This is interesting... I know this crackberrian used to be a BlackBerry fan, and now I see he is happy with another brand, which is great... I like what he mentioned regarding permission control over Google PS access but, as you noticed, at the same time it's reporting a whooping amount of access to sms and contacts...
    I'm extremely happy with android. It feels almost like BBOS, in so many ways. As I mentioned in my previous reply, the reads are for backups to Google which I allow. The numbers represent the amount of information backed up on my device, and not how many times it was read in one activity. You're looking at over two years of active data. I can up a screen shot of my local backup, if you're interested in further proof?

Also, I was never a Blackberry fan. I supported the platform beyond just playing favorites and bandwagoning.
    11-07-16 10:56 AM
    I have used a Z30 since it first came out, and have been on the DTEK 60 for a week now. The critical productivity features like the Hub, Calendar, address book, voice command etc are there. All of the Android apps I have downloaded like MS Office Word, XL and Adobe, Google Maps and others work great. The DTEK is quick, doesn't get hot, and is probably what the next Z30 could have been. When you upgrade your phone, consider the DTEK 60-its great. I dare say the DTEK 60 could be the Blackberry OS killer.
    11-07-16 07:22 PM
    Hey there... no, you don't need to proof anything, I was just curious... glad to hear that's you are happy with your choice....

I'm extremely happy with android. It feels almost like BBOS, in so many ways. As I mentioned in my previous reply, the reads are for backups to Google which I allow. The numbers represent the amount of information backed up on my device, and not how many times it was read in one activity. You're looking at over two years of active data. I can up a screen shot of my local backup, if you're interested in further proof?

Also, I was never a Blackberry fan. I supported the platform beyond just playing favorites and bandwagoning.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-16 04:34 AM
    I'm glad to hear that Dtek 60 seems to be a great device. Being cutting edge in specs is probably very expensive and maybe also not possible with that outsourcing kind of deal.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 06:25 AM
    You're missing my point. I'm talking about where the product support comes from. BlackBerry, Samsung, Apple, etc have significant support infrastructure in NA.

So although the DTEK60 is also built in China, it is unlike most of the other stuff coming from there.
    meaning???
    11-08-16 08:33 AM
    meaning???
    I'm not starting all over again. Read back.
    11-08-16 08:58 AM
    I'm not starting all over again. Read back.
    I read what you posted, and clearly you're just a BB fanboy who knows nothing about the built quality for the "other stuff coming from there"
    pityful...
    my One+, 2 years old, not a mark, not a dent, still as fast as the first day I got it.
    my Axon 7, couple of weeks, way better display, way better sound, more RAM, great quality built, ..., and way less expensive that the DTEK60...
    simon williams4 likes this.
    11-08-16 10:25 AM
    I read what you posted, and clearly you're just a BB fanboy who knows nothing about the built quality for the "other stuff coming from there"
    pityful...
    my One+, 2 years old, not a mark, not a dent, still as fast as the first day I got it.
    my Axon 7, couple of weeks, way better display, way better sound, more RAM, great quality built, ..., and way less expensive that the DTEK60...
    That's not at all what my posts have been about. Be careful before you call someone out

I'm not arguing quality or price at all.

What differentiates the DTEK60 from many (not all) other Chinese devices is that it has significant NA support infrastructure behind it. As such, it can be taken very seriously by enterprise and consumers that are concerned about that.
    11-08-16 10:45 AM
    That's not at all what my posts have been about. Be careful before you call someone out

I'm not arguing quality or price at all.

What differentiates the DTEK60 from many (not all) other Chinese devices is that it has significant NA support infrastructure behind it. As such, it can be taken very seriously by enterprise and consumers that are concerned about that.
    mmmh... That's not what I understood reading your posts... But sorry if I didn't get them right.

I've never had any problem with my One+ but I heard their support wasn't bad.
    I've sent a couple of emails to ZTE support and they replied very fast, so that was satisfactory to me.
    Now, those phones are pretty solid, I'm talking about quality built and also about their OS. OnePlus has a really great OS running on their phones, and ZTE has its own MiFavor coat running over Android, but it's pretty good as well.
    What I mean is that all the chinese phones are now pretty much as good as the "big" brands like Samsung and Apple, and since they cost way less than them, and offer almost as much if not more, then... Then BB, with its DTEK60 priced too high, will not sell well. It's too bad because I would have gotten one, a chinese BB running Android
    11-08-16 11:42 AM
    Keep arguing about the oneplus and ZTE phones because most people don't use them LOL

And the axon 7 looks fugly as fugly can be - but I get it, it's cheap so that's why fanboys love it - more like the android space has gotten stale and boring so anything new gets you excited even if it's pretty much the same thing as everything else.

