go. I will still run z10 alongside it because like you I've gotten used to not using apps other than Whatsapp.

Anything else I do on my laptop.
    Same for me. The problem is that WhatsApp will be discontinued soon... and Skype would be not bad on Z10 (Android version of Skype is a total **** on BB10).
    11-14-16 05:38 AM
    Same for me. The problem is that WhatsApp will be discontinued soon... and Skype would be not bad on Z10 (Android version of Skype is a total **** on BB10).
    And of course both Skype and whatsapp are perfect on the DTEK60 (btw try Zoom as a video conference app, so much better than Skype)
    11-14-16 07:35 AM
    Those 2 are more expensive. The deal right now to me is to buy a Galaxy S7, especially if you can have it with Exynos processor that's way better than Snapdragon 820 or 821

It's a 8 month old phone so you can get it much cheaper, and camera better than the Pixel in a lot of areas
    That Exynos is the only thing I'm really interested in from Samsung...but the 820 seems like a very solid chip...so far I'm happy with the DTEK60.
    11-14-16 07:36 AM
    That Exynos is the only thing I'm really interested in from Samsung...but the 820 seems like a very solid chip...so far I'm happy with the DTEK60.
    Samsung still has the best AMOLED screens, and best rear camera on par with the Pixel.
    11-14-16 08:50 AM
    My wife has the DTEK50 and I have the Priv, she loves the DTEK50 for it is light. I assume the DTEK60 is similar?
    Great phones, just what a family needs..
    11-14-16 09:52 AM
    EDITED POST, CHANGED CONCLUSION. SEE POST OF NOVEMBER 12 later in thread.

...Maybe I am alone but I am not super impressed by the ...

New Bottom line - I am now committed to the DTEK60 and selling the Priv
    Good choice.

Always knew you were wrong the first time. I sold my priv 2 or so weeks ago and got the DTEK60.

Fantastic phone.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-14-16 10:20 PM
    And of course both Skype and whatsapp are perfect on the DTEK60 (btw try Zoom as a video conference app, so much better than Skype)
    Honestly, I don't care... since using Android is pain in ***.

Thanks for Zoom advice. But it depends on services my partners use. So are Skype, WhatsApp and BBM. Therefore, looks like Windows 10 is more suitable for me.
    11-15-16 05:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    wait, what?! Blend works with DTEK60???

I'm assuming Link also does not work... haven't tried.
    11-15-16 06:17 AM
    wait, what?! Blend works with DTEK60???

I'm assuming Link also does not work... haven't tried.
    Android + BB10 = Blend :P

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 10:41 PM
99 ... 234