Mine is burning 5-7% per hour when not in use.
    Exactly like my 3 years old Z10 does
    hoangphuong00 likes this.
    11-08-16 04:24 AM
    Exactly like my 3 years old Z10 does
    But this is contrary to other' experiences of it. After the OS update it had improved but it still isn't the same as others are getting.
    11-08-16 04:44 AM
    Maybe I am alone but I am not super impressed by the 60. I had frustrations with my Priv, mainly due to the "no service" problem with AT&T. And the Priv actually has been running hot more frequently. In addition, I am not thrilled with the Priv pkb so I had been using the vkb far more than the pkb.

I bought the 60. It's a damn good device, yes... BUT. And here are the buts.

First, I dislike how difficult it is to hold onto the thing. It is slippery and maybe even too thin.

Second, I frankly do not see the big improvement due to the statistically better hardware. Yes, it is smoother when scrolling. Otherwise, not noticeable to me.

Third, I definitely miss the pkb. I miss using it to scroll, especially since sometimes scrolling on the actual screen erroneously causes something to be selected. I miss using the Priv pkb, despite its suboptimal design, when I really truly must send perfectly typed email.

Fourth, I missed sitting my device on a cordless charging stand. I have one at bedside and one on my desk at work. It's super convenient and I can still look at and use the device while it charged. Not so with the 60, obviously.

Fifth, the Priv camera us damn good. I don't give a crap about the quality of the selfie camera because, well, I am older than 13.

Sixth I miss the multicolored LED. I actually like how I can customize notifications by different colors.

Bottom line - I am returning the 60. I will likely buy the next pkb device. If it ever comes. Meanwhile I will enjoy my somewhat imperfect Priv.

Apart from the 2nd and partly the 5th point, you knew all the others before getting the device....sorry it's not your device though. I don't have one yet but hope it's the right one for me....i don't wanna regret missing the S7 edge for it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 04:56 AM
    Absolutely nothing. He's just being silly.
    Dear friend, everybody can have their own opinion....if you are happy with grilled priv and chenese Dtek that is fine!
    I choose s7, which can be rooted for example, which is not possible with dtek and priv.
    Be polite the whole world will love you!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 05:17 AM
    The S7 is a nice device and with the Samsung crapware off it it's even nicer.

But, it doesn't come with the BB suite of apps (you can buy the subscription for all but DTEK itself and the keyboard) and it's quite a bit more expensive.

At the end of the day the question is always about price paid for value received. BlackBerry has always considered their "special sauce" to be worth a hell of a lot, and their products have tended to be right at the top of the price ladder.

Not any more. Now they're in the middle of the price ladder, and what you're getting is a flagship device at a price one slot above mid-tier -- which makes them a hell of a value.
    johnnywadiii likes this.
    11-08-16 08:16 AM
    The S7 is a nice device and with the Samsung crapware off it it's even nicer.

But, it doesn't come with the BB suite of apps (you can buy the subscription for all but DTEK itself and the keyboard) and it's quite a bit more expensive.

At the end of the day the question is always about price paid for value received. BlackBerry has always considered their "special sauce" to be worth a hell of a lot, and their products have tended to be right at the top of the price ladder.

Not any more. Now they're in the middle of the price ladder, and what you're getting is a flagship device at a price one slot above mid-tier -- which makes them a hell of a value.
    Well said! Totally agree!
    11-08-16 09:09 AM
    Thanks for this,

Priv user here and I share all the views you've stated and I haven't even used the dtek60.

How ever, I still feel the dtek60 in the long run will be a better device due to the priv over heating , battery life and performance as well as future android update supports and the 820 is vastly superior to the 808.

I won't buy the dtek as I'm waiting on the mercury because the pkb is just too important to me.
    11-08-16 09:20 AM
    Thanks for this,

Priv user here and I share all the views you've stated and I haven't even used the dtek60.

How ever, I still feel the dtek60 in the long run will be a better device due to the priv over heating , battery life and performance as well as future android update supports and the 820 is vastly superior to the 808.

I won't buy the dtek as I'm waiting on the mercury because the pkb is just too important to me.
    So I decided to keep trying the 60 instead of returning it so quickly, since I do have 30 days.

