I have stayed and stayed with my Q10 in great part due to my unease of successfully moving CONTACTS, CALENDAR and the many NOTES I have accumulated in the BB10 REMEMBER application to an Android phone.

I would really appreciate your advice in doing these migrations.
    Last edited by copperbeech; 10-29-16 at 04:41 AM.
    10-28-16 08:30 PM
    You can use the preloaded Content Transfer app to transfer contacts, calendar, notes and tasks from your Q10. If you sync your contacts and calendar with an online account such as Google, the contacts and calendar will be synced with your new phone once the online account is set up. Therefore, there is no need to transfer contacts and calendar events.

Just want to mention that I don't believe there is a way to back up notes and tasks in the BlackBerry Android Notes and Tasks apps. As such, you may want to consider using other apps in Google Playstore for these purposes.
    10-28-16 10:41 PM
    You can use the preloaded Content Transfer app to transfer contacts, calendar, notes and tasks from your Q10.
    The Content Transfer app you describe comes preloaded on the DTEK60? And one transfers via a...cable?

Apologize in advance for I bet an obvious question:

I am on the Bell network in Canada. I read that one doesn't need to get Bell "involved" if one just physically moves the SIM card from say the Q10 to the new DTEK60?

Now here is the obvious q. Would my Q10 necessarily have a SIM card from the start? If not is there a way to do what I describe above?
    10-29-16 04:53 AM
    You can transfer via WiFi, Google Drive, or your SD card.

The Q10 uses a micro sim and it won't fit into the DTEK 60 which uses a nano sim, a slightly smaller card. You have the option of cutting your sim card to fit the DTEK or getting a new nano sim from your carrier. While I don't suggest this option, if you cut the existing sim card, you can just pop that into the sim tray and it should work. No need to contact you carrier. But if you want to get a new nano sim card (suggest a NFC sim card), you'll need to contact your carrier to switch your account and your phone number to the new sim card.
    10-29-16 10:59 AM
    The Content Transfer app you describe comes preloaded on the DTEK60? And one transfers via a...cable?

Apologize in advance for I bet an obvious question:

I am on the Bell network in Canada. I read that one doesn't need to get Bell "involved" if one just physically moves the SIM card from say the Q10 to the new DTEK60?

Now here is the obvious q. Would my Q10 necessarily have a SIM card from the start? If not is there a way to do what I describe above?
    Walk into any bell Store with new phone. Purchase new Sim for $10. They will update your account while there. Pop in new Sim into new phone and good to go. Nothing change on your account and NO upgrade or change of plan required.
    10-29-16 11:09 AM