BlackBerry today launched Dtek50 in india at ₹21990 which is bit pricier, but in case of Dtek60 they again did wrong pricing which is ₹46990. I mean dont they analyze the market competion or they simply want to quit from smartphones market.
    Because except BlackBerry's Diehard Fan's who will buy an overpriced Dtek60?

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 04:17 AM
    BlackBerry today launched Dtek50 in india at ₹21990 which is bit pricier, but in case of Dtek60 they again did wrong pricing which is ₹46990. I mean dont they analyze the market competion or they simply want to quit from smartphones market.
    Because except BlackBerry's Diehard Fan's who will buy an overpriced Dtek60?

BlackBerry Z30
    Im blackberry die hard fan but I cant afford to buy those pieces . Forget about others
    sandeep306 likes this.
    11-07-16 04:18 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry just loves reading the "too expensive for India" posts?
    3hb78ftg and Carmels like this.
    11-07-16 06:24 AM
    Can you post prices of other types of phones currently selling?

It is very hard for us who don't live in the same country to understand - unless shown something to compare with.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and app_Developer like this.
    11-07-16 06:29 AM
    Still love my z10. But yeah, the prices are high as always. Guess what, they later makes us feel it was worthless. Bought this to keep something different in pocket and then ended up buying another android device as a secondary device.

It's Pushh from India ....pin : 2AF4F414
    11-07-16 06:30 AM
    Can you post prices of other types of phones currently selling?

It is very hard for us who don't live in the same country to understand - unless shown something to compare with.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sure
    Lenovo vibe K5 note(with fingerprint sensor) has similar specs as Dtek50 and it costs only ₹12999

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 06:33 AM
    Yeah sure
    Lenovo vibe K5 note(with fingerprint sensor) has similar specs as Dtek50 and it costs only ₹12999

BlackBerry Z30
    Wow!
    That is quite a difference!!

What are the current Apple products selling at?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 06:38 AM
    Well, the point is u don't get the blackberry security game/ updates with the Lenovo.
    21k is not highly overpriced, yes, 18-19 wud hav been perfect.
    Dtek60, yes i was expecting arround 35k.
    11-07-16 06:44 AM
    Well, the point is u don't get the blackberry security game/ updates with the Lenovo.
    21k is not highly overpriced, yes, 18-19 wud hav been perfect.
    Dtek60, yes i was expecting arround 35k.
    Thats why I mentioned above that Dtek50 is bit pricier.
    My concern here is Dtek60 as you do.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 07:16 AM
    Well, I don't live in India neither do I live in North America but I think the Indians have a point. It's insensitive on BlackBerry's part to keep pricing people away from their phones in that country. This is a time when other manufacturers including Apple are doing all they can in order to get a foothold in India. Here is BlackBerry doing otherwise. I honestly think BlackBerry could have done better with the pricing of the DTEK60 in India . Also, Americans should stop this 'if you don't like it, don't buy it ' comments. If the DTEK60 were to be sold for that price in the USA and Canada, North Americans would definitely cry foul. It is not out of place to express your disappointment with inconsiderate pricing from your favourite brand/company . It only shows that the Indians care enough for BlackBerry to survive.

Posted via CB10
    Jayasheelan, Jrox74 and mighthor like this.
    11-07-16 07:41 AM
    For month we here about "when is this device going to be released in India" . It was only a point of time before there were complaints about the price. That took about 6 hours.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    11-07-16 07:41 AM
    And i wad thinking Dtek60 cud get some sales against pixel/ note 7 bomb. Another opportunity gone down the expensive drain.
    11-07-16 07:42 AM
    Prices in Canada :

Dtek 50 CAD 429 ( 21386 INR )
    Dtek 60 Cad 650 ( 32403 INR )

So , yes I agree the prices are to high ...
    ( I also think they are high in Canada )
    John Albert likes this.
    11-07-16 07:45 AM
    Wow!
    That is quite a difference!!

What are the current Apple products selling at?

