I know camera quality is just overall worse on snapchat than the normal camera app, but it's not terrible and is still pretty decent. With the Priv and Moto G4 Plus, they looked perfectly fine, but the dtek60 is just awful not matter how good the lighting or focus I do. Here's a comparison.

Moto G4 plus default camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Moto G4 plus snapchat camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Dtek60 default camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Dtek60 snapchat camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    01-09-17 12:42 PM
    I know camera quality is just overall worse on snapchat than the normal camera app, but it's not terrible and is still pretty decent. With the Priv and Moto G4 Plus, they looked perfectly fine, but the dtek60 is just awful not matter how good the lighting or focus I do. Here's a comparison.

Moto G4 plus default camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Moto G4 plus snapchat camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Dtek60 default camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Dtek60 snapchat camera: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    My experience with how you're saying the Priv was better is actually the opposite. Snapchat would freeze constantly on my priv and in some instances would freeze my entire device for minutes at a time. Either that or it would crash completely. The experience for me on the DTEK60 is not quick by any means, but it's on par with other android devices through my experience.
    01-09-17 01:41 PM
    It's pretty slow on the dtek60, but in terms of picture quality, it literally looks like it's taking a picture with an iPhone 3g camera with snapchat.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    01-09-17 01:47 PM
    can too confirm this, but only for the rear camera. the front facing (selfie) is great though
    01-10-17 05:21 AM
    can too confirm this, but only for the rear camera. the front facing (selfie) is great though
    Yea same, wondering if it's just a software thing, or is it hardware.
    01-10-17 10:19 AM
    Same here, I posted the same with no answer. We need an answer on this asap. Everyone makes fun of my phone when I post on snapchat. Bad advertising for BlackBerry. Need a fix right now.
    01-10-17 11:41 AM
    DTEK60 camera isn't very good generally speaking. No surprise snapchat photos aren't turning out well.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 11:38 PM
    DTEK60 camera isn't very good generally speaking. No surprise snapchat photos aren't turning out well.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, but it's not terrible, it's still decent. Even on the moto g4 plus which has a worse camera overall, snapchat looks pretty identical to the regular camera
    01-11-17 01:06 AM
    It sounds like you all are having a snapchat issue, not a camera issue. Have you considered submitting this issue to snapchat for review?
    01-11-17 03:02 AM
    Commented on the playstore but never a answer from snapchat it's been like this for many android users on different handsets, it is hit and miss some devices are clear quality some really bad like the dtek60.

I heard its something about snapchat taking a picture of a picture in the app or something not exactly sure but needs a fix!
    01-11-17 10:44 PM
    Yea same, wondering if it's just a software thing, or is it hardware.
    Impossible that it's a hardware problem. I have the same problem with Instagram, Skype and my Priv. The camera is great, until I open it from Instagram or Skype. It's obviously a software problem or a problem caused by the app
    01-11-17 11:28 PM
    Impossible that it's a hardware problem. I have the same problem with Instagram, Skype and my Priv. The camera is great, until I open it from Instagram or Skype. It's obviously a software problem or a problem caused by the app
    Hm weird snapchat actually looked fine when I had the priv
    01-11-17 11:38 PM
    And still no response on this. Anyone from BlackBerry camera teM that can help? My fiancé is going crazyyy
    01-13-17 04:04 PM
    I took a picture today with Samsung s5 to post on Facebook- pretty good...tried to take the same picture to attach to What's app and the quality was a lot worse... Better to shoot first and attach later!
    01-13-17 06:44 PM
    enroll in the beta and see if that fixes your issues https://www.snapchat.com/beta/
    01-14-17 02:48 AM
    enroll in the beta and see if that fixes your issues https://www.snapchat.com/beta/
    Did not seem to fix the problem. A little less laggy, but still kind of slow and really bad quality.
    01-14-17 04:08 PM
    Goes to show you why BlackBerry will continue to flop. This should be the most visited thread with an app with so much reach as snapchat. Except no one uses it here. Put a discount code here and everyone will check it out. It's a shame. I'm starting to grow past BlackBerry followers.
    01-15-17 07:08 AM
    I have the same issue on PRIV. Front facing camera quality is fine. Back camera quality is horrible. In fact it seems like a crappy filter is on non stop. Nothing to fix this.
    01-15-17 07:48 AM