Wow - unibody metal enclosure is the marker of premium now? Ok loll

#whatisclassic
    11-08-16 11:57 AM
    Keep arguing about the oneplus and ZTE phones because most people don't use them LOL

And the axon 7 looks fugly as fugly can be - but I get it, it's cheap so that's why fanboys love it - more like the android space has gotten stale and boring so anything new gets you excited even if it's pretty much the same thing as everything else.

#whatisclassic
    What does that say about BB phones then? They have even less market share than those.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-16 12:07 PM

#whatisclassic
    this post just shows how little you know...
    There are more owners of OnePlus phones than there are DTEKX0s and this will not change.
    As for your comment about the look of the Axon, it's yours and only yours... But the Axon specs are wayyy more advanced than the DTEK60, for a cheaper price. So eventhough I know and like BlackBerry, I wouldn't want to spend that much for a phone that cannot compete at all compared to so many other phones, ZTE Xiaomi Huawei OnePlus .....

Oh, I forgot: LOL (<-- so lame... )
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-09-16 04:48 AM
    There are more owners of OnePlus phones than there are DTEKX0s and this will not change.
    As for your comment about the look of the Axon, it's yours and only yours... But the Axon specs are wayyy more advanced than the DTEK60, for a cheaper price. So eventhough I know and like BlackBerry, I wouldn't want to spend that much for a phone that cannot compete at all compared to so many other phones, ZTE Xiaomi Huawei OnePlus .....

Thanks for proving my point bud! LOL

#whatisclassic
    11-09-16 06:53 AM
    If I was your bud, I would really really feel insulted... But Thank God I'm not and I feel normal again.
    Back to the original question, there is no question that the One+X is still way better than the DTEK60, hardware and OS speaking. People who can read specs and reviews and understand them (so that leaves you out evodevo69) have no trouble making their choice.
    11-09-16 07:36 AM
    I have used a Z30 since it first came out, and have been on the DTEK 60 for a week now. The critical productivity features like the Hub, Calendar, address book, voice command etc are there. All of the Android apps I have downloaded like MS Office Word, XL and Adobe, Google Maps and others work great. The DTEK is quick, doesn't get hot, and is probably what the next Z30 could have been. When you upgrade your phone, consider the DTEK 60-its great. I dare say the DTEK 60 could be the Blackberry OS killer.
    There are a lot of things going to the DTEK60. I personally love it a lot. As you said, if you get the Productivity suite it's almost the same. Not as good but great for now. I also think Z30 onwers will really enjoy the DTEK60.

If I'm not able to get a DTEK60 ill wait for that mystery qwerty device

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    11-09-16 08:33 AM

you mean they are copy each other the design to save money so it can be cheaper and better? appearantly profit margin is not very good and can't pay middle man to carry their phone... enjoy your ZTE, Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus...
    ZTE sues Huawei over P8 and X2 camera patents - GSMArena.com news
    https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-we-se...Western-stores
    11-09-16 09:07 AM
    you mean they are copy each other the design to save money so it can be cheaper and better? appearantly profit margin is not very good and can't pay middle man to carry their phone... enjoy your ZTE, Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus...
    ZTE sues Huawei over P8 and X2 camera patents - GSMArena.com news
    https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-we-se...Western-stores
    please read the specs before you post...
    The Oneplus3 is a great phone, great OS (Oxygen).
    The Axon7 is a great phone, also a great OS (MiFavor)
    But their hardware is quite different. Check the display, check the sound, check the RAM, check the network, check... Well go read and come back!
    And when you come back, let me know how superior is the DTEK compared to those phones. Please make me laugh again when you say the design is the same so it can be cheaper. Remind me where the DTEK is built, what components it's using, ... what's BB is copying now.
    I'm enjoying my A7 a lot, thanx. Its specs are better than the DTEK and I paid way less than the DTEK so I don't have to borrow some cash to go to the movies... Mmmh something you might never do, since you like to overpay your phones
    11-09-16 09:23 AM
    ZTE has very poor signal Reception.