I have changed a bit:

I now appreciate the slimmer and lighter form factor. I still worry that it's slippery; btw, no - adding a case is illogical since it then makes the phone lose the advantages of the slimmer lighter form factor.

I now think the phone is significantly faster and far smoother than the Priv.

I'm getting used to the missing rgb led but there's no doubt that it's a deficiency.

I'm not missing the pkb of the Priv that much, but only because I didn't use it that much. If I had a great pkb, I would love it.

I love the super fast charging of this phone. I miss the ease of the wireless charging stand though.

As of this minute, and after reading that painful, indeed asinine fix of the "no service" problem on the Priv, I am more disgusted with the Priv. Sort of unforgivable to go weeks with that serious of a problem. To me, the device is a business device, not a toy that I can do without or deal with rebooting several times per day.
    11-08-16 09:38 AM
    A glass phone is nice but prone to glass break when dropped...remember when the iPhone 4 came out!. If you don't want a case check out some of the loops that can be sticked to the back and help retain the device one handed. It won't protect the camera lens or keep it from sliding of the car seat or sofa.

Edit: I find it too thin barely have anything to gripe. Wireless charging is ok but I found it required to be too precisely laid down that if the table was bumped it would loose connection and no charging.
    11-08-16 09:55 AM
    Mines like 1-2% an hour. The battery is just too good.
    Attached Thumbnails Regrets, switching back to my Priv-3717.jpg  
    RichardAitch likes this.
    11-08-16 11:09 AM
    You are correct about the thinness and the 60 being slippery. I dropped mine and the glass back shattered into a spider Web design. It's off to BlackBerry to get fixed. They don't have blackberry care protection for it and I believe it is for that very reason. Lots will be dropping it. I guarantee it unless you wrap it up into a cocoon case.
    why glass backing? i thought iphone lesson learned long time ago... I thought it is just "glass like" backing of plastic... old days, 9860 was specifically avoid glass to prevent breaking like iphone at the time... (someone thought chinese glass not breakable? new material?)
    hoangphuong00 likes this.
    11-08-16 12:50 PM

For me, if I wanted a phone with no pkb, I would seriously consider both the iPhone and a Pixel XL. The 60 would need to out-compete those, not the Priv.
    Those 2 are more expensive. The deal right now to me is to buy a Galaxy S7, especially if you can have it with Exynos processor that's way better than Snapdragon 820 or 821

It's a 8 month old phone so you can get it much cheaper, and camera better than the Pixel in a lot of areas
    11-08-16 01:01 PM
    Maybe I am alone but I am not super impressed by the 60. I had frustrations with my Priv, mainly due to the "no service" problem with AT&T. And the Priv actually has been running hot more frequently. In addition, I am not thrilled with the Priv pkb so I had been using the vkb far more than the pkb.

I bought the 60. It's a damn good device, yes... BUT. And here are the buts.

First, I dislike how difficult it is to hold onto the thing. It is slippery and maybe even too thin.

Second, I frankly do not see the big improvement due to the statistically better hardware. Yes, it is smoother when scrolling. Otherwise, not noticeable to me.

Third, I definitely miss the pkb. I miss using it to scroll, especially since sometimes scrolling on the actual screen erroneously causes something to be selected. I miss using the Priv pkb, despite its suboptimal design, when I really truly must send perfectly typed email.

Fourth, I missed sitting my device on a cordless charging stand. I have one at bedside and one on my desk at work. It's super convenient and I can still look at and use the device while it charged. Not so with the 60, obviously.

Fifth, the Priv camera us damn good. I don't give a crap about the quality of the selfie camera because, well, I am older than 13.

Sixth I miss the multicolored LED. I actually like how I can customize notifications by different colors.

