Hello BerryCrackers! )

Recently my DTEK60 killed a SanDisk Ultra 64GB and after quite some research and rescue methods i see no other option than buying a new micro sd card.
    BUT....
    Which one of the 1001 offers out there..?
    Hab card problems with a GoPro once and solved it by fiddling through the web until i found a card especially recommended (by Manufacturer Part Number) for this camera and ever since it runs as smooth as a wave on the ocean.
    So maybe there´s a similar possibility for a solution in this case..?
    Would be more than just nice.....

THANKS a lot in advance and any case and let´s use these handheld machines for good!
    Last edited by offroadflow; 08-19-17 at 05:52 PM.
    08-19-17 05:36 PM

i see no other option than buying a new micro sd card.
    Did you look into warranty replacement? I think that card should have a 10 warranty.
    08-19-17 06:30 PM
    It has, but not sending my data to SanDisk...
    08-19-17 06:35 PM
    It has, but not sending my data to SanDisk...
    Ahh... okay. That's one of the reasons I like encryption despite everyone else on here discouraging it.
    08-19-17 06:47 PM
    Had problems with encryption with the Z30, lost it all...
    08-19-17 06:49 PM
    Hello BlackBerry developers,
    Do you mind giving us users a hint on this please..?
    08-20-17 08:05 AM
    There really isn't a magic card that will work better than anything else. It is a standard after all.
    Avoid ridiculously cheap ones sold through Amazon, Ebay, Etc. (they're usually fake).
    Other than that, most any card should work fine. I would recommend SanDisk, except you may not appreciate that after your bad experience. I had some issues with Lexar (although I admit it was probably just bad luck). Maybe try a Samsung? They are fairly popular.

If you would like a faster card than your last one, look for a U3 card. If you see any mention of UHS-II, don't bother paying extra. No BlackBerry can actually take full advantage of UHS-II.
    offroadflow likes this.
    08-20-17 08:15 AM
    Thanks!
    Well after the new phone killed my always working card and therefore I had to go into some research, I noticed that there's more to it.
    Many people have had similar experiences.
    So either there's a problem on the phone side or some cards are a better fit than others.
    Like I mentioned for GoPro cams - it really depends on the manufacturers part number for certain types of GoPros to get rid of possible issues.....
    No joke!
    08-20-17 08:23 AM
    Hi offroadflow,

I recently purchased one of these SanDisk "Extreme" cards: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDHC Class (new U3 and V30 Speed Class) - Smartphone All microSD Cards - Blueshop I've only been using it for a few days, but it's working flawlessly so far. Hopefully it will prove to be durable too!

Best,

Reg
    08-20-17 03:16 PM
    Hi offroadflow,

I recently purchased one of these SanDisk "Extreme" cards: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDHC Class (new U3 and V30 Speed Class) - Smartphone All microSD Cards - Blueshop I've only been using it for a few days, but it's working flawlessly so far. Hopefully it will prove to be durable too!

Best,

Reg
    In a 60?
    Thanks
    08-20-17 04:50 PM
    I have used SanDisk cards for years with little issue, until a couple months ago. After 6 months of use in the DTEK60, I started having all sorts of issues including slowness and the card not being recognized. I finally chose the Samsung Pro Plus 128GB after much research. I haven't had any issues so far (knock wood) and my phone is super-duper fast! I can also take 4K video now, where I was unable to before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12996008
    08-21-17 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the advice!
    08-27-17 07:35 AM
    Hello folks,
    I went through a couple of weeks of not giving into the standard replies from the BlackBerry "service" which is in my point of view no real service at all.

So after having to threaten them going public with the whole back and forth conversation ever since, they finally forwarded my request for help to the technical department. Sad I had to do this btw.
    So we agreed on that they call me, what they actually did 20 minutes ago.
    After another back-and-forth session and forwarding me once again, the only info they could give me was to buy any class 10 card capable of recording 4K videos at 60fps.

So much from here...
    Have a nice one and keep older cards away from the DTEK60.
    Cheers,
    Flow
    09-01-17 09:39 AM
    I have used SanDisk cards for years with little issue, until a couple months ago. After 6 months of use in the DTEK60, I started having all sorts of issues including slowness and the card not being recognized. I finally chose the Samsung Pro Plus 128GB after much research. I haven't had any issues so far (knock wood) and my phone is super-duper fast! I can also take 4K video now, where I was unable to before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13008005
    I use the same card in two 60 's and they work great for us, 4k has no issues. Have add it since February and all good so far, fingers crossed on longevity.
    09-01-17 02:28 PM