I recently bought this device and am trying to adapt to the fact that I can't change the default download location in firefox or chrome (which is a gigantic pain, but completely unrelated).

I tried using the "Explore" option under 'Settings --> Storage and USB' to move downloaded files to my sd card, but am finding that the Download folder is showing as empty much of the time, even though it isn't. I tried downloading a file manager, and the same thing is happening, even with my other apps (i.e. andftp).

When I connect the phone to my windows 10 pc, I can see the files, but I can't copy them. When I try to copy from the internal memory to sd card or pc, I get a popup error message "Unspecified error". I am left having to delete all of the files, which is the only thing I can do. I am not sure if anyone has experienced these issues, I have found very little info. I am currently running the phone with the latest update.
    08-15-17 06:50 PM
    I recently bought this device and am trying to adapt to the fact that I can't change the default download location in firefox or chrome (which is a gigantic pain, but completely unrelated).

I tried using the "Explore" option under 'Settings --> Storage and USB' to move downloaded files to my sd card, but am finding that the Download folder is showing as empty much of the time, even though it isn't. I tried downloading a file manager, and the same thing is happening, even with my other apps (i.e. andftp).

When I connect the phone to my windows 10 pc, I can see the files, but I can't copy them. When I try to copy from the internal memory to sd card or pc, I get a popup error message "Unspecified error". I am left having to delete all of the files, which is the only thing I can do. I am not sure if anyone has experienced these issues, I have found very little info. I am currently running the phone with the latest update.
    Maybe the apps do not have PERMISSION to act on that folder. Although I don't know why you can see them when connected to the PC but are locked out by the error.

But try giving the File Manager permission. Main Settings, Apps, scroll to the file manager and tap. Then check its Permissions and change if necessary.

Maybe someone else will know why the files are secured.

Good luck
    08-15-17 08:41 PM
    Maybe the apps do not have PERMISSION to act on that folder. Although I don't know why you can see them when connected to the PC but are locked out by the error.

But try giving the File Manager permission. Main Settings, Apps, scroll to the file manager and tap. Then check its Permissions and change if necessary.

Maybe someone else will know why the files are secured.

Good luck
    Yes, the file manager app has the required permissions. 'System --> Storage and USB' does not require any special permissions because it is a part of the OS.
    08-16-17 08:01 AM