Use imgur and host the pictures there instead of using CB to host them, the compression is really bad.
    OK, thanks very much!!
    engine54lt likes this.
    10-29-16 03:12 PM
    Taken with my DTEK60 this morning.. I still have my passport and priv.. I will try to do a side by side comparison later on..
    Taken with DTEK60
    Attached Thumbnails Pictures taken with the DTEK60-6804.jpg  
    Last edited by MoraBoy; 10-29-16 at 11:47 PM.
    World War Z30 likes this.
    10-29-16 03:32 PM
    Taken with PRIV DTEK60 and Passport SE
    With PRIV
    Attached Thumbnails Pictures taken with the DTEK60-6806.jpg  
    Last edited by MoraBoy; 10-29-16 at 11:47 PM.
    10-29-16 03:33 PM
    With passport
    With PRIV..
    Attached Thumbnails Pictures taken with the DTEK60-6806.jpg  
    10-29-16 03:33 PM
    With passport
    Sorry for the multiple posts, had trouble uploading all 3 pics on same post and ended up with duplicates..

Taken with Passport SE
    Attached Thumbnails Pictures taken with the DTEK60-6805.jpg  
    Last edited by MoraBoy; 10-29-16 at 11:49 PM.
    10-29-16 03:40 PM
    It seems the DTEK60 camera is pretty decent and quick to capture images.

But the Priv's camera has better clarity and color reproduction/saturation.

Anyone care to comment? I don't know much about cameras
    You cannot upload full-resolution photos here; the system won't take them.

I have them here on my system of course as originally shot. There is no material difference between the Priv and DTEK60 which is not surprising considering that the base sensor is the same and both are running the same camera software from BlackBerry....
    10-29-16 04:27 PM
    Ignore first pic of passport just realized it is the same as the priv's , can mods delete?

Here is the passport sample..
    OK so you took pic with Passport and Priv. Did you take one with DTEK60? The very first pic looks really dark compared to Passport and Priv. Was that taken with DTEK60?

Posted via CB10
    simply_reyner likes this.
    10-29-16 06:55 PM
    OK so you took pic with Passport and Priv. Did you take one with DTEK60? The very first pic looks really dark compared to Passport and Priv. Was that taken with DTEK60?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the first one in the series is the one I took with the DTEK60. It was kind of dark, lights off, and no flash was used. I think the other 2 were over-compensated/processed?
    10-29-16 11:46 PM
    Yes, the first one in the series is the one I took with the DTEK60. It was kind of dark, lights off, and no flash was used. I think the other 2 were over-compensated/processed?
    OK thanks for letting me know. From what I can see the Priv and Passport are very similar, the only one that looks different is the DTEK60 which is more darker. Is it maybe that the Priv and Passport let more light in the lens than the DTEK60? I noticed some other pictures in the forums where this was the case. How would you compare the camera on the DTEK60 vs. Priv and Passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:59 PM
    Priv and Passport shots are much better.

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-30-16 03:02 AM
    Priv and Passport shots are much better.

Posted via CB10
    Agree from the pics of the priv and the passport the priv without a doubt blows the dtek60 out of the water so does the passport very poor camera on the 60. They have cut corners when it comes to the camera.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-30-16 04:21 AM
    Agree from the pics of the priv and the passport the priv without a doubt blows the dtek60 out of the water so does the passport very poor camera on the 60. They have cut corners when it comes to the camera.
    i guess we have quite different angles of view and actually how can you compare some downsized photos in a forum ? we need uploaded raws from a file hoster....
    10-30-16 05:25 AM
    10-30-16 09:15 AM
    I think it's just something we have to experience ourselves in person
    10-30-16 09:55 AM
    Yes, it seems that the DTEK60, despite 21MP and 8MP cameras, is actually worse than earlier models like the Priv and Passport.

I have had both the Passport SE and the Priv, and they both take great pictures with their rear-facing cameras, although their selfie cams are poor. I was hoping the DTEK60 would be better, but I guess not.

