The DTEK60 is very over priced in India but why it is over priced is because of 3 primary reasons. DTEK60 costs around 500$ in the US ex VAT which comes up to $500 * 68 Rs per $ = Rs 34000. To bring it to India the company has to pay Import Duty + VAT + Optiemus will charge its margins i.e. its charges to distribute the devices in India. So approx. Rs 34000 + 15% duty i.e. Import + 12.5% VAT + Optiemus Margins adds upto Rs 47000/- of which I am guessing their margins are Rs 2850/- per device.

I am not sure about the whole numbers but I tried to figure out the whole thing which I thought I should try and order it from the Selfridges store in the UK which might be cheaper because they say they won't charge UK VAT. So their device will be sold at Ex VAT i.e. 395 pounds + duty of 60 pounds and then delivery fees of 25 pounds to India which comes up to 481 in total which when converted to INR is cheaper than buying in India. The final amount was Rs 42500/- + or -

Why dont the same is not applied to Dtek50?
    Its all about how you plan the strategies.
    And after all BlackBerry will have good numbers of Dtek60 in india if they put it in ₹35k-₹40k bracket.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-16 06:18 AM
    Clearly you have no idea about BlackBerry position in Indian Market. BlackBerry service centre is been closed in few states, so if the phone have some problems where should we go?? And why would people here buy BlackBerry phones when they have no better service centre or to solve their small issues.

Posted via CB10
    So? Then don't buy one of you don't like the service.

BlackBerry wants $x to make it worth their while, so take it or leave it.

Going forward, the new licencing model will mean local distribution and support - if someone in your market decides to do it.
    stlabrat, Carjackd, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-10-16 07:37 AM
    I mean it's not a 40K phone without tax.
    Conversion comes to around 33K. So with tax it should have been around 40K. Not 46K

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    And I'm removing the tax and saying it's a 40k phone in India 😂 I know it's 33k in the US and way cheaper to produce. I'm just taking a dig at our horrible tax system.
    11-10-16 08:45 AM
    [WARN]Please discuss or debate the topic, but do not get personal.[/WARN]
    11-10-16 12:15 PM

Going forward, the new licencing model will mean local distribution and support - if someone in your market decides to do it.
    Surely I won't buy it. And as per the current Indian Market goes and the reputation of BlackBerry in india I am pretty sure more then 95% or more of Indian population won't buy it either, the sale will surely tell how many device did they sold in India.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:15 PM
    Surely I won't buy it. And as per the current Indian Market goes and the reputation of BlackBerry in india I am pretty sure more then 95% or more of Indian population won't buy it either, the sale will surely tell how many device did they sold in India.

Posted via CB10
    That's perfectly fine then.

They only have several thousands to sell anyway. If they don't sell at the current price, they will discount it later.

Normal rules don't apply here, as BlackBerry has a limited supply, and are not concerned with growing market share.
    stlabrat and JeepBB like this.
    11-10-16 12:33 PM
    It seems that BlackBerry's CEO is replying us.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-16 12:38 PM
    That's perfectly fine then.

They only have several thousands to sell anyway. If they don't sell at the current price, they will discount it later.

Normal rules don't apply here, as BlackBerry has a limited supply, and are not concerned with growing market share.
    If they are not concerned with growing market share why did they jumped to Android? Why are they selling phones? Why did they even bother to launch it in india? Just keep it in their website, if anyone wants to buy they will. It will save money of launching it here and there.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:41 PM

BlackBerry Z30
    Hahahah very true

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:41 PM
    If they are not concerned with growing market share why did they jumped to Android? Why are they selling phones? Why did they even bother to launch it in india? Just keep it in their website, if anyone wants to buy they will. It will save money of launching it here and there.

Posted via CB10
    They are selling the stock they have. The DTEKs are the last BlackBerry devices. The device business is now closed.

In the future, anyone who wants to design, manufacture, distribute, and support a device can purchase a licence to use the BlackBerry name and/or the hardened Android software if they so choose.

But BlackBerry themselves are out of the device business completely.
    11-10-16 12:51 PM

BlackBerry Z30
    OK. Let's pretend you are a CEO of a company that has 100 widgets to sell into India. No more are coming, as your company no longer makes widgets.

What pricing strategy would you use to sell your small, limited supply?
    3hb78ftg and JeepBB like this.
    11-10-16 12:54 PM
    OK. Let's pretend you are a CEO of a company that has 100 widgets to sell into India. No more are coming, as your company no longer makes widgets.

