Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Those running an app like AccuBattery, can you please share your values of battery current in standby mode and while browsing internet?

With just latest official BlackBerry autoloader from BlackBerry site + latest update (September 5) and only AccuBattery running mine are as follows:

- around 200 mA in standby mode;
    - from 560 mA up to 1100 mA while browsing internet.

Are those OK? If not, which values should I expect?
    10-04-17 10:53 AM
    The latter, yes. The former, no.

You should idle in the ~30-50ma range. Something is holding a wakelock on the phone which is murdering your standby time. Find the app responsible and remove it.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-04-17 12:11 PM
    The latter, yes. The former, no.

You should idle in the ~30-50ma range. Something is holding a wakelock on the phone which is murdering your standby time. Find the app responsible and remove it.
    Many thanks for the ~30-50ma range... While looking around I found that a few settings set via USB Debug are retained even over official BBry autoloader application. As my hands are at least third on the device, I guess that something might have been corrupted if any app from previous owners changed anything vital in the persistent memory area...

I have tried wakelock monitoring already, and I did not find anything strange. Though with wakelocks I am not much of an expert...
    10-05-17 03:40 PM
    I guarantee you something is holding a wake lock. These phones idle well under 100ma (usually under half that) even with fairly crappie signal and WiFi off. WiFi on and / or good signal reduces power use when idle.
    10-05-17 04:27 PM
    I guarantee you something is holding a wake lock. These phones idle well under 100ma (usually under half that) even with fairly crappie signal and WiFi off. WiFi on and / or good signal reduces power use when idle.
    I was getting 130ma+ even in airplane mode before September update.

The September update though did something VERY lengthy to a number of applications (around 46 in total) on my phone, I am thinking about attempting one more factory reset.

Also, I've never seen inbound current around 3000mA. At most it was around 2000mA, which is technically wa-a-a-y far from the QC3.0 top.

I suspect that the previous owner(s) misused the device somewhat. After the September update though at least the phone started predictably living a day, so there is some hope left if "N"/"O" will get to DTEK60.

I'll check wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats and/or GSam again...
    Last edited by moonflyer; 10-05-17 at 06:32 PM. Reason: An error in the app name: GBAT --> GSam
    10-05-17 05:13 PM
    EOL... that's their plan.. Send mine tomorrow with your criteria.
    10-05-17 05:32 PM
    I was getting 130ma+ even in airplane mode before September update.

The September update though did something VERY lengthy to a number of applications (around 46 in total) on my phone, I am thinking about attempting one more factory reset.

Also, I've never seen inbound current around 3000mA. At most it was around 2000mA, which is technically wa-a-a-y far from the QC3.0 top.

I suspect that the previous owner(s) misused the device somewhat. After the September update though at least the phone started predictably living a day, so there is some hope left if "N"/"O" will get to DTEK60.

I'll check wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats and/or GBAT again...
    agreed
    10-05-17 05:34 PM
    ������ agreed
    I switched resolution on my DTEK60 to 720x1280 and power consumption both IN browsing _and_ STANDBY dropped notably. AFAICS, CPU usage is OK, but in 1440x2560 an area on the phone's back remained warm. The only reasonable explanation for me is that GPU was notably used all the time...

Now I am looking for a way to monitor GPU usage in standby mode (no apps so far).
    10-06-17 10:22 AM
    Moonflyer do you still need BlackBerry contact into?
    10-06-17 12:39 PM
    Moonflyer do you still need BlackBerry contact into?
    Yeah, I won't be surprised if after a few security updates the situation will get even worse. It is better to be prepared...
    10-08-17 05:09 AM
    Naw. There's no evidence for that in the history of the device.
    10-09-17 07:02 PM