It dropped with Nougat because it came out six months later. It's not even a TCL device. It's a re-badged Yugo phone...
    BB Merah Putih, the company that currently holds the right to manufacture and sell*BlackBerrysmartphones in Indonesia,
    Still came with NOUGAT more to say than what tcl/Alcatel offered with it's dtek/ idol4
    09-15-17 06:27 PM
    It dropped with Nougat because it came out six months later. It's not even a TCL device. It's a re-badged Yugo phone...

My point is that it's the same category of the DTEK. It's a re-badged device with the BlackBerry name and software. It's just a similar re-do of a DTEK from a different licensee. It will probably never see an upgrade either.

BB Merah Putih, the company that currently holds the right to manufacture and sell*BlackBerrysmartphones in Indonesia,
    At least it dropped with a current os. More than we can say for Alcatel
    09-15-17 06:29 PM
    Still came with NOUGAT more to say than what tcl/Alcatel offered with it's dtek/ idol4
    I believe that DTEK came out before Nougat was official release OS.
    09-15-17 06:29 PM
    And that means what
    09-15-17 06:30 PM
    At time it dropped, it was the current OS. Your comment was that DTEK was behind. At time, DTEK had latest OS.
    09-15-17 06:33 PM
    At time it dropped, it was the current OS. Your comment was that DTEK was behind. At time, DTEK had latest OS.
    And should be updated accordingly but hasn't, why? Please id love to hear this one, Chuck, you know this is a dead end, we are taking about a device Alcatel already made available to the people and made a blackberry out of it
    09-15-17 06:34 PM
    Who cares anymore? Do you think Aurora will be updated to Oreo? No DTEK will be updated to Nougat and no Aurora will be updated to Oreo unless licensee pays BlackBerry to do it.

Not right for me to complain. I've bought all three of my devices, PRIV and DTEK for no more than 1/2 price expecting discontinued support.

The Aurora, I believe has been priced in low $200 range. What does one expect for a budget phone?
    09-15-17 06:37 PM
    Who cares anymore? Do you think Aurora will be updated to Oreo? No DTEK will be updated to Nougat and no Aurora will be updated to Oreo unless licensee pays BlackBerry to do it.
    If that's what gets you to sleep at night ok, all I'm saying is Alcatel/tcl had made no hints of giving these two devices Jack.
    09-15-17 06:40 PM
    If that's what gets you to sleep at night ok, all I'm saying is Alcatel/tcl had made no hints of giving these two devices Jack.
    Blackberry die hards need to move on to Aurora and key one to get the latest is all
    09-15-17 06:41 PM
    Blackberry die hards need to move on to Aurora and key one to get the latest is all
    Those two devices will die with the priv plain and simple
    09-15-17 06:43 PM
    Plus the Aurora will die with it as well....
    09-15-17 06:48 PM
    Lol
    Attached Thumbnails Petition for BlackBerry DTEK users-17257.jpg  
    09-15-17 06:49 PM
    It's not about who's first with what
    09-15-17 07:01 PM
    It's not about who's first with what
    Dude, I love you man and I will buy the first round of drinks when you come back down to Florida, but how in the /;*+&±% could I buy the Aurora before the DTEK? I just buy what's available, inexpensive and has the right bands for AT&T when I'm deciding... The Aurora doesn't even have the right bands for most of USA let alone North America.
    09-15-17 07:08 PM
    Dude, I love you man and I will buy the first round of drinks when you come back down to Florida, but how in the /;*+&±% could I buy the Aurora before the DTEK? I just buy what's available, inexpensive and has the right bands for AT&T when I'm deciding... The Aurora doesn't even have the right bands for most of USA let alone North America.
    Love you too Chuck, I'm a vodka straight up man myself, Aurora is a dual SIM phone and had no issues here in America
    09-15-17 07:11 PM
    Love you too Chuck, I'm a vodka straight up man myself, Aurora is a dual SIM phone and had no issues here in America
    Buy the POS on eBay and get it activated lol. Don't worry just because America never heard about it doesn't mean it doesn't work here
    09-15-17 07:13 PM
    Aurora
    Attached Thumbnails Petition for BlackBerry DTEK users-17260.jpg  
    09-15-17 07:35 PM
    @CHUck Finley, buy outside the box brother, stop getting devices from the carrier. I use metro pcs as my service and buy devices I want, not what they offer. I'm sure at&t has a byod thing? you can activate devices not even sold in America
    09-15-17 07:43 PM

Not right for me to complain. I've bought all three of my devices, PRIV and DTEK for no more than 1/2 price expecting discontinued support.

The Aurora, I believe has been priced in low $200 range. What does one expect for a budget phone?
    I like how you shop,
    09-15-17 07:53 PM
    I like how you shop,

https://m.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/...r_at_patching/

Perfectly explains the dteks 50&60 roles respectively
    09-15-17 08:06 PM
    And so will it's customers.
    09-16-17 01:45 PM
    wonder if it's possible to load Alcatel Idol 4 firmware on a Dtek50. I might give it a shot later.
    09-17-17 04:35 PM
    wonder if it's possible to load Alcatel Idol 4 firmware on a Dtek50. I might give it a shot later.
    Nope. Locked bootloader and hardware root of trust.
    09-17-17 04:42 PM
    Nope. Locked bootloader and hardware root of trust.
    LMFAO try it just for laughs then you will have a nice paperweight, actually you won't even get the bootloader unlocked
    09-17-17 08:50 PM
    Unlock the bootloader?! Lol. So much for security.

And not that there's a chance anyway, but maybe start with asking for Nougat first?
    THIS 👆

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-19-17 05:33 AM
76 1234