The 60 is an excellent phone and I'm very pleased with it. Just two problems for me. Main one is I find it slippery and have difficulty holding it somehow to type with two thumbs. The flip case is too stiff for me and doesn't hold back flat well enough. Second problem is the double tap to wake up the home screen doesn't always work, mainly when in the pouch but also sometimes when out of it. I've tried restarting the phone.
    franzfume likes this.
    11-05-16 08:14 AM
    For me, I am using the plastic shell until better cases come along. I have a Chinese holster to wear the phone. The plastic seems to help hold the phone. I am guessing that is why BB chose to include the shell because people would not be happy with the glass backing
    11-05-16 08:28 AM
    The 60 is an excellent phone and I'm very pleased with it. Just two problems for me. Main one is I find it slippery and have difficulty holding it somehow to type with two thumbs. The flip case is too stiff for me and doesn't hold back flat well enough. Second problem is the double tap to wake up the home screen doesn't always work, mainly when in the pouch but also sometimes when out of it. I've tried restarting the phone.
    I add skins to my phones and it adds grip. I used bestskinsever on my Note 5. I dont think they have it for the DTEK60 yet. You can use TechSkin BlackBerry DTEK60 TechSkin Full Body Skin Protector
    11-05-16 09:00 AM
    I add skins to my phones and it adds grip. I used bestskinsever on my Note 5. I dont think they have it for the DTEK60 yet. You can use TechSkin BlackBerry DTEK60 TechSkin Full Body Skin Protector
    Thank you. Does the skin go on the back? That's where the grip problem is. Would it cover the camera / fingerprint sensor etc?
    11-05-16 10:58 AM
    I hate when Phones have slippery backs. I love the rubberized backs on so many BlackBerry devices. Cases are so annoying.
    11-05-16 11:18 AM
    Yeah they have front and/or back.
    11-05-16 01:24 PM
    I have the skin that came free with the phone ordered directly from BlackBerry. It works just fine, gives a reliable grip but is thin and smooth enough to slip the phone into and out of my pants pocket without hanging up.

Now that I have mobile hotspot working thru T-Mobile, I rate this phone 9.5 out of 10. Miss wireless charging and a pain switching over to usb-c (my tablets and other devices are still micro-usb). Otherwise this is a premium phone at a very good price.
    11-05-16 02:02 PM
    Meh, my G4's double tap to wake usually never works on first try so this is moot.

#whatisclassic
    11-05-16 05:52 PM
    Thank you. Does the skin go on the back? That's where the grip problem is. Would it cover the camera / fingerprint sensor etc?
    Not having seen it it probably has a cutout for the fingerprint sensor.
    11-05-16 06:37 PM
    The skin that came with the phone has cut outs for camera and fingerprint reader.
    11-05-16 08:21 PM
    Not having seen it it probably has a cutout for the fingerprint sensor.
    The the back skin that comes with the BlackBerry bundle: There are cutouts for the camera and fingerprint sensor. There are slight bumps for the buttons and the edge wraps around the two speakers.
    11-05-16 08:23 PM
    Yes, there is a BlackBerry soft shell case available for the DTEK60.
    11-05-16 09:04 PM
    Why couldn't they just replicate the hard cover they sell for the DTEK50?? I liked that one a lot.
    11-05-16 10:42 PM
    Double tap to wake is finnicky for me. Has to be accurate. If i tap too fast or slow it doesn't work all the time
    11-05-16 10:48 PM
    Interesting to heard the complaints about the double tap to wake/lock feature. It works flawlessly for me. The only thing I wish is that the double tap to lock worked with other launches aside from the stock BB launcher.
    11-06-16 06:20 AM
    It usually works OK just with the phone but it doesn't work work for me with the BlackBerry flip case and is erratic with the pouch.
    11-06-16 06:24 AM
    Double tap works without problems on Lumia 640 (and it has soft touch back)... on phone for $100!
    11-06-16 07:36 AM
    Double tap works without problems on Lumia 640 (and it has soft touch back)... on phone for $100!
    Microsoft still making phones? :P
    11-06-16 07:47 AM
    I hate when Phones have slippery backs. I love the rubberized backs on so many BlackBerry devices. Cases are so annoying.
    It is amazing that form/style over function reigns supreme. But if it slips and you break it, what do they care - you buy another!
    11-06-16 01:51 PM
    You could always activate the fingerprint scanner. Double tapping works just fine, but the fingerprint scanner is so quick I use it entirely now.
    11-06-16 02:25 PM
    You could always activate the fingerprint scanner. Double tapping works just fine, but the fingerprint scanner is so quick I use it entirely now.
    Or just the power button on the side.

NFC Smart Lock might work too.
    11-06-16 02:40 PM
    I actually think blackberry nailed it when it came to make grippy backs that also look premium. Normally seems like you have to change for one or another
    11-06-16 06:25 PM
    Only two problems? This thread fails to meet the CrackBerry threshold. Mods, please delete.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-06-16 07:47 PM
    Only two problems? This thread fails to meet the CrackBerry threshold. Mods, please delete.
    I could do a rant about nothing in particular if that help!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-07-16 01:18 AM
    Microsoft still making phones? :P
    ... unlike BlackBerry :P
    11-07-16 05:41 AM
28 12