Well, I don't live in India neither do I live in North America but I think the Indians have a point. It's insensitive on BlackBerry's part to keep pricing people away from their phones in that country. This is a time when other manufacturers including Apple are doing all they can in order to get a foothold in India. Here is BlackBerry doing otherwise. I honestly think BlackBerry could have done better with the pricing of the DTEK60 in India . Also, Americans should stop this 'if you don't like it, don't buy it ' comments. If the DTEK60 were to be sold for that price in the USA and Canada, North Americans would definitely cry foul. It is not out of place to express your disappointment with inconsiderate pricing from your favourite brand/company . It only shows that the Indians care enough for BlackBerry to survive.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:07 AM
    Basically they wanna dump the phone in India to clear the stock. And make some money out of it by pricing them so high?

Posted via CB10
    They are not priced high. They seem about right compared to iPhone 7 Plus and Pixel XL.

They just have no reason to dump them as loss leaders.
    11-07-16 09:08 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry just loves reading the "too expensive for India" posts?
    I sure do.

It's a welcome break from "when DTEK in India" posts.
    11-07-16 09:10 AM
    Isn't the S7Edge listed at 60k (with discounts as low as the high 40s because it's been on the market for a while)?
    The Pixel XL is 67k, and the iPhone 7Plus is 92K.

The DTEK60 at 46k seems about right.
    Let Blackberry market, provide quality service and customer support like Apple and Samsung does in India. And then price it at 46k. It would arguably be the perfect pricing.
    When they are not capable of doing any of that, and their intention is to clear out the stocks.
    Well, why should Indians bear their loss?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:16 AM
    While I agree, BlackBerry only made a limited number of DTEK60 devices, the device is very good and it is going to sell really well this time. I was thinking to switch from my BB10 to something non-blackberry, but since DTEK60 released with good specs, I thought I would give a try and what you know I love it! What a great device?!

I migrated a Canada 5-6 years before from India and I know Indian market well, minus the changes happened in recent years. I think it is overpriced. Generally things produced outside India are priced a little more than the USD price, not too much, unlike the South American countries. I went to Brazil and Mexico a few years backs, things are prices much more than the equivalent Canadian price( some times, double the price even when you consider the currency rate, and that too for the things used commonly in these countries and less commonly used in Canada- a soccer ball or jersey), and people are okay with this. They know it is overpriced, but they have no choice.

But in India, things are different many daily commodities and groceries are much cheaper. Electronics are fashion accessories are almost same price as their dollar equivalent or a little more sometimes. And it is very common that for electronics people get their friends or relatives to buy from US/ Canada or other countries. So if there is no proper support and other perks provided by BB, there is no justification for big price difference
    11-07-16 09:33 AM
    Well, why should Indians bear their loss?

Posted via CB10
    They don't have to. But I bet enough will.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-07-16 09:38 AM
    BlackBerry only made a limited number of DTEK devices. There is no reason for them to price them low when they will sell eventually. Nor are they trying to establish a market, as they have already closed their device business.
    Why did they price it so low in the other markets then?
    They should have followed the same policy elsewhere?
    Limited quantities, price it at a good margin?
    Like you mentioned many will bear the costs?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 09:43 AM
    It may sound vindictive, but I sincerely hope nobody does and BlackBerry is forced to drop the prices to what it actually should be.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 09:51 AM
    The straight conversion from Canadian prices including tax is 24K for DTEK50, and 37K for DTEK60.

So it would seem India is getting the DTEK50 cheaper than us.
    11-07-16 09:54 AM
    The straight conversion from Canadian prices including tax is 24K for DTEK50, and 37K for DTEK60.

There is clearly mentioned above that Dtek50 is ok/bit pricier.
    But the main concern is Dtek60,why didnt you mentioned that Dtek60 is overpriced when you mentioned Dtek50 is cheaper here?

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 09:58 AM

Nobody is complaining about the DTEK50 prices.
    Even US conversions means ₹20.7K so 22K isn't that bad although we aren't getting any freebies.
    But the DTEK60 pricing is insane. There is no other word.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 10:01 AM
    There is clearly mentioned above that Dtek50 is ok/bit pricier.
    But the main concern is Dtek60,why didnt you mentioned that Dtek60 is overpriced when you mentioned Dtek50 is cheaper here?

