They did. DTEK50 is 100 dollars more than the Alcatel version (exact same specs).

Also Lenovo doesn't sell their cheap phones here.
    Not really. The Blackberry device eqsily has more than $100 in value-add compared to the Alcatel.
    Last edited by conite; 11-07-16 at 01:38 PM.
    11-07-16 01:22 PM
    I think people are only considering Dtek50 to prove their nonsense.
    And those who are confidently commenting that it is a right pricing I think they lived in india for long time so they also know about the indian market here better than we indians.
    And there's also a difference between Blind fan & DieHard Fan

Lenovo was an example for market price for the same specification of phones and some people are using it as taunt,they think I have compared BlackBerry and Lenovo in terms of brand or Etc.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 01:25 PM
    Not really. The Blackberry device has more than $100 in value add compared to the Alcatel.
    Don't bother. One minute people say how they value the extra services from apple and Samsung(which justifies their outrageous prices) then others say things like this discounting anything BlackBerry provides including best in market updates. Ultimately people just expect BlackBerry to give away phones simply because of the position they are in and disregard that they are still a business and profit is still necessary.
    11-07-16 01:27 PM
    Not really. The Blackberry device has more than $100 in value add compared to the Alcatel.
    The market decides that - if people buy in volume - if they don't - it didn't.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-07-16 01:31 PM
    I feel Dtek 50 is more or less ok with the price point. And bb expects to sell quite a lot of them.
    The whole overpriced issue is for the 'flagship' Dtek 60. And bb knows that it can manage selling a small amount of these phones to the 'brand conscious' over spending Indian.
    If one is ready to spend 10k more for a brand, what's the company's fault ?
    11-07-16 01:40 PM
    BlackBerry today launched Dtek50 in india at ₹21990 which is bit pricier, but in case of Dtek60 they again did wrong pricing which is ₹46990. I mean dont they analyze the market competion or they simply want to quit from smartphones market.
    Because except BlackBerry's Diehard Fan's who will buy an overpriced Dtek60?
    Maybe they don't care to sell the DTEK60 in India, but many, many DTEK50's? The DTEK60 is just there as the high-end comparison to show what a deal the DTEK50 is?
    11-07-16 01:41 PM
    Why aren't they doing the same in US?
    That's all I want to know

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I don't have any idea what their cost structure is, or what their distribution channel costs are in different markets, what volumes they are dealing with in each region, etc, etc.

The bottom like is that this is how much BlackBerry wants for this device in this market. If they can't get it, then someone else will buy it somewhere else.
    11-07-16 01:43 PM
    Yet another flop for Indian Market. 470000₹(704usd) for BlackBerry Android, lol. BlackBerry is doom, like the Priv failed in indan market Dtek will also be a failure. Wow BlackBerry, this proof that they have no intentions of coming back as a brand,

It will surely be a flop, yest 0.001% won't buy #android offered by #blackberry surely 60. Great going BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 01:44 PM
    The market decides that - if people buy in volume - if they don't - it didn't.
    Sure. But anyone who directly equates an Idol 4 with a DTEK50 is certainly not the target market.
    cgk and Carjackd like this.
    11-07-16 01:45 PM
    I don't have any idea what their cost structure is, or what their distribution channel costs are in different markets, what volumes they are dealing with in each region, etc, etc.

The bottom like is that this is how much BlackBerry wants for this device in this market. If they can't get it, then someone else will buy it somewhere else.
    Surely they will get success in FAILING yet again in this market.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 01:48 PM
    Why aren't they doing the same in US?
    That's all I want to know

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    This, i think, has something to do with blackberry's brand value/ loyalty in the US & India.
    11-07-16 01:52 PM
    This, i think, has something to do with blackberry's brand value/ loyalty in the US & India.
    BlackBerry has no brand value in India as per current market now. They are as good as dead.