It's sad; sounds like the DTEK60 is an epic fail... I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't understand that quality cameras are essential, particularly with newer younger consumers. Sounds like the DTEK60 is the nail in the coffin for BlackBerry. Very sad.
    I agree with you. I don't know why they cut corners with the Camera. The specs on this thing are amazing, but why downgrade the camera? I will never understand the logic. You have this camera bump that supposedly has to be like that so that you can get more high quality lens in there, it actually defects the purpose.

Most people these days use their phone as their camera, who wants to be carrying a phone and a camera. This is a big let down. I was so excited for this phone but now I'm having doubts. pics are not good in low light situations. Why couldn't they have put a camera similar to Passport or Priv? Make the phone stand out from the competition. People reviewing this will write negative things about it, and deter people away from the DTEK60. This not what BlackBerry needs.

Posted via CB10
    so crow and Bay 13 like this.
    10-30-16 10:10 AM
    These photos do little to make a valid comparison between the phones. Lighting needs to be identical and the shots should be taken together (ie. one after the other) not at different times. Apparently the DTEK60 was taken at a different time of day. The white balance is way different. The DTEK also seems to be cropped differently or the phone was in a different position. Also no processing should be used and the images rotated properly.

Sorry for the rant and I do appreciate the attempt to compare them. I am also trying to make a decision between the DTEK60 and the Priv and the camera is a critical part of my decision making..
    10-30-16 10:22 AM
    I agree with you. I don't know why they cut corners with the Camera. The specs on this thing are amazing, but why downgrade the camera? I will never understand the logic. You have this camera bump that supposedly has to be like that so that you can get more high quality lens in there, it actually defects the purpose.

Most people these days use their phone as their camera, who wants to be carrying a phone and a camera. This is a big let down. I was so excited for this phone but now I'm having doubts. pics are not good in low light situations. Why couldn't they have put a camera similar to Passport or Priv? Make the phone stand out from the competition. People reviewing this will write negative things about it, and deter people away from the DTEK60. This not what BlackBerry needs.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    so crow likes this.
    10-30-16 10:34 AM
    Yes you are right, the white balance is way off by a big margin. Did he take the pic at a different time of day or was the same time? Can anyone else post a comparison, but take the shots one after the other in same lighting conditions? This is the only way to really compare.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 10:35 AM
    These photos do little to make a valid comparison between the phones. Lighting needs to be identical and the shots should be taken together (ie. one after the other) not at different times. Apparently the DTEK60 was taken at a different time of day. The white balance is way different. The DTEK also seems to be cropped differently or the phone was in a different position. Also no processing should be used and the images rotated properly.

Sorry for the rant and I do appreciate the attempt to compare them. I am also trying to make a decision between the DTEK60 and the Priv and the camera is a critical part of my decision making..
    Yes, in 2016, cellphone camera quality is critical. I have the Z30, the Passport SE, and the Priv. The Passport rear camera is very good, and the Priv 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens is excellent. The 2MP front cameras, however, are mediocre.

The quality of both cameras on the DTEK60 is critical, particularly when there are a lot of good Android devices with excellent cameras available.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-30-16 10:38 AM
    That assumes BlackBerry pays them to test it.

What? You didn't think all those phones got tested out of love did you?
    They did review the TCL 950 recently. Isn't that the same camera? It rated an 82 which is the same as the Priv and iPhone6s.
    10-30-16 10:39 AM
    They did review the TCL 950 recently. Isn't that the same camera? It rated an 82 which is the same as the Priv and iPhone6s.
    Yup. Here's the link.

https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/TCL-...s-nice-camera!

Identical score as Priv and iPhone 6s.
    Last edited by conite; 10-30-16 at 11:04 AM.
    10-30-16 10:41 AM
    The front facing cameras on the DTEK60 and the Priv are similar in that they have similar Sony processors. The DTEK60 cameras is 21MP, whereas the Priv is 18MP. The Priv also has a German Schneider-Kreuznach lens.

I have the Priv, and it takes excellent pics with the 18MP camera, however the front facing 2MP cam�ra is mediocre.
    10-30-16 10:41 AM
    10-30-16 10:58 AM
    10-30-16 11:00 AM
    Link doesn't work.
    Really bro? Can't just visit the site, huh? lol

http://bla1ze.me/2eWZxy9
    so crow likes this.
    10-30-16 11:00 AM
488 ... 45678 ...