I realized that the power connection is not the typical android connection. Only comes with one cord . 2 chargers so need to buy another cord .
    Comments as to why they didn't keep to the previous android connectivity
    10-27-16 11:25 PM
    USB-C is becoming the new standard. Several Windows Phones launched with it in 2015 because it was a requirement for their Continuum feature.

This year has seen a lot of Android devices make the jump. My best guess as to "why the change" would be the support of Quickcharge 3.0, which requires a USB-C to USB-C connection to function.

There are some deals on Amazon that include a QuickCharge 3.0 capable charger and a spare USB-C to USB-C cable for around USD$20.
    10-27-16 11:30 PM
    I realized that the power connection is not the typical android connection. Only comes with one cord . 2 chargers so need to buy another cord .
    Comments as to why they didn't keep to the previous android connectivity
    Because the previous standard has been superseded. The benefits are worth a couple extra cables (using adapters eliminates the benefits).
    10-28-16 02:00 AM
    I know nothing of Quickcharge or any of this stuff. Is the DTEK60 capable of wireless charging?
    10-28-16 10:23 AM
    No wireless charging, but QuickCharge 3.0 (and even 2.0) get the job done pretty quickly, so much so that I don't know if I would find myself using the wireless charging.

Don't get me wrong, I use it on my S7 because it's there, but plugging it in is plenty faster.
    10-28-16 10:25 AM
    No wireless charging, but QuickCharge 3.0 (and even 2.0) get the job done pretty quickly, so much so that I don't know if I would find myself using the wireless charging.

Don't get me wrong, I use it on my S7 because it's there, but plugging it in is plenty faster.
    Thank you for the info, I got the rapid charger with the phone, which is great at home, but now I need one for at work with the USB-C cable. I was hoping that it had wireless charging so I could leave it on my desk every now now and then for a power boost.
    10-28-16 10:30 AM
    The supplied rapid charger is QuickCharge 2.0, which is still pretty darn good. If you get a QuickCharge 3.0 capable charger and use a USB-C to USB-C cable it should charge using the 3.0 standard. Mine hasn't arrived yet but from what I hear this will charge a significant amount in 20 to 30 minutes.
    10-28-16 10:34 AM
    No wireless as noted, but I have a QC3.0 charger in my car and last night after setting up the phone (which took it down to about 40%) I drove ~20 minutes or so and the phone was up to almost 90% when I disconnected it (!)

So yeah, QC3.0 works -- and it is extremely fast. Fast enough that I'm not sure I really care so much about the wireless charging.....
    10-28-16 11:57 AM
    No wireless as noted, but I have a QC3.0 charger in my car and last night after setting up the phone (which took it down to about 40%) I drove ~20 minutes or so and the phone was up to almost 90% when I disconnected it (!)

So yeah, QC3.0 works -- and it is extremely fast. Fast enough that I'm not sure I really care so much about the wireless charging.....
    That's great, makes me not too worried about lack of wireless charging. I have only used it occasionally on the Priv and Galaxy S7. With the fast wireless charger the S7 actually charges remarkably quickly, all things considered. Plugging it in is still faster.
    10-28-16 12:12 PM