Got my dtek60 today and while I love my initial impression of the device, I really miss the ease Link brought to switching devices. It was always a quick and easy transfer on BlackBerry devices. Now I gotta use a Google Drive account and shuttle even thing through the cloud. If anyone a BlackBerry has the urge I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss Link, so green light it. Ok. End of rant
    10-28-16 01:08 AM
    The only reason why you miss it is because you've yet to experience switching Android-to-Android. The jump from BB10 to Android is a PITA but the jump to Android-to-Android is much easier than Link could ever be.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-28-16 01:10 AM
    The only reason why you miss it is because you've yet to experience switching Android-to-Android. The jump from BB10 to Android is a PITA but the jump to Android-to-Android is much easier than Link could ever be.
    What Blaze said. I have rebooted Priv once very early on and the cloud back was super smooth process 👍
    10-28-16 01:17 AM
    I hundred percent agree with Bla1ze, link is nothing compared to android to android
    10-28-16 01:18 AM
    I miss the back up capacity of link as well. Link was a bit tedious to transfer information, though.
    10-28-16 01:58 AM
    Does Device Switch work??

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 02:50 AM
    For me it did.
    10-28-16 03:00 AM
    I used BB Content Transfer. Easy

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 03:23 AM
    I agree the switch from bb10 I to android was a pain. I always loved how easy link made bb10 to bb10 devices. I'm going working on the content transfer for android. So far it's fairly smooth although not as fast as a local switch program. I think my biggest gripe is why do I have to send everything to the cloud to put it on a device it is sitting next to. Just seems to slow the whole process down.

On a positive I am really liking the Dtek60
    10-28-16 08:41 AM
    You can do that via wifi and your router.

It is easy.

Regards
    10-28-16 09:06 AM
    Switching from the Priv to DTEK60 was as simple as holding the phones up to each other and BOOM....transfer complete.
    10-28-16 09:45 AM
    I always hated Link.
    10-28-16 10:13 AM
    Hmm I really don't know how u guys do it. I'm not sure but I wrote about this before. I got a priv. Then I got another priv. Tried to make the new priv exactly as the old priv I have ... nothing is backed up but only contacts.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-28-16 10:40 AM
    Link is bad.. (slow).. once you log into google account everything is backed up and comes back down. i've switched device monthly and Android is way more efficient. Even just 'Tap and Go' is nice.
    10-28-16 12:17 PM
    Once you're in the cloud, everything is easy. As Blaze said.

Lets say you get the next BlackBerry Android device, all you have to do is log in with your Gmail account and all your contacts, emails and everything else are loaded right away. It's really nice. Even on iOS, same thing. Link was apart of the old way of thinking, similar to Apple have iTunes. Being tied to one SPECIFIC PC is a bad thing. If anything were to happen to the PC, you are screwed, as I have experienced a time or two before.

Being in the cloud, much easier.
    10-29-16 11:31 AM
    I have done android to android transfer, and I am NOT looking forward to going from priv to dtek60 using the cloud. I also miss having desktop client. Being on the road 50 out of 52 weeks a year I don't have consistent reliable high speed wifi . Not to mention going between ms outlook and Google is far from foolproof
    10-29-16 11:42 AM
    What about switching your data from an iPhone to the Dtek60...is that easy to do?
    10-30-16 12:07 AM
    You guys know you don't have to do the google drive thing right?

If you decline that option in the content transfer wizard, you can transfer via wifi. That option worked better for me Z30 --> Dtek50
    10-30-16 12:23 AM
    1) Why would anyone want to keep their stuff on Google's cloud servers? Especially those of you who bought a phone that's supposedly all about security and privacy. You should be looking to remove Google's rubbish from the device, not sync all your stuff to them.

2) Device switch was only one of Link's features. What do you use to sync up iTunes playlists to your Alcatel 50?
    10-30-16 02:18 AM
    Personally I swap phones by exporting everything to local SD.

Adding a few email accounts to a new device is no big deal.

As the above poster says, relying on sending your private data off to remote corporate servers is not what I would call being security conscious - more like reckless.
    The fact that it's been made easy is neither here nor there.

People sItting next to 2TB of personal storage should really have alternative methods made available to them by BB to achieve device backups.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:37 AM
    1) Why would anyone want to keep their stuff on Google's cloud servers? Especially those of you who bought a phone that's supposedly all about security and privacy. You should be looking to remove Google's rubbish from the device, not sync all your stuff to them.

2) Device switch was only one of Link's features. What do you use to sync up iTunes playlists to your Alcatel 50?
    I agree, the only thing Google I have on my phone are okay store and Google play services.

I'd rather do local backups of everything and for this we are very limited.
    10-30-16 07:37 AM
    I completely agree. There is no reason why a local backup could not be an option. I would be OK with given an option of cloud or local.
    10-31-16 10:05 PM
    I used BB Content Transfer. Easy

Posted via CB10
    Once you sign into your Google account it will send everything over android to Android , excluding text messages.

I used content transfer to handle the text messages from Priv to Dtek60

Device switch will do most of what you need from bb10 to android , in both cases you will have to save a copy of your passwords to your sd card and import them to the new device
    10-31-16 10:32 PM
    Got my dtek60 today and while I love my initial impression of the device, I really miss the ease Link brought to switching devices. It was always a quick and easy transfer on BlackBerry devices. Now I gotta use a Google Drive account and shuttle even thing through the cloud. If anyone a BlackBerry has the urge I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss Link, so green light it. Ok. End of rant
    I used device transfer on my passport and dtek60 worked great....no google drive.
    11-01-16 08:36 AM
    I always hated Link.
    Zelda resents this comment.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-01-16 10:34 AM
28 12