Posted via CB10
    Thats a different league bro. They have launched I-Phone 7 with ₹70000(i guess). And they do provide their OS,their Hardware and different environment(community).

Here BlackBerry has generalised by merging with android with an advanved security feature and an re-badged hardware.

So if BlackBerry had these things of their own then why would I raise the matter.
    I didnt commented on the pricing of Priv,passport,Z30 Etc. Because I know they have developed it by their own.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 07:47 AM
    Thats a different league bro. They have launched I-Phone 7 with ₹70000(i guess). And they do provide their OS,their Hardware and different environment(community).

Here BlackBerry has generalised by merging with android with an advanved security feature and an re-badged hardware.

So if BlackBerry had these things of their own then why would I raise the matter.
    I didnt commented on the pricing of Priv,passport,Z30 Etc. Because I know they have developed it by their own.

BlackBerry Z30
    I think they will complain for the sake of complaining
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    11-07-16 07:54 AM

BlackBerry Z30
    Was just asking to get a feel of your prices ...

We need to compare Apples to Apples !!!
    11-07-16 07:55 AM
    Well, don't take it in the wrong way, but there is always a thread about a fellow Indian crackberrian saying: the price is too high, it won't sell in India... this is why it's kind of amusing hahaha... but if you don't mind, post the prices for the iPhone, the Pixel, the Samsungs, and some other with similar specs to have an idea how the Dtek60 and 50 prices are in that market... thanks!

BlackBerry Z30
    11-07-16 08:01 AM
    Isn't the S7Edge listed at 60k (with discounts as low as the high 40s because it's been on the market for a while)?
    The Pixel XL is 67k, and the iPhone 7Plus is 92K.

The DTEK60 at 46k seems about right.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    11-07-16 08:04 AM
    Yes, that's why I am curious about the price comparing to other brands... because there is a difference between it's too high and I don't want to pay that price...

Isn't the S7Edge listed at 60k (with discounts as low as the high 40s because it's been on the market for a while)?

11-07-16 08:09 AM

So the DTEK60 being double of the DTEK50 when the actual price isn't so is alright as well?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 08:12 AM
    Our Indians don't have very good impression on blackberry, so people can at least try if price is budget friendly

Those who have already tried and liked bb10 will only go for it but again only those who are not particular about pkb and bb10. I mean only those who are pure BlackBerry fans

For others, it is risky as they don't know anything abt BlackBerry other than knowing it as flop model

If they make the below 20k, it will fall under below 20k models. People who search for phones below 20k might find it interesting and may have a try. Don't understand the logic of fixing the phone price just above 20k

As bb10 is failed, BlackBerry should attract the customers with affordable prices for wider customer section

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 08:14 AM
    Our Indians don't have very good impression on blackberry, so people can at least try if price is budget friendly

Those who have already tried and liked bb10 will only go for it but again only those who are not particular about pkb and bb10. I mean only those who are pure BlackBerry fans

For others, it is risky as they don't know anything abt BlackBerry other than knowing it as flop model

If they make the below 20k, it will fall under below 20k models. People who search for phones below 20k might find it interesting and may have a try. Don't understand the logic of fixing the phone price just above 20k

As bb10 is failed, BlackBerry should attract the customers with affordable prices for wider customer section

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately for whatever reason BlackBerry doesn't want to work like that in India
    Plus it's not 'just' above 20K. It's a good 2K more expensive.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-07-16 08:19 AM
    Unfortunately for whatever reason BlackBerry doesn't want to work like that in India
    Plus it's not 'just' above 20K. It's a good 2K more expensive.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    2k is not more than attaining the interest of the mid-range customers

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry only made a limited number of DTEK devices. There is no reason for them to price them low when they will sell eventually. Nor are they trying to establish a market, as they have already closed their device business.
    11-07-16 08:44 AM
    BlackBerry only made a limited number of DTEK devices. There is no reason for them to price them low when they will sell eventually. Nor are they trying to establish a market, as they have already closed their device business.
    Basically they wanna dump the phone in India to clear the stock. And make some money out of it by pricing them so high?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:01 AM
160 123 ...