How were you "stabbed"? Have you suffered with a BlackBerry device?
    Yes I did, BlackBerry has shut their service centre after they stopped their device division. They kept on playing with words after they show the glimpse of Priv on 2015, they kept on denying about Android devices in all of their interviews before the launch of Priv. I just don't want to start all this again. May be for you android BlackBerry is a good step but for me not.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 01:53 PM
    I also know that BlackBerry is trying to push the Dtek 60 as galaxy rival but these customers are also willing to spent some money and will rather go for Pixel,P9 and others.
    But of course I am hoping for the best.
    However I believe that security as a feature is nice to have but will continue to help make the transition to being software. Not that that is a bad thing.
    Maybe it is also the only way for BlackBerry to make their phones individual

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 02:05 PM
    Agreed One plus will have better specs and priced cheaper. But have you guys used any of those phones? Hardware wise they're nicer but the android OS (oxygen) sucks. I've tried oneplus x for a week and a lot of other flagship androids including htc m9, xperia and galaxy s6 edge. It'd the android ui and the bloatware makes these phones lag big time after a while.

IMO, the BlackBerry android is what makes dtek phones far better than any other phones
    The Oxygen OS is just about as stock as the BB android is. There is no bloatware to speak of. There is no lag at all either with any of the Oneplus devices I have owned.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-05-16 02:18 PM
    The Oxygen OS is just about as stock as the BB android is. There is no bloatware to speak of. There is no lag at all either with any of the Oneplus devices I have owned.
    May be it is now. But when I'd oneplus X for a couple of weeks there were lots of issues - I remember the proximity sensor will keep acting weird during phone calls it will switch @ the screen and while I talk I keep pressing Keys inadvertently causing head ache. The shelf used to act up and freeze once in a while. The text message app will show texts from the same number not as a thread but as a new text.

These little issues made me return the phone. I hope it's better now
    11-05-16 02:34 PM
    Yes I did, BlackBerry has shut their service centre after they stopped their device division. They kept on playing with words after they show the glimpse of Priv on 2015, they kept on denying about Android devices in all of their interviews before the launch of Priv. I just don't want to start all this again. May be for you android BlackBerry is a good step but for me not.

Posted via CB10
    But how does that affect the device you have? Is it not working as designed? How have you been stabbed?

Not being able to buy devices in the future that you would like from BlackBerry does not qualify as a betrayal. It's just unfortunate.
    11-05-16 02:59 PM
    How were you "stabbed"? Have you suffered with a BlackBerry device?
    I should qualify that comment, my apologies.

BlackBerry devices in general are pretty good quality. My Z30 is quite reliable and I haven't had any of the issues that seem to plague others.

That comment was encompassing the following:

- constant lip service that BlackBerry is committed to BB10 and yet reality shows otherwise.
    - devices that ship defective and people seem to get the runaround to have them replaced.
    - updates that brick screens on the Z30 and people are still treated as if they are at fault even though it's a known issue.
    - doubletype issues on PKB devices that BlackBerry won't own up to.
    - promised updates that never come.
    - the list goes on.

How many times have we been hyped up only to get let down? Status quo, it seems.

Regardless, we try hard to remain loyal and hope the Android train is successful only to see them repeat the same behavior that got them into all this - a half-hearted attempt at best.

BB10, in my opinion, was / is the best OS I have experienced on a phone and it's beyond me when so many say the same they seem bent on self-destruction.

And like sheep we follow. I'm as guilty and disillusioned as the rest.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and krazyatom like this.
    11-05-16 03:13 PM
    I fail to see the oneplus 3t beating this phone in performance. The current scores im getting is 2-3k higher then even the pixels antutu test...
    Attached Thumbnails One Plus 3T vs DTEK60-screenshot_20161104-121742.jpg  
    11-05-16 03:40 PM
    Does the majority of the public even know the difference between specs? I doubt it. I am also not sure the people buying blackberries are the same crowd buying the oneplus set of phones. There might be a little crossover but I doubt a significant amount.