BlackBerry Z30
    They probably have so little inventory of the DTEK60 dedicated to India, that pricing doesn't matter much.
    11-07-16 10:24 AM
    They probably have so little inventory of the DTEK60 dedicated to India, that pricing doesn't matter much.
    Stop defending Blackberry's mistake.
    I sincerely hope no Indian buys the Dtek60 and they are forced to cut down the price just like they did with the Priv. Just price it for what it's worth.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 10:54 AM
    I sincerely hope no Indian buys the Dtek60 and they are forced to cut down the price just like they did with the Priv. Just price it for what it's worth.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly you want to buy it though.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-07-16 11:02 AM
    Clearly you want to buy it though.
    Yup.
    But I will wait till the end of December for some price cut. If nothing happens, then it is the Oneplus 3.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    They will. But first they get as much as they can from those who will pay.That's very much standard with Android OEMs and not a terrible strategy if you are supply-limited.
    11-07-16 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry only has 2K (limited supply) DTEK60 to sell in India, and there are 2K Indians that are willing to pay the price asked..... where it there a mistake?

You are the one making the mistake in thinking it is business as usual at BlackBerry and that they are looking to try and gain market share in the hardware business. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry wouldn't rather their be some kinda upwelling of interest in the DTE60.... if it only were a little cheaper. That might help their long term goal of signing up someone to license the brand and take over hardware in that market. As BlackBerry is closing shop and becoming an IP seller.

If the DTEK60 is out of your budget... find something that isn't. BlackBerry at this point is going through the finial motions.....
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-07-16 11:42 AM
    I sure do.

It's a welcome break from "when DTEK in India" posts.
    Exactly !!
    11-07-16 11:46 AM
    Basically they wanna dump the phone in India to clear the stock. And make some money out of it by pricing them so high?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody forced me to fork out 600 cdn...actually I thought the phone would come in about 50 dollars more. Nobody is forcing anyone in India to buy the device either
    11-07-16 11:49 AM
    Yes a lot will. They gladly give away 1 Lac INR to Apple. My smart countrymen.
    11-07-16 11:49 AM
    Relax buddy. Dtek50 isn't the cheapest for its specs in the US either. The Alcatel version is 100$ cheaper.

Lenovo makes phones and sells it for such a low margin.

At least BlackBerry will still support it for years to come. Good luck getting Nougat on your Lenovo.

Also enjoy your Lenovo bloatware. BlackBerry at least has useful applications.

Edit: basically competing with pricing it the cheapest, especially in India is practically suicide
    11-07-16 12:15 PM
    Nobody forced me to fork out 600 cdn...actually I thought the phone would come in about 50 dollars more. Nobody is forcing anyone in India to buy the device either
    Nobody complained here saying "somebody forced me to buy pointing gun". Maybe if you use your little sense, you can understand they are referring from the point of doing business at fair price.

People who ask them to compare with Samsung and Apple first better compare the services and features provided by the same rivals. Also about people comparing prices with US, Canada and saying its not of a big difference, think about the service they have compared to India.

And the people who come here to comment "buy something else", please don't waste your time. People who are interested in discussing about the price, let them have a discussion. You stay out of it please.

And as far as me thinks, "Yes, the prices are on higher side. Dtek50 could be 19999 and Dtek60 should be surely less than 39999". And BlackBerry better straighten their service features in India. Now they are not really different from other chinese providers.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    ehteshm12 and Jayasheelan like this.
    11-07-16 12:50 PM
    Nobody complained here saying "somebody forced me to buy pointing gun". Maybe if you use your little sense, you can understand they are referring from the point of doing business at fair price.

People who ask them to compare with Samsung and Apple first better compare the services and features provided by the same rivals. Also about people comparing prices with US, Canada and saying its not of a big difference, think about the service they have compared to India.

And the people who come here to comment "buy something else", please don't waste your time. People who are interested in discussing about the price, let them have a discussion. You stay out of it please.

And as far as me thinks, "Yes, the prices are on higher side. Dtek50 could be 19999 and Dtek60 should be surely less than 39999". And BlackBerry better straighten their service features in India. Now they are not really different from other chinese providers.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    BlackBerry is selling a fixed, small supply of devices. They have priced them at a point where they think it is worth their while to sell to your market. They are not going to discount the price for no reason. They don't need to grow their device business as it is now closed.
    JeepBB and Carjackd like this.
    11-07-16 01:02 PM
    BlackBerry is selling a fixed, small supply of devices. They have priced them at a point where they think it is worth their while to sell to your market. They are not going to discount the price for no reason. They don't need to grow their device business as it is now closed.
    Why aren't they doing the same in US?
    That's all I want to know

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 01:10 PM
    Why aren't they doing the same in US?
    That's all I want to know

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    They did. DTEK50 is 100 dollars more than the Alcatel version (exact same specs).

Also Lenovo doesn't sell their cheap phones here.
    11-07-16 01:14 PM
160 1234 ...