Op3 not much better .

DTEK60 has the strongest antenna Reception I ever had, and it's the most important thing to me. With bonus DTEK60 has outstanding display, speaker , battery life... Etc...
    11-09-16 09:27 AM
    please read the specs before you post...
    The Oneplus3 is a great phone, great OS (Oxygen).
    The Axon7 is a great phone, also a great OS (MiFavor)
    But their hardware is quite different. Check the display, check the sound, check the RAM, check the network, check... Well go read and come back!
    And when you come back, let me know how superior is the DTEK compared to those phones. Please make me laugh again when you say the design is the same so it can be cheaper. Remind me where the DTEK is built, what components it's using, ... what's BB is copying now.
    I'm enjoying my A7 a lot, thanx. Its specs are better than the DTEK and I paid way less than the DTEK so I don't have to borrow some cash to go to the movies... Mmmh something you might never do, since you like to overpay your phones
    Thx. Sorry i am not spec buyer... for me, i would like to see performance bench mark from reputable source. such as this:
    Benchmarks (Phone Arena)
    once that established, i would consider price, function per weight to my liking (I am skinny, can't hold a brick and type), and I'll look at the key app I am required vs OS and go from there... spec means a little... (Apple got lower spec of processor, but some graphic processing just better due to OS and software optimization... some unit heat up a lot, but some cool software in update can resolve that problem --- get your video much smooth... I am look at the whole package, hardware and software and app... spec just a piece of paper, didn't buy me much... good to know the platform, like droid MM, but it might be Java, carry some overhead... like BBOS, it is slow, because you need compress data and encryption before transmission... but you use less data plan - in old days, that save money... and carrier... if the carrier i select, didn't have LTE hot spot plan, that spec means nothing to me... just a choice with no value).
    In addition, if you really interested in processor, here is link you can check... it is not surprise why some of chinese phone are cheap... ranking not very high.. did check One Plus 3T? not on market until Nov. 15 rumor said... based on the youtube image, the camera also stick out from the back, similar issue as dtek 60, don't like that... no performance data at all, no comment... I will treat as ghost phone, until it materialized and field tested.
    http://www.androidbenchmark.net/cpumark_chart.html
    Last edited by stlabrat; 11-09-16 at 10:18 AM.
    11-09-16 09:53 AM
    ZTE has very poor signal Reception.

Op3 not much better .

DTEK60 has the strongest antenna Reception I ever had, and it's the most important thing to me. With bonus DTEK60 has outstanding display, speaker , battery life... Etc...
    Errrrrhhh... Do you even own an Axon? A 1+3?
    I have perfect 4G reception on my A7 and on my 1+...
    I also have a huge WiFi connection with my A7, you'd be surprised :O

DTEK60 outstanding display speaker battery life... Same specs as my A7, but wait! My A7 is chinese so it suxx, right? :O
    Wait again! outstanding speaker? Want to compare? Really?
    11-09-16 10:54 AM
    This thread could be classified as funny.

I'll loan you guys a yard stick if you can't find one.

I'll go back to lurk mode mode and observe now.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 06:28 PM

http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8067

I can't quite see where the specs are Waaayy more advanced? Can you tell me where please.
    11-09-16 08:49 PM
    This thread could be classified as funny.

I'll loan you guys a yard stick if you can't find one.

I'll go back to lurk mode mode and observe now.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! It's so asinine this entire thread SMH

#whatisclassic
    11-09-16 11:05 PM
    BlackBerry DTEK60 vs. ZTE Axon 7 - GSMArena.com

I can't quite see where the specs are Waaayy more advanced? Can you tell me where please.
    _ better sound, dual front speaker + Dolby Atmos + DAC dedicated to the headset
    _ 64GB RAM
    _ bigger battery hence bettter autonomy

The rest they share. One is a chinese phone, the other one is... also chinese But the price is not the same, so wayyy better
    11-10-16 05:42 AM
    If software and security updates are important to you then go with the DTEK 60
    simon williams4 likes this.
    11-10-16 06:00 AM
108 ... 2345