Posted via CB10
    Do the majority of the public know the dtek60 exists? no - that's all that matters, nobody selects a phone they don't know about regardless of spec.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-16 04:16 PM

BlackBerry devices in general are pretty good quality. My Z30 is quite reliable and I haven't had any of the issues that seem to plague others.

- constant lip service that BlackBerry is committed to BB10 and yet reality shows otherwise.
    - devices that ship defective and people seem to get the runaround to have them replaced.
    - updates that brick screens on the Z30 and people are still treated as if they are at fault even though it's a known issue.
    - the list goes on.

How many times have we been hyped up only to get let down? Status quo, it seems.

Regardless, we try hard to remain loyal and hope the Android train is successful only to see them repeat the same behavior that got them into all this - a half-hearted attempt at best.

BB10, in my opinion, was / is the best OS I have experienced on a phone and it's beyond me when so many say the same they seem bent on self-destruction.

Posted via CB10
    ... and updates that break the ability to even delete an app.

... and updates that cause flickering screens.

... and updates that cause double typing.

... and statements of compatibility that are incorrect.

... and advertising about security app controls that are wrong.

...and devices that get screaming hot.

... and devices that creak... and click.

...and screens that lift.

... and claims that your device could never bend.

... and devices with such poor battery life you can hardly leave the house with it.

... and...and...and.

You are spot on... the list goes on and on...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 04:42 PM

- the list goes on.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 04:42 PM

... and devices with such poor battery life you can hardly leave the house with it.

... and...and...and.

Oh the best one is...

Employees to Chen : sir, what about bb10 users, 10.3.3 ??

Chen : we have an excuse , 'NIAP Certificate' for the delay, keep posting the same statement ' We Commit to BB10 ' till then I will find someone to buy BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 04:47 PM
    But how does that affect the device you have? Is it not working as designed? How have you been stabbed?

Not being able to buy devices in the future that you would like from BlackBerry does not qualify as a betrayal. It's just unfortunate.
    In a very simple way.

If they had cleared the air that Priv would come with Android I would have certainly won't invested my money on buying Passport or to an OS which was on life support. I recommended Passport and Leap to few of my friends and relative who are blaming me now and I would have rock with my Z30 and had got Samsung or iphone as my next device.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 04:51 PM
    Guys, go ahead and buy a OnePlus 3, or any other cheap Chinese device over the BlackBerry supported DTEK60 if you wish. This thread seems to have veered off the rails.

You guys seem to bash BlackBerry at every opportunity, but somehow you feel that they have created OS nirvana in the form of BB10 out of the mountain of apparent chaos and monumental stupidity, unreliability, and mis-management.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-05-16 04:52 PM
    I had/have nothing but positive experiences with all of the BlackBerry devices I've owned over the years - from the curves and bolds, to the Z10/Z30, to the Passport, the Priv and the DTEKs.

I don't feel stabbed in the back. I found I've always received great value for money. I'd do it all again.
    Positive?did you own a Playbook-where is BB 10?
    Or a Passport SE? Not a single update came from BlackBerry for the SE!!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 04:55 PM
    Guys, go ahead and buy a OnePlus 3, or any other cheap Chinese device over the BlackBerry supported DTEK60 if you wish. This thread seems to have veered off the rails.

You guys seem to bash BlackBerry at every opportunity, but somehow you feel that they have created OS nirvana in the form of BB10 out of the mountain of apparent chaos and monumental stupidity, unreliability, and mis-management.
    If 2/3/4/5 people bashes BlackBerry, it's understandable fault might be with us but if Majority are bashing then it's the other way round.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 04:59 PM
    Positive?did you own a Playbook-where is BB 10?
    Or a Passport SE? Not a single update came from BlackBerry for the SE!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes and yes.

I bought the PlayBook with BlackBerry Tablet OS. I couldn't have cared less about subsequent musings on a possible upgrade to BB10. It worked fine as is, and I used it for 3 years.

The Passport SE, which I also owned, was a refresh of an already one year old device. I had no illusions about the difficulty BlackBerry was in when I bought it. It served me well, and performed as designed.

No one owes me a thing.
    11-05-16 05:00 PM

I'm not sure people "want" to buy another phone rather than the DTEK60. I think what the majority of them are stating in one form or another is that they are leery of being stung yet again.