Loyalty from BlackBerry : nyc joke.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 01:55 PM
    BlackBerry is selling a fixed, small supply of devices. They have priced them at a point where they think it is worth their while to sell to your market. They are not going to discount the price for no reason. They don't need to grow their device business as it is now closed.
    Yes. I do understand. But people says it is a wrong move. Same fate will happen as it happened to Priv. And yes, BlackBerry will be forced to discount it in the end. Lets c how it will end!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    11-07-16 02:02 PM
    Don't bother. One minute people say how they value the extra services from apple and Samsung(which justifies their outrageous prices) then others say things like this discounting anything BlackBerry provides including best in market updates. Ultimately people just expect BlackBerry to give away phones simply because of the position they are in and disregard that they are still a business and profit is still necessary.
    Nobody here supports extra prices from Apple and Samsung. Those comparisons were done by people only to those who said, BlackBerry belong to those category and those are the models people should Compare dtek60 with.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    11-07-16 02:06 PM
    I actually something else is happening - the distributor is likely to the company they have lined up to take a licence. If these sell, they take the license, if not they don't.

We know that they were talking to someone in India about this.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-07-16 02:10 PM
    I actually something else is happening - the distributor is likely to the company they have lined up to take a licence. If these sell, they take the license, if not they don't.

Is this distributor a manufacturer as well?
    11-07-16 02:26 PM
    Is this distributor a manufacturer as well?
    Taking their website at face value, they are mostly a distributor of multiple brands, but seem to have their own brand too: Zen, which they say sells 4M phones/month.

If their aim is to be a BB licensee, it probably doesn't matter if they are a manufacturer or just a distributor though... they seem to understand the Indian market, and I'm sure they can issue a production contract to a company such as TCL just as easily as BB did.
    11-07-16 03:17 PM

Ahem...

BlackBerry in talks with Optiemus - The Economic Times
    fanBBRY and JeepBB like this.
    11-07-16 03:57 PM
    BlackBerry is selling a fixed, small supply of devices. They have priced them at a point where they think it is worth their while to sell to your market. They are not going to discount the price for no reason. They don't need to grow their device business as it is now closed.
    X2
    11-07-16 04:36 PM
    Stop defending Blackberry's mistake.
    I sincerely hope no Indian buys the Dtek60 and they are forced to cut down the price just like they did with the Priv. Just price it for what it's worth.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah..i agree.Priv was some 60k+ but last 6 months some of my friends bought for 32k.So as per BlackBerry past pricing strategy surely they reduce the price in sometime. I expect Dtek 60 to come down to 40k in next 3 months.

Sent from Passport
    11-08-16 12:50 AM
    Yeah..i agree.Priv was some 60k+ but last 6 months some of my friends bought for 32k.So as per BlackBerry past pricing strategy surely they reduce the price in sometime. I expect Dtek 60 to come down to 40k in next 3 months.

Sent from Passport
    Priv will officially sell for ₹34,990 now under the new partnership.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-08-16 01:49 AM
    Funny thing is, a lot of people complain about the price online, but in the real world, people are probably buying it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 02:45 AM
    Priv will officially sell for ₹34,990 now under the new partnership.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Started being available anywhere?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    11-08-16 05:27 AM
    BlackBerry's previous partner was Redington India Privte Ltd. , After that they joined hands with HCL Info and both failed to make a better footprint for BlackBerry in india.
    Now BlackBerry has joined hands with Optiemus Infra(which is a Leader in smartphone distributor (as data states on their sites).
    Optiemus is also a distributor partner for samsung and other big smartphone manufacturers,so its clear that BlackBerry wants to develop its market strength in india(i dont know why BlackBerry did'nt cleared on air that there is limited numbers of devices to be sold in india or accross the globe)

Overpriced DTEKs in India...!-img_20161108_171740.png

BlackBerry Z30
    11-08-16 05:55 AM
    Started being available anywhere?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    I don't think so.
    Should be a week-2 weeks before that happens.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-08-16 06:41 AM
160 12345 ...