My dad dropped his DTEK60 yesterday. The screen is not cracked at all and he said it fell from about eye level taking a photo to a counter - so about 3'.

There are not scuffs or scratches.

Over all the phone looks great except the screen when turned on has purple splotches and it not responsive.

Is this even worth repairing?

Is it just a loose connection?

Or is it something more expensive?

It's low mileage and I wouldn't mind giving the phone to my kids if it's not too costly to repair.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

See photos for issue.
    01-16-18 06:14 PM
    No one here is going to be able to say one way or another. It'd just be a guess. You need to have someone pop it open and have a peek inside.

Is this even worth repairing?

Is it just a loose connection?

Or is it something more expensive?
    Worth it? Depends on the cost and what you consider 'worth it' I suppose.

Loose connection? Probably not. Looks busted internally even w/ no cracks on the display.

Something more expensive? Depends on where you live and what you consider 'expensive'. You're probably looking at anywhere from $50-$200.
    01-16-18 09:21 PM
    you may want to take the money and invest in another phone. Dtek isn't getting 7.0. So the money can move you toward a newer phone. BlackBerry or other brand
    01-17-18 10:43 AM
    sell this one for parts
    01-17-18 10:44 AM
    you may want to take the money and invest in another phone. Dtek isn't getting 7.0. So the money can move you toward a newer phone. BlackBerry or other brand
    This ^^^^^^ I'm using AT&T KEYone. I love the device, however I went back to carrier locked for now. I want AT&T to deal with BBMo/TCL for now for me. I'm still on November update for instance. Worth trade-off if screen pops or some other warranty issue.
    01-17-18 10:45 AM
    accidentally dropping would most likely not be an AT&T acceptable warranty coverage. My point was looking at the long term solution that he may be better buying new and selling this one for parts. Some carriers are offering some deals right now
    01-17-18 11:19 AM
    accidentally dropping would most likely not be an AT&T acceptable warranty coverage. My point was looking at the long term solution that he may be better buying new and selling this one for parts. Some carriers are offering some deals right now
    I agree with you. My comment was strictly about if purchasing a KEYone.
    01-17-18 12:44 PM
    What would be a good price to ask for parts?
    01-18-18 05:59 PM