Bottom line - I am returning the 60. I will likely buy the next pkb device. If it ever comes. Meanwhile I will enjoy my somewhat imperfect Priv.
    Is Priv still hot with Android 6.0? Or only when u use a lot of apps or mobile data 3G/4G.
    11-08-16 01:13 PM
    Is Priv still hot with Android 6.0? Or only when u use a lot of apps or mobile data 3G/4G.
    Only under heavy load. Data doesn't bother it, but heavy CPU load, especially when combined with charging, does.
    11-08-16 01:21 PM
    why glass backing? i thought iphone lesson learned long time ago... I thought it is just "glass like" backing of plastic... old days, 9860 was specifically avoid glass to prevent breaking like iphone at the time... (someone thought chinese glass not breakable? new material?)
    Yes you wonder what TCL was thinking. I suppose its for the looks and the weight. With only a plastic back people would have said "it's too light and the plastic feels cheap" ...ring a bell? I would have made the back rubber like, as thick as the camera lens and filled the void with a bigger battery for weight and longevity....but thats me
    11-08-16 01:23 PM
    I must be missing something. I see posts saying the 60 performs so much better than the PRIV even mentioning smoother scrolling. I can't see my PRIV scroll any smoother and for my uses I see no lag at all. If I didn't have it and didn't want a pkb I would definitely go for the newer phone, but to change to it for changes I'm pretty sure I won't see? I even really like how the PRIV looks and feel. Maybe that's just me.
    Truth is I wouldn't want to do without the PKB. Even loosing the wireless charging would be a big inconvenience to me now.
    11-08-16 02:02 PM
    I lose only 1 to 2% of battery overnight check your apps and customize it appropriately.
    11-08-16 02:10 PM
    I must be missing something. I see posts saying the 60 performs so much better than the PRIV even mentioning smoother scrolling. I can't see my PRIV scroll any smoother and for my uses I see no lag at all. If I didn't have it and didn't want a pkb I would definitely go for the newer phone, but to change to it for changes I'm pretty sure I won't see? I even really like how the PRIV looks and feel. Maybe that's just me.
    Truth is I wouldn't want to do without the PKB. Even loosing the wireless charging would be a big inconvenience to me now.
    Let's put it this way. After using my DTEK60 for a couple of days, then going back to my Priv, the Priv just seems slow. No stutter or lag, just slow. When I jump back to the DTEK60, the increased snappiness is almost jarring.
    11-08-16 02:11 PM
    ^ That^ and quicker to update apps my Priv was so slow.
    11-08-16 02:17 PM
    Pick up s7 edge and you will be happy, both price and dtek are Half baked.
    Are you half baked while you type this? My brother prefers the DTEK60 to his S7 Edge.
    11-08-16 10:29 PM
    I lose only 1 to 2% of battery overnight check your apps and customize it appropriately.
    I have. Done everything including factory reset. BlackBerry are replacing.
    11-09-16 04:28 AM
    I now appreciate the slimmer and lighter form factor. I still worry that it's slippery; btw, no - adding a case is illogical since it then makes the phone lose the advantages of the slimmer lighter form factor.
    Finally someone smart! Manufacturers spend millions/billions to develop a proper design and to save a few millimeters... and dumb users always **** up that with their fancy cases for a few dollars.
    11-09-16 04:58 AM
    Let's put it this way. After using my DTEK60 for a couple of days, then going back to my Priv, the Priv just seems slow. No stutter or lag, just slow. When I jump back to the DTEK60, the increased snappiness is almost jarring.
    How come?! Every Android stutters and lags.
    11-09-16 04:59 AM
    This dude is just getting people wound up....lol

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 06:12 AM
    That's not hard at the price differential. If the Pixel XL was $499 you'd have a point. But the problem is that the Pixel XL is hideously more expensive (and remember, you need the BIG one, not the 32Gb model either as it has no SD slot!) -- got $849 laying around?

That's 70% more than a DTEK60.

But even the 32Gb is IMHO crazy at $749; that's 50% more money than the DTEK60 and​ you are giving up memory expansion permanently in either case, which is likely to drive people to the bigger one.

The iPhone 7Plus has basically the same ticket and no-slot restriction associated with its acquisition (along with another option in the 256gb storage size if you're particularly masochistic or just hate money) for yet ANOTHER $100.

There's no justification for Pixel XL against the DTEK60 unless you're willing to toss down 70% for money for a camera that performs better under certain specific conditions (specifically, low light available-light shooting.) I don't see $250 worth of additional product in the Pixel XL -- not even close -- and with the lack of the SD slot I'm forced to compare against the big one since I cannot fit what I carry with me in 32Gb less operating system overhead.
    Not certain if the above is true after considering the resale differential. The XL or iPhone will have a decent resale price in a year or so. With a limited market for the 60 I suspect there won't be much to recover. Therefore I'm going to suggest that you haven't actually overpaid $250 at the end of the day.
    11-09-16 11:39 PM
99 1234