Ok I am CEO
    Keep this aside.

Does licensing means I have no more rights on my company anymore,i should not think whats happening with the name of my company,and if I am providing my software to the licensed partner then I should not care how they are carrying it forward?

Or tell me clearly that you know every bit of BlackBerry,you are a board member of that or you know what steps they have taken with what type of vision in their mind or you know the next step of them?

BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-16 01:02 PM
    And these statements were not made by any BlackBerry official,its just a rumour right?
    Overpriced DTEKs in India...!-img_20161111_003404.png
    Overpriced DTEKs in India...!-img_20161111_003410.png
    Overpriced DTEKs in India...!-img_20161111_003415.png

BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-16 01:04 PM
    Ok I am CEO
    Keep this aside.

Does licensing means I have no more rights on my company anymore,i should not think whats happening with the name of my company,and if I am providing my software to the licensed partner then I should not care how they are carrying it forward?

Or tell me clearly that you know every bit of BlackBerry,you are a board member of that or you know what steps they have taken with what type of vision in their mind or you know the next step of them?

BlackBerry Z30
    I think you may be confused as to what a licencing model is.

After the DTEKs, any future device will not be from BlackBerry.

If a company in India, or Indonesia, or North America thinks they can take advantage of the BlackBerry name, they can approach BlackBerry. They will pay a fee to BlackBerry for its logo and/or software. The licencee will design, manufacture, distribute, and support the device.

Apart from providing some minimum standards to the licencee, BlackBerry has NOTHING more to do with it. Period. Full stop.

Btw, you didn't answer my question.
    JeepBB and stlabrat like this.
    11-10-16 01:16 PM
    And these statements were not made by any BlackBerry official,its just a rumour right?

BlackBerry Z30
    Your pictures have no bearing on what we are discussing.
    Carjackd and stlabrat like this.
    11-10-16 01:17 PM

At the population of more then one Billion, I would give 100 widgets free. Or won't make a fool of myself by pricing it sky high.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 01:17 PM
    At the population of more then one Billion, I would give 100 widgets free. Or won't make a fool of myself by pricing it sky high.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, JeepBB and stlabrat like this.
    11-10-16 01:19 PM
    Better we stop discussion here..because you know better about BlackBerry's startegies and also you are some official of BlackBerry
    And as I know I am customer and my concern was only pricing and service issues.
    Whats happening inside you are master in that, I am not.

BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-16 01:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Vry proudy
    conite and Carjackd like this.
    11-10-16 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Change the widgets to last 100 HMT watches in the country and re-evaluate your answer.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-10-16 02:05 PM
    I would rather pick a S7Edge buy paying 4k extra as it has IP68 rating, supports VR,Dual edges, etc... when compared to this heavy priced Alcatel re branded BlackBerry device.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-10-16 08:58 PM
    Change the widgets to last 100 HMT watches in the country and re-evaluate your answer.
    BlackBerry has no brand and market value in India.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 10:36 PM
    Vry proudy
    Very much

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 10:36 PM
    Why dont the same is not applied to Dtek50?
    Its all about how you plan the strategies.
    And after all BlackBerry will have good numbers of Dtek60 in india if they put it in ₹35k-₹40k bracket.

BlackBerry Z30
    Well I would also have loved for the device to be priced under Rs 40000/- and I think the device would have been out of stock in a few days if not in a day. Who knows what their strategy exactly is but as far as I read I think they want a device in the Premium Segment which they tried with Priv and from market research they also came out with a mid segment device.

Problem with India is they have seen a lot of below Rs 10000/- phones with so many features that they can't digest any phones with more then Rs 20000/- So the new brands aren't a success and Chinese Brands like Oneplus or Lenovo along with Moto and many others are succeeding.

I am not considering other established brands because I simply do not believe they provide better support in terms of privacy and updates. Specifically Google security updates.
    11-11-16 05:59 AM

I would not put it in the way you have when it comes to asking someone if they should take it or leave it. I do not mean to disrespect anyone. But as a brand I really Love Blackberry and I would like to own them all. Even the BB OS 6 or 7 devices. But as per the price / feature conscious people they have a right to opinion and let us promote the brand by conveying people best features about Blackberry.
    11-11-16 06:03 AM
160 ... 34567