Hello everyone. Loving my DTEK60. But in the last seven days or so, my phone has been rebooting while on charge overnight. This has occurred before, but has not done so for a while. This is not associated with an update. Problem is, of course, that I use a password to start my phone and if it reboots overnight, I cannot enter it, the phone does not complete it's booting, and my alarm does not go off to wake me in the morning. I am going to contact BlackBerry support, but curious if anyone has had an issue or a fix. Thanks.
    06-29-17 07:39 AM
    Have you done a factory reset?
    06-29-17 08:00 AM
    Hi Conite, Always appreciate your comments in the forums. I have not completed a factory reset. I assume that this would require me to do another set up of all my apps add accounts?
    06-29-17 09:43 AM
    Hi Conite, Always appreciate your comments in the forums. I have not completed a factory reset. I assume that this would require me to do another set up of all my apps add accounts?
    If you set "back up data" to "on", then much will be stored in the cloud with Google.

Your apps will download again, about half of them will remember their settings (this is new, so not all app developers are on board yet), and you will keep your WiFi and system settings.

There will be some work involved, but I don't see much choice. It's the last thing you can try before sending in for repair.
    06-29-17 09:52 AM
    If you set "back up data" to "on", then much will be stored in the cloud with Google.

Your apps will download again, about half of them will remember their settings (this is new, so not all app developers are on board yet), and you will keep your WiFi and system settings.

There will be some work involved, but I don't see much choice. It's the last thing you can try before sending in for repair.
    Thanks for the info Conite. Curious... do you have a DTEK60? If so, did you have the reboot issue?
    06-30-17 08:18 PM
    Thanks for the info Conite. Curious... do you have a DTEK60? If so, did you have the reboot issue?
    Yes I do, and I've never had the phone reboot on its own.
    06-30-17 11:40 PM
    Yes I do, and I've never had the phone reboot on its own.
    Hi Conite - do you still have this problem? Did you find a solution? My DTEK60 is still randomly rebooting at night, almost caused me to miss a flight this morning!
    11-14-17 08:44 AM
    Hi Conite - do you still have this problem? Did you find a solution? My DTEK60 is still randomly rebooting at night, almost caused me to miss a flight this morning!
    I never had the problem.

But you may want to try a factory reset.
    11-14-17 08:54 AM
    Thanks Conite - I thought perhaps you had experienced the same issue as the OP... was trying to hold off having to do a factory reset, but may have to resort to doing one...!
    11-14-17 09:47 AM
    Hello everyone. Loving my DTEK60. But in the last seven days or so, my phone has been rebooting while on charge overnight. This has occurred before, but has not done so for a while. This is not associated with an update. Problem is, of course, that I use a password to start my phone and if it reboots overnight, I cannot enter it, the phone does not complete it's booting, and my alarm does not go off to wake me in the morning. I am going to contact BlackBerry support, but curious if anyone has had an issue or a fix. Thanks.
    Hi ptaylor10 - did you ever manage to find a solution to this random reboot issue?
    11-14-17 09:48 AM
    I have never had that issue with mine....
    11-14-17 09:54 AM
    Hi ptaylor10 - did you ever manage to find a solution to this random reboot issue?
    Hi Froteq, I have had this occur once or twice since I originally posted, but it has not occurred for sometime. Everything I read at the time seemed to suggest that the factory reset was the best option. But I was unwilling to do it. I do check the Play Store before bed and download any updates. But I am not convinced the issue has resolved. It is certainly a frustrating problem. I assume this has been a issue of late for you?
    11-14-17 08:08 PM
    Yes, DTEK60 has been rebooting a few times a month on me, sometimes a couple of times each week. Since I have to enter a PIN to complete the boot, I wake up to find it waiting at the lock screen - almost missed making it to the airport this morning and figured I finally have to do something about it...! Like you, I didn't want to have to do a factory reset, but seems that may be the only solution (at least the only one I have been able to find consistently suggested in the forums). I'm at least glad to hear you haven't been fighting the reboot gremlins lately
    11-15-17 12:42 AM
    Yes, DTEK60 has been rebooting a few times a month on me, sometimes a couple of times each week. Since I have to enter a PIN to complete the boot, I wake up to find it waiting at the lock screen - almost missed making it to the airport this morning and figured I finally have to do something about it...! Like you, I didn't want to have to do a factory reset, but seems that may be the only solution (at least the only one I have been able to find consistently suggested in the forums). I'm at least glad to hear you haven't been fighting the reboot gremlins lately
    Please do not rely on your DTEK60 for morning alarms. The DTEK60 has some serious battery and electrical problems. If your phone is under warranty, contact the Alcatel support line in your country and ask for a label to courrier it in to your country's Alcatel-BlackBerry Repair Centre. Hopefully you will hit in a good repair technician.
    11-17-17 04:49 PM
    Meh. Yes, I had a battery issue, but I rely on mine for morning alarms, and it's just fine.... Of course going to bed with it at 8% is a bad idea, but you knew that, right?
    11-17-17 06:59 PM
    I did the factory reset, but I still have random rebooting happening
    11-17-17 07:38 PM
    I did the factory reset, but I still have random rebooting happening
    Same here. This is why I have sent my DTEK60 in for repair twice now ....
    11-17-17 09:51 PM
    Same here. This is why I have sent my DTEK60 in for repair twice now ....
    Unfortunately, living in Thailand makes it a bit difficult to send in for repair 🙃😝
    11-17-17 10:05 PM