I'd hardly call it bashing when it's self-induced.

You are not wrong stating that they have created somewhat of a cult following with BB10, even with all the monumental bungling. That, it seems, comes from us loyalists putting up with it all and banding together to help each other solve issues that BlackBerry should be part of but is conspicuously not interested.

It's time they showed up to the game. Service sells, even with less than flagship devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 05:07 PM
    I think what the majority of them are stating in one form or another is that they are leery of being stung yet again.
    Posted via CB10
    I guess I have never had a stinging experience with BlackBerry.

Every device I have ever bought worked as designed. I had a Passport SE with screen lift, and it was replaced immediately at no charge.
    11-05-16 05:15 PM
    I guess I have never had a stinging experience with BlackBerry.

Every device I have ever bought worked as designed. I had a Passport SE with screen lift, and it was replaced immediately at no charge.
    Yes, you and I are fortunate enough to have had great devices. You got good service when things were broken. I think (given all I've read here and elsewhere) we are exceptions to the rule and I'm sure there are others too, but it doesn't seem status quo.

If we bought a vehicle and had issues, we expect the Dealer to take care of things rather than continually give us scripted responses as to why it can't be fixed or that it's a known issue and we�ll fix it whenever, but that fix never comes. People just get tired of it after a while, that doesn't make them wrong, just as you're not wrong either.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 05:26 PM
    Nowadays, I guess Oneplus has a stronger brand recognition than BlackBerry
    11-05-16 05:27 PM
    Nowadays, I guess Oneplus has a stronger brand recognition than BlackBerry
    True. May be the build quality of the device is not as premium as BlackBerry but surely it has more brand recognition then BlackBerry. Apart from Crackberry or few sites Maximum thinks BlackBerry is dead. Out of Game.

How long will they support Android?? A year max to max.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 05:43 PM
    I'm not using a BB device, most because I don't change phone regularly, but I think one way to measure the participation in the global market is watching how reviewers take in consideration a device to evaluate, I see a lot of companies, magazines, digital media and others doing that, so there is a market for BB devices and also buyers.

The sad thing is BB had a great change to become more than just another company making smartphones they were great and profitable as Nokia once was but I don't think they are lost now.

Regarding to main topic, you can always make an specs comparison, but it's hard to do an experience comparison, some people are truly happy with their windows phones, some people hates Android, but the market is defined not only for the people but for the marketing behind each brand.
    11-05-16 05:43 PM
    Agreed. How often do those other phone get updates i wonder
    11-05-16 05:53 PM
    I can't help but chuckle when I hear, "supported by BlackBerry ".

After being repeatedly stabbed in the back by BlackBerry, people are still being led like sheep to slaughter.

The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Posted via CB10
    I REALLY hope your not using a Blackberry phone now.
    11-05-16 06:45 PM

... and...and...and.

wow. I am really impressed with all the fault of the company, software, hardware, support, etc. (1) BB10 still the best OS as loved by all the haters, (2) those hate BB still come back to CB again and again voice their love for the OS and hate anything else and refuse to go away.
    OP of the "One plus 3T vs Dtek 60", here is prior review of One plus 3 vs Moto4G and Dtek 50 for your reference... go ahead buy One plus 3T you appear to be set your heart on. Come back tell us how do you like it without Hub, don't forget to activated the encryption (not like BB, it is a default), you might get hacked before you got chance to write any review... And more, make sure you have enough storage on board... (not sure if it has sd expansion slot or not)... If I were you, I wouldn't stop write anyting about how good or bad before tested for at least a week or two... Come back and tell use how is antenna (go to remote place or elevator, basement, bombshelter, etc... Turn on all 2G, 3G, LTE, Wifi, tell me how good is the signal when wifi, NFC on) and battery holds... (hopefully, nothing like S7 N7 blow up before you finish test or drain battery so fast... do a geo tag and set up tracking every 30 sec... and tell me how it goes in remote places). I am looking forward to see your report based on performance.. many thanks in advance.
    https://recombu.com/mobile/article/b...-sony-xperia-x
    11-05-16 07:31 PM
108 1234 ...