As all Androids newer than M are made by TCL, and I got from the news that TCL is hiring Russian( 8-F ) programmers, it is unfortunately for the best that we are not getting N or O.

I just really hope that I am wrong, but now I kinda expect that there will be "exceptions" from the "unrootability" rule (approved by the almighty Hardware Root of Trust of course ;-) ).
    05-14-18 02:05 PM
    Don't forget about P! ;-)
    05-14-18 02:14 PM
    As all Androids newer than M are made by TCL, and I got from the news that TCL is hiring Russian( 8-F ) programmers, it is unfortunately for the best that we are not getting N or O.

I just really hope that I am wrong, but now I kinda expect that there will be "exceptions" from the "unrootability" rule (approved by the almighty Hardware Root of Trust of course ;-) ).
    All the Android phones, other than the PRIV were made by TCL....

When posting something like that, it would be "good" to offer a link. But one would assume that BlackBerry has some interest in how their Android Secure is used. Not sure how much forensic analysis they do on phones shipped from their three licensees. But you can bet they don't want something happening like happened to those Blu phones. It's still their name on the line....
    05-14-18 02:56 PM
    All the Android phones, other than the PRIV were made by TCL....
    On top of that both DTEK50 and 60 have been internally rebranded and recertified as TCL devices. They now have 2ACCJ for the FCC grantee code.
    05-14-18 03:52 PM
    What is 8-F?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-14-18 03:53 PM
    What is the problem with Russian programmers exactly? .. The only thing that changes is the spying agency watching you. From NSA to FAPSI (correct me if I'm wrong about the Russian agency)
    05-14-18 04:17 PM
    On top of that both DTEK50 and 60 have been internally rebranded and recertified as TCL devices. They now have 2ACCJ for the FCC grantee code.
    From looking at an OS dump, the DTEK OS looks at best like a joint production between BB Ltd and TCL, if not TCL working from an inherited code base.
    05-14-18 05:36 PM
    What is 8-F?
    A VERY wicked smile(may be a bit twitchy): big round eyes and two tooths out.
    05-15-18 08:02 PM
    From looking at an OS dump, the DTEK OS looks at best like a joint production between BB Ltd and TCL, if not TCL working from an inherited code base.
    That's horrible...
    05-16-18 07:32 AM
    I'd wager that even when BlackBerry had a large staff in Waterloo developing BB10 that they hired Russians and other programmers from unsavory places.
    05-16-18 11:39 AM
    A VERY wicked smile(may be a bit twitchy): big round eyes and two tooths out.
    I feel old.
    skinnymike1, moonflyer and Molfus like this.
    05-16-18 12:15 PM
    I feel old.
    This made my evening. Thanks for sharing.
    05-16-18 06:59 PM